AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2017-10-13, 12:09   Link #1
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Major 2nd Anticipation

Major 2nd, inevitably, gets an anime:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-anime/.122675

For those familiar with the original Major, I think you'll find this very consistent with that series. Mitsuda is at his best writing about kids, IMHO, so Major 2nd is (so far) a lot more like S1 of Major (which I think was the best).
Old 2017-10-14, 10:39   Link #2
moodie

Good luck to any new comers to the series. You have 6 seasons 25 episodes each to catch up.
Old 2017-10-14, 11:40   Link #3
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Or 77 volumes of manga (plus the new ones).
Old 2017-10-14, 16:56   Link #4
AnimeFangirl

I enjoyed the first few volumes of Major... Right until you-know-who bit the big one. I watched and finished the first season but just couldn't stand Goro. I'll wait to see how jerkish the characters in this show are before dipping in.
Old 2017-10-14, 18:33   Link #5
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, I happen to think GAR-o is a great MC even if he cuts against the grain of most sports shounen protagonists in being a prodigious natural talent. But FWIW, Daigo and Goro are very, very different in terms of personality.
Old 2017-10-16, 10:37   Link #6
ditn

Wait what i didnt knew, thats great
Old 2017-10-16, 22:10   Link #7
kanoguti

Fucking yes bro. I was just watching Major and I'm up to S5. Incredible series.
The way the author just throws away characters and introduces new ones is so entertaining in S1-S4. So having a completely different cast in 2nd will be awesome. (s1=s2=s3>ball of friendship movie>s4=s5)

There is nothing better than baseball anime.
Old 2017-10-19, 23:40   Link #8
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ah yes, Major, the first show I noticed Kasai Kenichi. I personally still like the first season the best, and I will probably stick around for at least that much. I mean, I've got to watch for the possible future LI from all the kids the new MC will befriend, right?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2017-10-20, 12:15   Link #9
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Well, I happen to think GAR-o is a great MC even if he cuts against the grain of most sports shounen protagonists in being a prodigious natural talent.
I'm fine with the protagonist being talented. I'm even fine with them being cocky and talented. I liked Tokuchi Toa in One Outs, for example. But Goro was just an insufferable brat for so long I lost patience. I hear he grows a lot later on and becomes a decent sort of chap but it's too late for me.
Old 2017-10-20, 13:43   Link #10
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

To each his own. I never found him particularly insufferable or bratty. He stood up to bullies and basically led a team about to disappear from existence to the edge of national prominence on the strength of his own willpower.
Old 2017-10-22, 09:05   Link #11
Malicre

Nice, so the best sports anime finally continues! I loved the original series and the movie but i didn't really care for the OVA, here's hoping this is good.
Old 2017-10-28, 19:36   Link #12
kanoguti

The only seasons where Goro is kind of a little shit is S1+S2. But it makes sense, since he's still young. (Plus, in my opinion, he's a charming protagonist and very entertaining.)
Old 2018-01-19, 00:55   Link #13
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Watanabe Ayumu is directing, which is great news for Major fans. This will be almost totally ignored in the West of course, but in Japan this franchise is a huge deal.
Old 2018-02-04, 09:51   Link #14
kanoguti

2nd is definitely fit for anime, more-so than some of the later seasons of the original series.

The drama presented is more grounded and I really think the cast of characters in 2nd are better than the ones in Major S1.
Old 2018-04-08, 21:56   Link #15
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

So, Mutsuko is the only other named female apart from Daigo's family, and she's voiced by HanaKana? Yep, that's main heroine traits alright, so we've got Kaoru's successor right there.

Overall, first episode was actually much different than I expected it to be. I actually symphatized about Daigo's situation, feeling that he can't follow in the footsteps of his family. I honestly didn't want him to pitch again and have an injury since that was basically Goro's story ad infinitum (including up to this story), so it's refreshing to see another reason why the MC can't play baseball.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2018-04-09, 00:40   Link #16
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Plenty of female representation in this, don’t worry- way more than the first series for sure.
Old 2018-04-09, 00:54   Link #17
SolidN7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
I'm fine with the protagonist being talented. I'm even fine with them being cocky and talented. I liked Tokuchi Toa in One Outs, for example. But Goro was just an insufferable brat for so long I lost patience. I hear he grows a lot later on and becomes a decent sort of chap but it's too late for me.
Nah, Goro is great, I prefer a protagonist like Goro than crappy protagonist like Kuroko and the baseball fujoshi crap Ōfuri
Closed Thread

Tags
baseball, sports