AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-08-08, 07:08   Link #21
Bambii

OK, now, I tried to play Yogurting, a japanese version, but I couldnt register, or start the game. Anyone knows why??

And, if I change all the options to japanese, like you showed in first post, now, that only means that japanese is installed? I mean, it wont turn my computer into a japanese machine?? XD
And where can I get the East Asian Fonts.?
Bambii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 20:50   Link #22
Rollo Lamperouge
Lelouch's nise Otouto

I can't play the umineko games.
it always hangs . does anyone know what to do? ,_,
Rollo Lamperouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 23:34   Link #23
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

hey is there any way to go around the whole windows jp thing or is changing your regional settings a must?

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
anime ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 03:05   Link #24
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

you could use apploc from microsoft, although there is a small chance that some game doesn't work. In that case you should change your regional setting.

Besides that, no.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 06:13   Link #25
Darksid

When I try to play the game Tomoyo After: It's a wonderful life, my pc isn't probably able to to read the katakana, so it wont show it on my screen. Someone knows how I can fix this problem. I'm a bit of a noob so srry:P
Darksid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 06:30   Link #26
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

how about follow it instruction of the first post of this thread?
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 07:05   Link #27
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I downloaded the umineko demo recently, but I can't get the file and folder names to display correctly. I've installed Japanese language support and all that according to the first poster, so why the scrambled letters? It means I can't quite unzip it properly
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 18:51   Link #28
ExShinobi
I Am The Wired.

I have used Applocle It works well, Once you figure out how it works.

Much easier than changing the Unicode To Japanese every time you want to play a game.
ExShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 21:25   Link #29
gsaeag

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Some games allow you to play Japanese games with certain settings, others might be quite different. Just to be safe, here are screenshots under the "Regional and Language Options" in Control Panel that it should be set to:

1. Change all regional options to Japanese

2a. Be sure East Asian fonts are installed
2b. Check installed language settings

3. Check Languages on Advanced

Yeah, i think so. this thread will be change the IP into janapase. i think you can creat a VPN for the IP then you can join it, so it can change the IP too for the game. http://www.internetgameservice.com/silkroadgold.php i am sure that.
gsaeag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 09:09   Link #30
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

For anyone who's interested, two years ago I saved Kagami's "The Japanese Gaming Guide to Windows XP" website and rebuilt it with standards compliance in mind with his permission.
Old 2009-01-09, 15:54   Link #31
Rosa Mystica

Need some help! I'm trying to uninstall Umineko but I keep getting this message someone please help! I'm using Vista if that helps
Old 2009-01-25, 02:01   Link #32
naruponk

mmm, It seem my japanese game running while missing some font
naruponk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 13:00   Link #33
maxikki

does overflow games (ex. school days) work on windows xp??
maxikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 01:34   Link #34
Yaluen
銀髪冒險家兼少女殺手

A much better alternative to AppLocale is NTLEA (NT Locale Emulator Advance). More meant for Chinese users, I found it to be extremely useful when having to juggle through three languages at once (Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Japanese. Why can't we all just get along -_-; ). It also works for applications that AppLocale doesn't seem to work for, and is simply much more convenient.

Made a quick download link here. Just simply unpack the file and run the NTLEA.exe contained within.

Choose the language you want your desired program to run in (usually Japanese in this case), and check the box next to "Add to shortcut menu". This will add the options "Execute by NTLEA" (to directly run the program in your previously selected language), and "Execute by NTLEA and Settings" (if you want to change the language before executing the application) in the right click menu. Besides Japanese, it also works for Korean, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese.

Just throwing this out there in case anyone might be interested. Drop me a message if there happens to be any problems (it should run in English unless your language settings is set to Chinese or something). Credits to LOVEHINA-AVC for designing this ingenious program. Not sure if it will work on Vista.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa Mystica View Post
Need some help! I'm trying to uninstall Umineko but I keep getting this message someone please help! I'm using Vista if that helps
I think it's telling you not to run another instance of the same application at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikki View Post
does overflow games (ex. school days) work on windows xp??
Why wouldn't they?
Yaluen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 00:17   Link #35
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Um, how would you do this for Vista? Or is it the same? ^^;

