AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-04-12, 07:41   Link #3321
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimbo99 View Post
Honestly, Asterisk Wars doesn't get enough credit.

It has lots of great things about it.
1) The main heroine is a more realistic tsundere who actually has a lot of chemistry with the MC and actually helds her status as royalty.

2) Plenty of action scenes.

3) The MC has a balance between kind hearted and badass

4) Each girl gets screen time and spent time interacting with one another.
I think it gets plenty of credit and you haven't said anything wrong but all of the strengths come off with weaknesses.

1) For being royalty and for being a more believable character she's arguably the least interesting of the girls involved with him.
2) No real problem with this as an action guy.
3) The kind heartedness comes off as naivety far more then it should and his badassery is something that only shows up in flashes. Plus he's also pretty bland despite all of that
4) That's true but most of the interaction feels forced. It's like oh these girls are all rivals but they play nice just because.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-13, 09:51   Link #3322
Roberto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I think it gets plenty of credit and you haven't said anything wrong but all of the strengths come off with weaknesses.

1) For being royalty and for being a more believable character she's arguably the least interesting of the girls involved with him.
2) No real problem with this as an action guy.
3) The kind heartedness comes off as naivety far more then it should and his badassery is something that only shows up in flashes. Plus he's also pretty bland despite all of that
4) That's true but most of the interaction feels forced. It's like oh these girls are all rivals but they play nice just because.
1) she is a nice character but indeed she is the least interesting girl.

3) i agree, he is too soft, he should have kill the old man who tried to kill Claudia, damn Claudia is one of his woman.

4) actually i believe their interaction are quite realistic, they are rivals indeed but they are still friends i don't see anything wrong with that.
Old 2018-04-13, 16:50   Link #3323
Rimbo99

I have been meaning to ask. Was Ayato's closeness to Julis due to the fact that she resembled his mother, Sakura.
Rimbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 00:10   Link #3324
carmolita

No, Ayato never met his mother Akari and knows nothing about her, he only saw her in pictures, but there is no way of knowing if she looked the same as in the flashbacks because she changed her identity as her wish for winning the phoenix festa. Ayato was captivated by Julis because she reminded him of his sister Haruka whom was missing when they met. He became drawn to her because they are both stregas and have
a lot of similarities, it's the same with Sylvia to.

Last edited by carmolita; 2018-04-14 at 00:28.
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 11:58   Link #3325
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, it was because of Haruka. But I wouldn't say it necessarily makes him a siscon or anything.
Old 2018-04-20, 07:06   Link #3326
maton456full

New illustration from volume 14

Spoiler for v14:
maton456full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 07:33   Link #3327
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Julis must've just come out of the shower. But she does look gorgeous.
Old 2018-04-20, 10:16   Link #3328
black prince
Lost Child

Her gaze seems expecting something
Old 2018-04-20, 16:17   Link #3329
Rezel
Evil catgirl translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Julis must've just come out of the shower. But she does look gorgeous.
You're absolutely right =)
Old 2018-04-20, 19:02   Link #3330
carmolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Yeah, it was because of Haruka. But I wouldn't say it necessarily makes him a siscon or anything.
Yep, volume 12 completely throws brocon siscon out the window, there's no chance of that happening or those feelings resonating. Especially since Haruka absolved Ayato of the guilt he had been carrying around all those years. That was the best part of that volume. The book said Ayato clenched his fist so tight they turned blue but he had to tell her, so more less he apologized to her and she forgave him because the end result was the same. It's a shame he can't do the same for her because he so worried about Julis. I really hope he sees Haruka's troubled heart before the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezel View Post
You're absolutely right =)
Rezel... Did you get a secret release of volume 14? If so post the rest of the pic's please!! I've been waiting for this one. Is it true, it's only 6 chapters? any spoiler scoop yet?
Can't wait until Tuesday but still have to wait for the book
Old 2018-04-20, 19:12   Link #3331
maton456full

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
Yep, volume 12 completely throws brocon siscon out the window, there's no chance of that happening or those feelings resonating. Especially since Haruka absolved Ayato of the guilt he had been carrying around all those years. That was the best part of that volume. The book said Ayato clenched his fist so tight they turned blue but he had to tell her, so more less he apologized to her and she forgave him because the end result was the same. It's a shame he can't do the same for her because he so worried about Julis. I really hope he sees Haruka's troubled heart before the end.

