AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-07-10, 08:39   Link #21
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Am I missing something here? Since when Sasuke get Naruto's powers of friendship?

This brofist with Orochimaru is so out of character.
Old 2012-07-10, 08:47   Link #22
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
ch.579 (the infamous "Dr. Snakes" chapter), p.16. Ty Hunter!
thanks gonna read it again!!!
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 09:12   Link #23
Lunarskylar

orochimaru joygasm, that's all i really need
i've been waiting for this day for years

orochimaru is really something else though, can he even be called human? its just like "hey im kabuto i'm going to do all this surgery to combine orochimaru's energy with myself" then orochimaru comes along all "hey, imma reverse all that by tapping your shoulder, nbd"

which is why i love the magnificent bastard.

so with these new revelations, this war might not be the final chapter of the story after all. These "humans who know everything" may open the door to a new arc after this one, especially since orochimaru doesn't see the war as being significant enough to participate in.
Old 2012-07-10, 09:18   Link #24
Hiking_Bear

It seems like the scroll involves the summoning of multiple persons. I have two ideas on who it might be.

One possibility is that Orochimaru intended to resurrect the entire Uchiha Clan with Edo Tensei. Sasuke would want to speak to the clansmen, including his mother and father, to find out their side of the story. Why were they driven to start a coup? And what were they doing the night of the 9-tails attack? Perhaps Tobi's "wall of Sharingan" will be used to facilitate their return. Of course, Edo Tensei'ng an entire clan would normally require the sacrifice of an equal number of people, something too evil for Sasuke to do on his own. Is this why Orochimaru was brought in?

Another possibility is that Orochimaru found a way to bring back the 4 hokages. Their combined knowledge about Konoha would answer almost any question that Sasuke has about the village and its origin. Tobirama would have knowledge about Edo Tensei and might know how to get rid of Edo Madara. And you just know that Kishi is itching to bring back the hokages since every major character in the series has made a reappearance in this war. It would be a shame if the 4 hokages weren't a part of it.

The identity of "the one who knows everything" is still unclear. Apparently it's not Orochimaru after all.
Old 2012-07-10, 09:42   Link #25
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

His parents and/or clansmen seems unlikely considering the way Orochimaru and Sasuke refer to them (in japanese the term they use is rather rude).
The Hokage of old make sense but as you said they would need to be summoned out of the Shinigami first.
The 2 remaining Elders could work as far as the truth goes but there is no reason for the scroll and Orochimaru so it's very unlikely as well.
Perhaps the 2 sons of the 1st Rikudou who represent the start of this conflict but they don't have much to do with the village.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 10:22   Link #26
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

As much as I hate Sasuke chapters...this one gets points due to Suigetsu being awesome. He's just hilarious at times xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 11:09   Link #27
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
I knew it, this manga is was called 'Sasuke' all along! Damn you Kishi. Naruto has no place in this manga lol
LOL, sad but true. Although I always wanted to name the manga after Itachi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
orochimaru joygasm, that's all i really need
i've been waiting for this day for years

orochimaru is really something else though, can he even be called human? its just like "hey im kabuto i'm going to do all this surgery to combine orochimaru's energy with myself" then orochimaru comes along all "hey, imma reverse all that by tapping your shoulder, nbd".
Haha, I know, I squealed when Orochimaru-sama came back Hooray! Interesting how Orochimaru split his consciousness and hid it in all of his test subjects. This means two things:

1. We will never be rid of Orochimaru, so long as they are curse marks in the world. HOORAY!
2. We finally learn that OROCHIMARU IS VOLDEMORT! And obviously, Voldemort learned Horcrux-no-jutsu from Orochimaru, because duh, Orochimaru is awesome like that. If we ever lose Orochimaru again, we'll just need to find Harry Potter and open up his head to revive Orochivort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Sasuke will follow the path of the Uchiha's ancestor. He'll claim coexistence is impossible, conquest and domination is the way to go. He'll approve Madara (who rejected the impossible peace) and the massacre. (only way for Konoha to protect their peace). He will only change his mind when a beat up Naruto will keep asking him to stop.
Naruto already took the mantle of the Senju's ancestor. Sasuke is almost there too. Their fight can happen now.
I think that's pretty plausible. You said earlier that you thought it was silly for Itachi to die, only for Orochimaru to take his place in explaining things. Well, we got Itachi's side of things- which was pretty much the Senju side. I suppose now Orochimaru is going to show us the other side. I've always wondered where, exactly, the Uchiha clan was hanging out during the Kyuubi attack, and what exactly was the Uchiha Coup?