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 18:15   Link #36
DyneTyrreal

Question

I dont know if I just have an old version of Windows XP but the Japanese option in the region local thing your talking about isnt even there. It is unfortunate as well that I dont have the Windows Professional CD-Rom as well since every time I try to install the east asian language thing, a window pops up saying the file for xjnis frm the Windows Professional CD-Rom is needed but like I said, I dont have it. So does any one have a way around this? I would like to play Fate Stay Night but it doesnt seem I can as every time I click on icon a window thats blue with letters written all over appears.
DyneTyrreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 09:50   Link #37
Viperseven

Linux Ubuntu: Hardy heron and above

As this only has Windows XP I tough it would be nice to mention some ways to run Japanese games on Linux.

1. Install Wine (Program that enables you to play many windows programs in Linux enviroment) It should be available in Package manager.

2. Go to system->Administration->Languages selection and find Japanese and check it.
There should already be the languages you have chosen with your Linux installation and english checked so this just adds japanese character support for your system trough installation. Root password requared!

3. Install the game, or copy paste the game folder to place of your choice (for example if you have umineko installed on your windows computer you can copy the whole game folder and move it to your linux system and it will work. Probably doesnt work in all games but worth the try if you cant run installer trough wine)

4. Use terminal and navigate to your games folder and run wine in Japanese mode:

Umineko4 with WH language patch for example:
$ cd Umineko4
$ cd "[WH] Umineko English"
$ LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 wine onscripter-en.exe

Note that many Visual novels are made for windows enviroment and wine can't probably all of them.

Probably works similary in many of the linux distributions.

Had some problems running Umineko no naku Koro NI on my system so I tough id share my findings to ease things for others with similar problems now and in the future. This one worked for my and I hope it works for any 1 else with similar problems.
Viperseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 07:01   Link #38
Lady_Bernkastel

I've got a problem with playing the Umineko games (Windows XP)...
I tried to play EP4 (with the english patch), but it doesn't work - instead it says:
"You either do not have your computer set up to play japanese games, or you are missing some music files"
but the other patched Episodes of Umineko work fine ! So what's the problem?
I changed the options to jap once...then EPs 1-3 worked and then I turned it back (and the games still worked - only EP4 doesn't..).

* About changing the options to japanese.....it's a problem because it uninstalls every other language when I change it to jap....and I don't have the CD required for reinstalling everything....I also can't download the things it uninstalls because my comp will be set to jap... '''XD
What should I do? T_T

Last edited by Lady_Bernkastel; 2009-05-07 at 07:17.
Lady_Bernkastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 19:50   Link #39
magnificentnoodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Bernkastel View Post
I've got a problem with playing the Umineko games (Windows XP)...
I tried to play EP4 (with the english patch), but it doesn't work - instead it says:
"You either do not have your computer set up to play japanese games, or you are missing some music files"
but the other patched Episodes of Umineko work fine ! So what's the problem?
I changed the options to jap once...then EPs 1-3 worked and then I turned it back (and the games still worked - only EP4 doesn't..).

* About changing the options to japanese.....it's a problem because it uninstalls every other language when I change it to jap....and I don't have the CD required for reinstalling everything....I also can't download the things it uninstalls because my comp will be set to jap... '''XD
What should I do? T_T
I found a very interesting work around for this.
I had the exact same problem by the way T_T

Anyways, just 'right click' in the screen and select 'system'.
And then click on 'Title Back' and you'll end up at the title screen

Make sure you do this when the text transition is complete; if that doesn't make sense, just keep right clicking and you'll see it soon enough.

I hope this helps!
By the way, if you just change your 'Non-Unicode' setting to Japanese, it should work perfectly fine.
It won't affect your OS or menus, at least it didn't do anything to mine.
Just go to Control Panel -> Regional/Language Options -> Administrative -> Change System Locale and select Japanese
Make sure you are changing the 'Non-Unicode' setting.

EDIT: Click 'F' to make it full-screen.

Last edited by magnificentnoodles; 2009-08-16 at 20:24. Reason: Found a solution
magnificentnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 11:42   Link #40
Erilin
Eh.

I recently just got a mac, so I'm not sure on how do all of that. Help please?
So very noob ;_;
Erilin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiki candidate