AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-06, 17:27   Link #2781
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It doesn't matter how close to the top they are. Hisoka will still want to kill them (in fact, the closer they are, the more he'll want to), and there's no way that's safe.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 17:39   Link #2782
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Now, Hisoka could easily rank somewhere in the top 50. He's still way out of their league.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 17:48   Link #2783
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Sure it's a big world. From what we've been shown though (no mentioning of details in later arcs of the manga) there are plenty of nen users in the world, but the number who actually train in all the basics is actually pretty low. I have a feeling that most of the people in togashi's world that use nen in some way are doing it with little to no knowledge that they are actually using an energy called nen. People like the "Spiders" and the Zoldyck Family for instance; fully trained nen masters who have no affiliation with the Hunter Org. are extremely rare.

I get the feeling that the number of people outside the Hunter Org. that actually know that nen exists is like way less than 1% of Togashi's world population.

Whether they fall in the top 100 or 200 or whatever (I find no joy in arguing semantics) my point is that after training with Bisky, Gon and Killua are really high up in the ranks of your average nen user. The very small percent of actual masters are really the only ones that are above them. The problem is that they are REALLY far above them. In order to bridge that gap they need actual life and death battle experience (though if I were in charge or raising them I'd probably argue they are a little young for that still). No amount of practice will bring them closer to people like Hisoka for example.
Old 2013-05-06, 17:50   Link #2784
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Perhaps it IS better to qualify their skill, rather than quantify it. Like PureBoy said, the experience gap between them and, say, Hisoka is still unbelievably large.

(Why is Hisoka such an easy example to measure our heroes against anyways?)
Old 2013-05-06, 17:59   Link #2785
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Quote:
Why is Hisoka such an easy example to measure our heroes against anyways?)
I'd say it's because in the confines of this story he is Violence in human form. Who else would you be more concerned with your main hero being able match up to?
Old 2013-05-06, 19:15   Link #2786
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It doesn't matter how close to the top they are. Hisoka will still want to kill them (in fact, the closer they are, the more he'll want to), and there's no way that's safe.
I don't get the feeling Hisoka has any interest in killing Gon for quite a while yet - he's willing to be patient enough to let Gon grow strong enough to be a real challenge, which likely means 5 or 6 years. Plus, I think he probably likes Gon and Killua as much as he "likes" anyone - they provide him with entertainment and a turn-on, and if he killed them too soon he'd be deprived of that. In my view, Hisoka's only real enemy is boredom and it's the only thing he can't defeat.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 07:30   Link #2787
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I don't get the feeling Hisoka has any interest in killing Gon for quite a while yet - he's willing to be patient enough to let Gon grow strong enough to be a real challenge, which likely means 5 or 6 years. Plus, I think he probably likes Gon and Killua as much as he "likes" anyone - they provide him with entertainment and a turn-on, and if he killed them too soon he'd be deprived of that. In my view, Hisoka's only real enemy is boredom and it's the only thing he can't defeat.
I was answering the "if they get in the top 50 strongest people in the world, they'll be safe".

And the thing with Hisoka is, while you're right he wants to fight strong people, he isn't very patient or self-controlled.

He said it himself - he has a tendency to eat his fruits while they're still a bit green. He might regret it later (if he was the kind of guy who regretted anything), but if they catch him at the wrong time, he may well decide to have his fun now.
Old 2013-05-07, 08:00   Link #2788
whitecloud

by the way...the current strongest if i dont mistaken is netero? we never been told the big ten right?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 08:04   Link #2789
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
by the way...the current strongest if i dont mistaken is netero? we never been told the big ten right?
Don't really know about Netero, but he regards Ging as one of the top 5 nen user in the world.
Old 2013-05-07, 09:36   Link #2790
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Netero, is, in fact (officially at least) the strongest. Ging is merely "one of the strongest".
Old 2013-05-07, 14:10   Link #2791
fanimanga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And the thing with Hisoka is, while you're right he wants to fight strong people, he isn't very patient or self-controlled.
Actually, he is. He infiltrated the Spiders for at least 2/3 years for the sole purpose of fighting Chrollo (around the time Silva killed one of the Spiders). Hisoka either got to know the Spiders through Illumi or he got to know about the Zoldycks through the Spiders.

Quote:
He said it himself - he has a tendency to eat his fruits while they're still a bit green. He might regret it later (if he was the kind of guy who regretted anything), but if they catch him at the wrong time, he may well decide to have his fun now.
Hisoka has a lot of control to his desires but once he lost it, no one can stop him until he satiated that desire to kill (Hunter Exam, 4th phase). You can see that he's really stopping himself from killing Gon in the Heaven's Arena (the orgasmic inner monologue demonstrate this) and ended the fight early. Another example is how he stays put unmoving for hours to avoid seeking and killing Kurapika and Leorio off in the Hunter Exam 4th phase.
fanimanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 14:40   Link #2792
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The only reason Hisoka maintains self control is because he knows when to quit.
Old 2013-05-07, 15:11   Link #2793
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Without spoiling can we say that Kurapika's already mastered his Hatsu at this point of the story?
Edit: Nevermind that, we already know that the purpose of his Nen is fulfilled anyway.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 16:32   Link #2794
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Quote:
I was answering the "if they get in the top 50 strongest people in the world, they'll be safe".
Well maybe safe isn't the right word if you really want to nit-pick but if say Gon and Killua were in the top 50 or so they wouldn't be in danger of walking into a situation where they couldn't at least adequately defend themselves.
Old 2013-05-07, 16:38   Link #2795
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

If they were in the top 50, they'd seek out and pick a fight with the top 10. That's the kind of luck they have.
Old 2013-05-11, 06:37   Link #2796
fanimanga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The only reason Hisoka maintains self control is because he knows when to quit.
This is the big difference between a psychopath and a sociopath - control.
fanimanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 02:32   Link #2797
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep79:
Old 2013-05-12, 04:14   Link #2798
ookamigirl

This arc is pretty good so far.
All the human/animal hybrids are intriguing.
It's not good when you consider all the human casualties, but it's interesting from scientific point of view.
So many possibilities, practically infinite number of possible hybrids.
The examinations to enter NGL were over the top.
Well, at least Gon and the others finally arrived.
Those hybrids are acting more and more like humans.
Wonder how long it'll take for them to break the bond with the queen.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 04:23   Link #2799
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The fact that this is considered shounen (well, that H x H is in general to be honest) rather than seinen is proof that demographics are a flexible rather than a rigid classification.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 08:14   Link #2800
Hamster

Pthcxl and bee girl look really cute together.

The cutest love story ever told.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen