AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-12-24, 00:02   Link #121
noodles87
There will be a sequel!

I still wish KgNE became a project. Oh well, looks like i'm gonna have to learn all the japanese i can.
noodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 02:09   Link #122
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Dude you have no clue how extremely happy I would be if not only did they translate Kimi ga Nozomu but they translated some ELF games as well. Like Doukyuusei(Doukyuusei 2 may be tough since in Japan its out of print.),Yu-no,Isaku,etc. Just translating ELF games would be enough to make me jump up and down.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 19:09   Link #123
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Translating the Dragon Knight games would be nice. It would be a little success as well, since bishoujo RPGs seem to be well received in the west. Look at Brave Soul. ^_^
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 22:12   Link #124
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
Translating the Dragon Knight games would be nice. It would be a little success as well, since bishoujo RPGs seem to be well received in the west. Look at Brave Soul. ^_^
Yea, sadly Brave Soul actually bombed...considering the cost to localize it to the income it recieved, it really sucked.

The game was brilliant though and there should be more RPG/Strategy/non-novel games translated...but it's just not fitting the "instant gratification" group.
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 07:16   Link #125
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Eh? Bombed? Where did you get that? o_O
Old 2004-12-25, 15:30   Link #126
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Sales-wise, it bombed...if I remember correctly, they couldn't offset the price of localizing it with the amount that it sold, and costs had to be eatten. I don't mean that the game sucked that it bombed, but the fact that it didn't sell too well.
Old 2004-12-25, 17:42   Link #127
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Didn't sell too well? That's not true.
It's right up there with the X-Change games as the best-selling Peach Princess games.
Old 2004-12-25, 20:03   Link #128
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Yes now, but when it was released is what I am stating Hindsight is 20/20

Brave Soul had very, very weak sales because it was much longer and more dialog driven than any of the prior games of it's time. Games such as the Viper series outsold it because of their simplistic nature, and that's what overshadowed the greatness of BS. The problem still remains that many people aren't there for dialog or story, but just the 'instant gratification' of many of the games released.
Old 2004-12-25, 22:08   Link #129
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
The problem still remains that many people aren't there for dialog or story, but just the 'instant gratification' of many of the games released.
While I'm not so sure the majority is after instant gratification in particular, it probably doesn't really care all that much exactly what it gets. Which also means that it doesn't really matter how good and expensive (translation-wise) the game is; the number of customers will stay roughly the same. You might be able to expand the customer base if you regularly release products of a higher quality than todays generic ero-games, but it'll take time before it will have any effect.

I also think there needs to be far more releases of (and thus, attention to) non-adult bishoujo games in order to expand this market any time soon. Probably by different companies, or under different brand names. Non-adult titles will reach a far larger crowd, which will increase awareness of bishoujo entertainment. Whether it will be enough though... Who knows? Even non-adult bishoujo games might not succeed in the foreseeable future.
Old 2004-12-26, 16:00   Link #130
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I still wouldn't say that it bombed if it is now with the best-sold games.
Old 2004-12-29, 03:30   Link #131
Omegatek2
The Info-less

Hmmm... well, this is riveting and all, but mebbe we should stick to the topic? My two cents anyways is that it will take time, but bishoujo games of all types will eventually gain some popularity. The start of that, however, is with us- the fans that actually speak out for games we want. We're offering help to the business by making their selections for titles to produce easier. So if something didn't do so well in sales, it just means it will take more time before the market is more viable.

I suppose that's the real problem with a KGNE translation... too much apprehension over the viability of their proposed market group. That and uh... KGNE's producers in Japan are a pain in the arse to work with. Heheh.

Anyways, I'm happy to hear about this, but lets try and keep it related to this game in particular, k?

Keep on postin'!
Omegatek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 20:17   Link #132
noodles87
There will be a sequel!

I agree with Omegatek2 here. Let's stick to the title of the forum topic Anyways i hope some translating company of some sort comes along and wants to translate KgNE, even if it is difficult.
noodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 01:44   Link #133
bishounen_blue

The only thing that's difficult is getting people who ask for the game to buy the game. Nobody wants to tackle a huge game like this just to have no more support than with a smaller game. Unless there is more support for the games currently on the market, nobody will risk putting in the time and money toward translating a game like KGNE. If there are more and more paying customers for English language b-games, problems from the Japanese side will also decrease.
bishounen_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 02:12   Link #134
Soichiro A.
Newbie Member

If they translate this including the SFD you'll be my hero!
Soichiro A. is offline   Reply With Quote