AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-04, 13:42   Link #621
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
nah... messing up her face with the molten cheese would have been far better
I call both.
Old 2011-05-04, 22:41   Link #622
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I'm sure some of you have seen this already but 3D or 2D?
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/0...touwa-cosplay/

Personally 2D is the better one.
That's pretty well done, although a futon in one or two shots would've rounded it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
almost no pan but still shiro pan no one beat alien pan

she needs to roll in a futon if she wants to beat Erio.
Shimapan would've been better there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
nah... messing up her face with the molten cheese would have been far better
How about showing us how to eat pizza while wrapped in a futon?
*That* would've been epic.
Old 2011-05-05, 12:28   Link #623
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

There were certain scenes involving Ryuko in episode 4 that made me think "so Shaft couldn't avoid being Shaft huh." Then again when Erio appear I was like "all is forgiven."
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 12:58   Link #624
Miraluka
Banned

Oh, Makoto, to naive to think Maekawa or Ryuuko under the blanket when your aunt Meme .

Btw, its me or the water makes him look better? Wet bishounen syndrome?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 12:58   Link #625
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
There were certain scenes involving Ryuko in episode 4 that made me think "so Shaft couldn't avoid being Shaft huh." Then again when Erio appear I was like "all is forgiven."
There is nothing to forgive. Shaft's Shaftiness is a wonderful thing. I know lots of people feel as you do about their excesses, and it's a reasonable point of view, but I say to Shinbou: "Just go for it!"

Prior to seeing ep4, I find that I have gradually come to rank this as the best show of the season. Not just for its (controlled) Shaftiness, and for the amazing character design, but for the droll lead male and for interesting characters and evolutions all round.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 13:03   Link #626
Miraluka
Banned

If you get more picky there some little inconsistences with the faces in the hospital and Erio's 4-fingers foots at the last scene of the episode.

I can ignore that since the episode was very good to begin with.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 13:21   Link #627
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If you get more picky there some little inconsistences with the faces in the hospital and Erio's 4-fingers foots at the last scene of the episode.

I can ignore that since the episode was very good to begin with.
Erio's one piece dress made this a top-tier series. Actually wait...Anohana has a one piece dress too......holy crap I think I just found the formula to good anime.
Old 2011-05-05, 14:29   Link #628
tsunade666

Is the MC ending in hospital a trend now a days?

MC getting broken right hand ended up not enabling to destroy such illusions but the illusions itself isn't bad XD

Mako-chan is lucky that his getting hospital visit from such cute girls. It will never happen to me even in my deathbed

Spoiler for A gift from Erio:

lesson from mom

Spoiler for Cute/Moe overload from Erio:

Erio in one piece dress is nice. Though is this type of dress really one piece with a sash? I'm not sure

Spoiler for heaven or hell:

Bike with all your might.
Old 2011-05-05, 14:31   Link #629
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:

lesson from mom

Damn it, I was really hoping that she wasn't wearing anything under there.
Old 2011-05-05, 20:56   Link #630
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Uh-oh - SHAFT-iness on the rise...

Spoiler for 4:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 21:24   Link #631
mysterious

Girl is willing to give you her panty in my anime? more likely than you think. Now, the question is "is it used or not?"

And what is wrong with him? getting a panty from such a cute girl and he makes that a -1?! Adolescence, you have lost it.

Like mother, like daughter. Erio continues to maturing her moe antics nicely, not sure about her brain and common sense though

The alien signs in the city have bother me for a while. Is it just a red herring from the show or a clue to things happen later in the anime? I hope that there is actually alien that watch over Erio. I gonna take a wild guess that Erio's father is infact alien and some damn important alien as that.
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 21:28   Link #632
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Seriously, if I was Makoto, I would just give up on resisting Meme-san, just accept all her advances

After this episode, Erio = the most beautiful and moe girl of the season. That one piece sealed the deal for me.

And also...

Quote:

Best gift ever.
Old 2011-05-05, 21:52   Link #633
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

For me, ep4 may be the best anime episode of the year so far. Perfect in every way, with excellent verbal timing, interesting lines and ideas, great background music, fascinating characters, and moving emotions. Katou Emiri as Ryuuko is just outstanding. Not that everyone else isn't terrific, too. And, of course, the character design....

And the Shaftiness is wonderful. I loved that basketball game at the beginning.

Guardian_Enzo, you are one of the most interesting posters here, for me: I agree enthusiastically with half of everything you say -- and disagree violently with the other half. No middle ground, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-05-05 at 22:22.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 21:55   Link #634
00Coyote

I lost it, fell off my drafting chair, laughing uncontrollably, at the 'cake almost past its expiration date' in the refrigerator bit. That gag alone made up for the overall shoddy animation.

Quality aside, why is it I enjoy Shaft's comedic timing so much?

Matsumae Ohana is in the wrong show if she wants to sparkle. Erio is putting on a clinic.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 22:13   Link #635
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
For me, ep4 may be the best anime episode of the year so far. Perfect in every way, with excellent verbal timing, interesting lines and ideas, great background music, fascinating characters, and moving emotions. Katou Emiri as Ryuuko is just outstanding. Not that everyone else isn't terrific, too.

And the Shaftiness is wonderful. I loved that basketball game at the beginning.

Guardian_Enzo, you are one of the most interesting posters here, for me: I agree enthusiastically with half of everything you say -- and disagree violently with the other half. No middle ground, lol.
Well, I'll take that as a compliment I guess! I don't think we disagree about too much with this show - I enjoy it an awful lot. I just don't think the characters are strong enough that they don't need a lot of trickery to help them along. The conventional visuals - especially the unbelievably great character designs - are eye-pleasing enough on their own. Trust the material, Miyamoto-san!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 22:41   Link #636
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Speaking of enjoying, people on myanimelist doesn't rate this series as high....only 7.something. The animation department should be 20/10 so why so?
Old 2011-05-05, 22:50   Link #637
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Nice, Ryuko route confirmed! For all his talk about adolescence points he's pretty oblivious. Now for Maekawa...
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 23:13   Link #638
Chase

Spoiler for episode 4:

Oh and please stop giving Meme negative points
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 01:03   Link #639
Johnny
Working the bags...

Meme's just awesome. Wasn't sure of her in the beginning, but now I always look forward to seeing her...

Also, what the heck was Maekawa supposed to be at the end in her costume...?
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 01:31   Link #640
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

So who here thinks Erio's father is actually someone called Elliot?

Tags
aliens, ecchi, light novel adaptation, romance, school life, seinen, shaft, shounen, slice of life