Rezel... Did you get a secret release of volume 14? If so post the rest of the pic's please!! I've been waiting for this one. Is it true, it's only 6 chapters? any spoiler scoop yet?
Is from the preview , if you want you can read it here .
https://mfbunkoj.jp/trial/ISBN978-4-.../HTML5/sd.html
maton456full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 21:30   Link #3332
Rezel
Evil catgirl translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
Time to move to our Discord server =) I'll drop spoilers and pics there asap. But I'm unable to do large summaries now due to workload =\
Old 2018-04-21, 23:00   Link #3333
AP24

There are 4 chapters covering the fights. Most likely each chapter will cover 2 fights and at the end will reveal one of the matchups for the next round.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 12:20   Link #3334
Nymene

Are there any side couples ( Japanese call them サブカプ ) in this story like in Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei ? Even if not official girlfriend/fiancee, are there any of the female characters portrayed to have romantic feelings for any male character other than the protagonist Ayato ?
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 13:18   Link #3335
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I actually hope so. I read a spoiler that apparently Xinglou and Xiaofei are becoming an item unless I misunderstood the meaning of the "x" in "Xiaofei x Xinglou".
Old 2018-04-22, 19:58   Link #3336
carmolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymene View Post
Are there any side couples ( Japanese call them サブカプ ) in this story like in Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei ? Even if not official girlfriend/fiancee, are there any of the female characters portrayed to have romantic feelings for any male character other than the protagonist Ayato ?
Not really, The romance relationships in the story are not really the primary focus when it comes to Gakusen. But Lester has a girlfriend which made an appearance in volume 12 and there could be some potential for Haruka and Ernest. In vol 10 After Ayato left Haruka at the hospital, He and Ernest had a battle with Lamairous and afterward they talked about their sisters. In vol 12 Haruka was with Ayato and met Earnest at the festival, She admired him a lot because she watched him fight in the videos and she flattered him praising his swordsmanship and told him how great he would be, Ernest was taken aback by her compliments and took a bit of an interest in her and said something to Ayato like " So this is your sister who taught you swordsmanship" then Ayato very sternly said "I'm very proud of my sister" Ernest felt the tension in Ayato's voice and backed off. At that point, some girl approached and they left after he told Ayato to let him know if he ever needed help, so I think Ernest is a bit of a playboy, Haruka scolded Ayato afterward about how bad his technique was and more less compared him to Ernest.
Haruka has only known swordsmanship all her life so that attracted her to Ernest but Ayato was a bit protective and kind of ruined her romance Ernest will most definitely appear again later so we shall see
Old 2018-04-22, 20:05   Link #3337
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I just hope Ayato isn't overprotective. If he keeps stopping his sister from finding love, that'll be bad because she'll even lose out on getting a guy that would actually make her happy even when she normally would have found someone like that at some point.
Old 2018-04-23, 08:22   Link #3338
LeftSeven
2D artist

ayato's reaction was natural, nobody wants to pair their dearest sister up to a bloodlust. even after haruka regained her conciousness, ayato musn't let his guard down.
Old 2018-04-23, 09:37   Link #3339
DragonOsman
Dragon King

True, but Ernest seems like a good guy nonetheless and Haruka also seems to at least want to be good friends with him. Ayato getting in the way of that too much wouldn't be good, especially if Ernest isn't that bad of a guy and would take good enough care of Haruka if they became a romantic couple.
Old 2018-04-24, 10:09   Link #3340
sparhawk1610
Asura

https://imgur.com/a/MX5Rsv8 vol 14 illus

Tags
alternate history, fantasy, harem, school life