Were they going to kill every man, woman and child who wasn't Uchiha in Konoha? Or...? I feel like there has to be more to that ill-fated coup for Danzo to have sent Itachi to slaughter his whole clan, with the 3rd's approval (notice I added with the 3rd's approval; we all know Danzo would kill anyone, anywhere, for any reason T-T). Anyway, I'm excited to see where this goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
As much as I hate Sasuke chapters...this one gets points due to Suigetsu being awesome. He's just hilarious at times xD
Suigetsu FTW! He was brilliant in this chapter.
Old 2012-07-10, 11:12   Link #28
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Spoiler for The Secret of Orochimaru and Voldemort...:
Old 2012-07-10, 11:16   Link #29
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Orochimaru's return is not as ridiculous as people are suggesting.

Kishimoto has been building up Orochimaru's significance to the plot for some time from Orochimaru helping Danzou obtain the powers of the 1st Hokage to Orochimaru knowing more about Tobi's agenda than he is comfortable with.

I thought the way Orochimau was revived was creative. He is the freakiest character in the series who always seems to have something up his sleeve.

The way he was "killed off" seemed kind of cheap so I'm glad to see this revival.

Orochimaru always had his own plans. Given that he knows so much about Tobi's plan it begs the question...

Why is he so obsessed with obtaining the Sharingan and the Uchiha's power in the first place?

It's because he knows that he can unlock the powers of the Sage of 6 Paths (Narutoverse's Ninja God) with it.

I suspect that Sasuke may want Orochimaru to use Edo Tensei to resurrect an Uchiha or several Uchiha in order to hear their side of the story.

He's looking for direction and answers from someone important that's for sure.
Old 2012-07-10, 11:23   Link #30
Ero-Senn1n

So Orochimaru can be revived without his soul being there? Now we could have multiple Orochimarus like this, one from each cursed seal, and of course real one if his soul is either placed into a body from the Totsuka sword or somehow Edo-Tensei'd It would be as difficult for them to decide who is the real Orochi as it was for the Naruto clones to decide who can go first on the toilette in the begining of the manga

This should be just some kind of advanced kage bunshin that will vanish as soon as it's initial amount of chakra is finished. Of course since it's advanced it could somehow gather more chakra to live longer, but should avoid battles that deplete his chakra, which means this Orochi-clone can be the perfect advisor for evil-Sasuke

It's funny how easy it is to revive evil characters like Madara and Orochi, but it's impossible to revive past kages and other good guys. Poor Kishimoto killed off all the evil guys so now he has to bring back dead guys to balance the two sides for the plot.

So why wasn't Orochi able to use his arms in the new body? Wasn't the reason why he wanted to get into Sasuke's body to have his arms back? And if he took over Sasuke's body why would he be able to use his arms there? Maybe because Sasuke's body was prepared with the cursed seal? This cursed seal and senjutsu stuff then has to be something that can emulate lost part of the soul, that is the lost arms. And apparently it could even emulate the soul itself, since Orochimaru was revived this seems to be the reason.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2012-07-10 at 11:33.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 11:24   Link #31
ntherblast

Why are people so shocked orochimaru came back? He was a strong ninja and got killed off easily even though he was not at full power for a big character like him to be killed off that easily made no sense in a shonen
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 11:31   Link #32
Lunarskylar

i totally forgot the snake connection between orochimaru and voldemort
orochimaru needs to give sasuke a creepy hug now

it's odd that orochimaru considers himself not strong enough to capture sasuke, when kabuto had both sasuke and itachi on the ropes, and he jsut reabsorbed his powers. but at the same time they were trying to not kill kabuto.

i think what oro is respecting about sasuke is the fact that for the first time in the manga, he's thinking on his own, not being manipulated and deciding to hear the whole truth about everything. like oro himself said, "he's different from when he was being manipulated by itachi, used by me and used by tobi"
this is oen of the first times he's actually acting rational and using the genius level intelligence he's always being praised for.

my perspective comes from the fact that I just reread alot of the war chapters, and i'd forgotten that right before sasuke ran into itachi, he was in "me crazy, me burn with the eyes of my brother, can you see me burning nii-san?" mode.. psycho little demon devil

quoting oro again "the way you are right now, it's not bad"
Old 2012-07-10, 11:31   Link #33
Casshern

I like the Oro/Sasu team! Kinda like a twisted team 7
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 11:40   Link #34
Lunarskylar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
The way he was brought back doesn't make any sense either.
He never needed to switch bodies to gain immortality. He never needed Tsunade to heal his soul. Heck he didn't even need a soul to begin with.
i was more scared when sasuke said grab a piece of kabuto's body and he went up to anko... i was like nonono don't you DARE edo tensei orochimaru using anko's body masashi kishimoto!

and apparently he does, since according to one translation, oro lost the power to use his arms, or at least use them at full power after fighting sarutobi. and right now his current body has been manufactured from kabuto's cells? so he does need another person's body to respawn. And i'm pretty sure that the method used between kabuto and orochimaru is the simplest it can get. Sasuke definitely could not just grab random body parts, stick it to a curse seal, and unseal and grow is very own oro-kun. i'm just wondering what the status is on oro's arms right now, and also does this orospawn have all the memories of everything that happened to him while he was sealed in sasuke and sealed by itachi and etc.. especailly since anko was one of the first test subjects for the curse seal, so that seal consciousness has been locked away for quite some time

Quote:
Orochimaru only got his chakra back, Kabuto is still at full strength, hence still stronger than Orochimaru.
true, but kabuto's turned to his original human form, impling that oro's taken back the power's related to that chakra. so how depowered has kabuto become? can he still use his dragon sage mode and any of the snake techniques? is his dragon shlong gone as well? alot of his new techniques were derived from his oro based physiology, which oro seems to have removed (and maybe even integrated into his own arsenal?)

Also, considering that kabuto once said that oro couldn't become a true sage like him, now that oro has used kabuto's body as a medium to revive himself, andd absorbed kabuto's senjutsu chakra as well as his own, will oro show off his own dragon sage mode later on?
Old 2012-07-10, 11:48   Link #35
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
i was more scared when sasuke said grab a piece of kabuto's body and he went up to anko... i was like nonono don't you DARE edo tensei orochimaru using anko's body masashi kishimoto!
Anko was actually saved by Sasuke, because he removed the cursed seal off her body, now she's free of Orochi again.

And even Kabuto got the snake-shit removed from him, now he looks like a human, that's a nice beginning for going back to the orphanage from where he came from. I really hope that for once the bad guy will not be killed, and Kabuto will become the new leader of the orphanage in the future. Ex-bad guys are always more interesting than plain good guys.

The funny thing about Orochimaru saying that he did see everything from within Anko's body is that then he remembers being defeated by Orochimaru in the forest of death
Orochimaru is becoming creepy as Agent Smith
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 11:59   Link #36
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Phuck YES!!

He is back guys, I've been telling you of his comeback all along, haven't I?
I don't get how it makes sense for Orochimaru to appear in this fashion when he was sealed by Susanoo, but who cares. The coolest character of the show just came back after god knows how many chapters. This automatically makes this one of the greatest chapters of the series.

I'm so stoked to see where this is going.
Old 2012-07-10, 12:51   Link #37
noktown

I don't see it as an asspull either,it's been obvious from the moment he was sealed (not killed),that he'll be back.

And I'm glad he's back.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 13:07   Link #38
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
Am I missing something here? Since when Sasuke get Naruto's powers of friendship?

This brofist with Orochimaru is so out of character.
The magical brofist.... The rampant use of it, it's led me to wonder. First Naruto and Bee, then Naruto and the 9-tails (huge asspull there). Now Sasuke and Orochimaru...

Is Kishi a Bronie? If so, when will Rainbow Dash make the scene?
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 13:23   Link #39
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
So Orochimaru can be revived without his soul being there? Now we could have multiple Orochimarus like this, one from each cursed seal, and of course real one if his soul is either placed into a body from the Totsuka sword or somehow Edo-Tensei'd It would be as difficult for them to decide who is the real Orochi as it was for the Naruto clones to decide who can go first on the toilette in the begining of the manga
I don't think there is such a thing as a real Orochimaru, it would be like saying there was only one real snakes in his body.
What Orochimaru did isn't very different than what Minato did for himself and Kushina in order to meet Naruto in the future except that with the power of the White Snake he went further and created a mechanism in the Cursed Seal allowing the creation of a new body to support his persona if need be.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 13:48   Link #40
Ushio the Omega

"I mean, wow. Orochimaru is the most cookie-cutter villain stereotype in fiction. Just give him a wand and call him Voldemort."

Above the perfect comment to why I have always found Orochimaru boring and am really annoyed he's back.

I can't help but feel shonen jump editors are behind this to drag out Naruto even longer as there have'nt been any massive hits since Bleach.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote