Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-04-05, 08:43   Link #81
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Spoilers aside, I wish Sunrise would add new scenes instead of just cutting a 7-part OVA series into a TV format.
They probabaly will add some new ones later on, though probabaly not much.
Old 2016-04-05, 15:09   Link #82
Tetsu Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
They probabaly will add some new ones later on, though probabaly not much.
Gooooo Phenex story!
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 21:13   Link #83
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Aero View Post
Gooooo Phenex story!
Heh, not gonna happen. Probably a cameo of sorts, but yeah no dice.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 23:40   Link #84
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
to be fair, how the Phenex would ended up in the G-Reco era makes an interesting backstory, unless that wasn't cannon at all.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-06, 06:57   Link #85
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
to be fair, how the Phenex would ended up in the G-Reco era makes an interesting backstory, unless that wasn't cannon at all.
They'll probabaly use the usual buried under a mountain story - if they are bothered to do even that.

Usually they end up there "just because" rather than through proper storyline planning.
Old 2016-04-06, 07:22   Link #86
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
That was for fanservice more than anything, the old mobile suits on display before however, kinda hamfists the connection to UC though.
Old 2016-04-06, 15:46   Link #87
Tetsu Aero

Quote:
Why not?
It was written by the author of Unicorn. It seems very likely that they wouldn't hesitate to do it. Since sales you know.

Last edited by Tetsu Aero; 2016-04-06 at 16:01.
Old 2016-04-06, 17:17   Link #88
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Phenex story is problematic for adapting into the Unicorn story because there's really no place for it to fit, and it's pretty much pointless to the main narrative. It doesn't add anything to Banagher's story. Could work as an animated bonus for a BD release of the anime, but put into the main story? Not gonna happen.
Old 2016-04-07, 05:30   Link #89
Tetsu Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The Phenex story is problematic for adapting into the Unicorn story because there's really no place for it to fit, and it's pretty much pointless to the main narrative. It doesn't add anything to Banagher's story. Could work as an animated bonus for a BD release of the anime, but put into the main story? Not gonna happen.
Bonus for the BD release it is then!
Old 2016-04-11, 03:26   Link #90
bio9205
Reborn

Any word on when the full-length OP will be released?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 08:01   Link #91
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So, newtypes are still a mystery after all that happened?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 22:12   Link #92
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Man, the third episode was so violent especially the scene where an adult saves two kids and burns to death
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 05:24   Link #93
Router25
World Connector. I think

It felt awkward when the transition inbetween OVAs was also included in the TV. They could've done better and added more scenes.
Old 2016-04-17, 05:58   Link #94
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

The transition between end of OVA1 to the battle was plain lazy
Old 2016-04-17, 06:02   Link #95
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

My guess is that they probabaly would have added scenes or handled it better if they had more money available to add more new scenes here but since they needed to fill the time and don't want to waste resources, they probabaly thought leaving everything in was the best solution (not the good presentation problem but the limited money and time needed to be filled problem).

Not that this is defending Sunrise, as much as it is possibly going through the thoughts of some people who may have been assigned to it, with whatever probabaly limited budget given to them and had to come up with ways to solve said issues.

That being said, repeated scenes bother me a lot in combination videos. I always remove them when I make compilation battle videos of a show, even if it's a hard problem to solve when you're working with just fully muxed videos to begin with. So maybe, it is just lazy editing afterall. :/
Old 2016-04-17, 07:48   Link #96
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

It IS lazy editing. I swear I could've done a better job if I was given the raw materials. Heck, some AMVs already did better than this episode. The more we see the episode, the more it matches rumor about Unicorn is just a rushjob as something to fill a slot of a failed show. I hope it's not right, but the lazy OP & lazy ED & lazy inbetween-episode-editing seem to support it.
Old 2016-04-17, 08:20   Link #97
xeviouses

Yeesh, it's like they decided to cut parts of the OVA and put OP/ED songs in between, without caring for transitions at all.

So Unicorn is a mere stopgap for, hopefully, a better Gundam show? Possibly after IBO S2?
Old 2016-04-17, 09:45   Link #98
Router25
World Connector. I think

IBO s2 is announced for fall 2016 after UC0096. they must've picked UC for the upcoming gunpla rg hype. (and I hope it was RG sinanju)
Old 2016-04-17, 10:04   Link #99
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Router25 View Post
IBO s2 is announced for fall 2016 after UC0096. they must've picked UC for the upcoming gunpla rg hype. (and I hope it was RG sinanju)
So far, the "hype" of this Unicorn re-airing is only followed by the release of online-exclusive MG Geara Doga (Unicorn ver.) & MG Zeta Plus A1 (Unicorn ver.) and probably some more that I missed. So, even most of the "new" kits' releases are just lazy re-using of old molds (so far).
Old 2016-04-17, 10:57   Link #100
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
So Unicorn is a mere stopgap for, hopefully, a better Gundam show? Possibly after IBO S2?
Unless they do some more significant changes later on, it feels to me like a cheap cashgrab (cheap because they don't appear to be spending much money), possibly to advertise some Unicorn kits to people who haven't watched it, since it's available for free now. Also possible they will sell Blu-Rays of this too but hard to tell. It won't sell too well (if they keep this up) but if they don't spend too much money, they might stand to make a profit off the venture.

It's also possible that they are saving their budget for later stuff in later arcs, especially since the whole OVA content doesn't appear to be able to run a two cour show by themselves.

Whatever it is, it certainly doesn't look like they have much money invested in this, given how they are getting repeated scenes between OVA volumes. There's definitely a sense of conservatism here in the spending given how they would go so far as to use repeated scenes.

It also wouldn't surprise me if this was part of an experiment of sorts on how they can adopt one of their OVA series into a TV series, so they can rehash more OVA series in the future if it works well. Not unlike how they make Special Edition movies of TV series, which is a thing they do. Unicorn is pretty popular I think so if it fails, they would know for sure it's because of the special rehashed format and know that it is unviable to try this again for another OVA series.