AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2012-12-14, 13:08   Link #21
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I can't wait to see what the plot will look like besides the mechas ? What do you expect ?
For me, it could be a highschool sci-fi action with mecha and romance, and I bet the plot will be a mix of Demonbane, Asura Cryin' and Sacred Seven. Given the visuals, I think it's the Sacred Seven team doing it. And I have the feeling this is going to be great, with Shiro Sagisu doing the music.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 18:24   Link #22
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I can't wait to see what the plot will look like besides the mechas ? What do you expect ?
For me, it could be a highschool sci-fi action with mecha and romance, and I bet the plot will be a mix of Demonbane, Asura Cryin' and Sacred Seven. Given the visuals, I think it's the Sacred Seven team doing it. And I have the feeling this is going to be great, with Shiro Sagisu doing the music.
From the title, I am thinking plot will be about rebellion or revolution, hence the liberator part. But Sunrise already did whole rebel thing with Code Geass, so I could see them avoiding it.
Old 2012-12-15, 00:14   Link #23
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Judging from the CG and neon lights I figured it was the T&B studio (studio 8 I believe).
Old 2012-12-15, 00:54   Link #24
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Judging from the CG and neon lights I figured it was the T&B studio (studio 8 I believe).
T&B Studio is Studio 6, their track record is pretty much 4 years of Keroro Gunso into Tiger & Bunny into T&B Movies. Studio 8 is Horizon, Accel World, Long Live.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 03:14   Link #25
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
T&B Studio is Studio 6, their track record is pretty much 4 years of Keroro Gunso into Tiger & Bunny into T&B Movies. Studio 8 is Horizon, Accel World, Long Live.
The Keroro producer from Studio 6 went on to from Bridge right?
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 03:41   Link #26
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
is just me that the main mecha looks like some Begining Gundam variant, with the beam "hologram" projecting from its head & other body parts?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 05:15   Link #27
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
From the title, I am thinking plot will be about rebellion or revolution, hence the liberator part. But Sunrise already did whole rebel thing with Code Geass, so I could see them avoiding it.
Wouldn't it be awesome if it takes place in a countryside and has quantum physics for the mecha ?
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-12-15, 05:29   Link #28
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
is just me that the main mecha looks like some Begining Gundam variant, with the beam "hologram" projecting from its head & other body parts?
Check it out, I see too.
Old 2012-12-19, 10:44   Link #29
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I came across few websites (including /a/ and 2ch) that the mecha designer may be drawn by either Keiichi Sato or Masami Obari (although unconfirmed) yet I can't wait to see on how the characters' key visual will be delivered in the new CM !
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-12-20, 13:00   Link #30
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.valvrave.com/

Main Staff:
Director: Ko Matsuo
Series Composition: Ichirou Ohkouchi
Original Character Design: Katsura Hoshino
Character Design: Tatsuya Suzuki
Mechanical Design: Makoto Ishiwata, Naohiro Washio, Kunio Okawara
Animation Production: Sunrise

New teaser on the site and key visual:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-20, 13:02   Link #31
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Bonus points :

Images
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-12-20, 13:23   Link #32
Jetzero Infinity

So I take it getting mangaka to do character designs for original shows is going to become a trend now. Hoshino's a very good pick though. Her art is pretty amazing.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 13:35   Link #33
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Just watched the PV. The art's very amazing indeed, and I don't mind the CG mecha sequences as long as they look good throughout. The music is great, and it looks like the theme might revolve around revolution and separation. I can't wait it !

The summary is here, but it's in Japanese :
Quote:
宇宙都市の開発によって、総人口の7割が宇宙で暮らす時代が舞台。軍事同盟から発展した「ドルシア軍事盟約 連邦」と、貿易協定を拡大させた「環大西洋合衆国(ARUS=アルス)」の二つの巨大な勢力があり、間にあ る中立の小国「ジオール」は、経済的繁栄を手に入れていた。ジオールで暮らす高校生・時縞ハルトは、ドルシ ア軍の侵攻をきっかけに謎の人型兵器「ヴァルヴレイヴ」と出会う……というストーリー。
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-12-20, 13:56   Link #34
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I'll translate:

Valvrave the Liberator is set in a future where 70 percent of humanity lives in space after the development of Space Capitals. The two major powers in this era are the Dorsia Military Federation formed by military alliances and the Atlantic Ring United States (ARUS) formed through various trade agreements. Between these two superpowers is Diol - a small neutral country which has prospered greatly in these times. This story is about a high school student in Diol named Haruto Tokishima, who encounters the mysterious humanoid weapon Valvrave during an invasion by Dorsia troops.
Old 2012-12-20, 14:30   Link #35
Jetzero Infinity

So a Gundam show with a paint job then eh? Well after what happened with AGE I suppose I can't blame them for pulling that...staff list looks good at least. Though it being an Aniplex title has me worried about what's going to happen if it gets simulcast and Aniplex USA picks it up...
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 15:13   Link #36
ujiuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
New teaser on the site and key visual:
Images
I'm getting some Amuro / Char (Gundam) remix vibes from that picture with an undertone of BL. We could be in for a fun ride.
ujiuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 15:38   Link #37
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I'll translate:

Valvrave the Liberator is set in a future where 70 percent of humanity lives in space after the development of Space Capitals. The two major powers in this era are the Dorsia Military Federation formed by military alliances and the Atlantic Ring United States (ARUS) formed through various trade agreements. Between these two superpowers is Diol - a small neutral country which has prospered greatly in these times. This story is about a high school student in Diol named Haruto Tokishima, who encounters the mysterious humanoid weapon Valvrave during an invasion by Dorsia troops.
Remind me to gundam seed eh

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 18:28   Link #38
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Remind me to gundam seed eh
gundam seed did make money.
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 18:37   Link #39
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAquarion View Post
gundam seed did make money.
well one of the staff try to do Code Geass copy....

Last edited by RRW; 2012-12-20 at 19:15.
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 19:02   Link #40
Xander

The setting and introduction does sound like a typical Gundam setting and introduction.

But, as long as the rest remains unsaid, I'm hoping they will mix things up a bit later on.

There's no shortage of Real or Super Robot shows with very similar premises yet different directions as well as different outcomes.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire