AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-12, 03:25   Link #241
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Exactly, having a tragic past doesn't justify her actions. Nobody is born evil, they become one. Rud had a tragic past, but he's not evil, is he?
Old 2009-09-12, 10:20   Link #242
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Exactly, having a tragic past doesn't justify her actions. Nobody is born evil, they become one. Rud had a tragic past, but he's not evil, is he?
Depends on what your definition of "evil" is >.>.
Old 2009-09-12, 10:36   Link #243
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Ah it does for me since she only "becomes evil" through no fault of her own and is partially responsible for how twisted her personality has become. Now if she had a proper upbringing then things would have been completely different and if she still ended up being "evil" then that is completely her fault but I don't see that as being the case. She had to eat dirt to get to her current position and I can only feel sorry for someone who had to fight for themselves all this time and alone.

And granted she really hasn't done anything bad that classifies her as being a villain either. That role is currently held by fire dragon and Vera has been on the defensive all this time. Someone should give her a break and cut some slack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
One's past, no matter how tragic it is, cannot justify one' present action. Very's still the bad bad, very bad girl (though that just makes her hotter )
Okay, lay off the crack

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-09-12, 13:07   Link #244
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

They're all evil. They're sadistic, brutal,...

D

Just started reading this yeasterday. Awesome. And then i skipped through the volume 8 and 9 raws and now i can't wait to see them scanlated. o.ob

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2009-09-12, 18:27   Link #245
Battler-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Depends on what your definition of "evil" is >.>.
Yup.
Vera's potential must be surely amazing cause of Yuri sealed her powers.

Damn, can't wait for the next chapter......
Old 2009-09-12, 20:54   Link #246
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Like I have always said, Vera is the tragic type and like all tragic types she has a tragic background story that will make the viewers feel sympathy for her...and I am damn weak against those types.

See? She isn't bad at all...just misunderstood and had grown up in this cold harsh world without knowing any love ;___;

Now jump into my chest Vera, it's all right~

And if I don't know any better I think Vera has a thing for Lighting Tiger...I still can't quite believe that he is dead :/
If you think about it, Vera is the way she is now because she was used by Lighting Tiger. She could be living a normal life if he had Completely taken her ability to do martial arts. Instead, he realized that she could be a weapon against his enemy and remove the partial seal she had. That is why she is a monster now.
Old 2009-09-13, 01:02   Link #247
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
If you think about it, Vera is the way she is now because she was used by Lighting Tiger. She could be living a normal life if he had Completely taken her ability to do martial arts. Instead, he realized that she could be a weapon against his enemy and remove the partial seal she had. That is why she is a monster now.
she could still do martial arts just not use any ki so she won't be as powerful heavens riches would be denied to her.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Old 2009-09-13, 01:08   Link #248
Wrath88
Kissing...

That sounds like the Aiki thing. You limit the talent to gain expertise in using what you have left.
Old 2009-09-13, 11:53   Link #249
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
That sounds like the Aiki thing. You limit the talent to gain expertise in using what you have left.
exactly heavens riches is as you seen almost completely reliant on ki and hs no physical skills Vera would have to modify her training regimen if LT had blocked of her ki
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Old 2009-09-13, 15:14   Link #250
Narona
Emotionless White Face

So we got confirmation that Yuri was not a great sister to Vera And that it was Lightning Tiger who "saved" Vera by breaking the seal.

I like Vera much more now, and I understand why she feels sad about LT's death. It was not "admiration" for the man who did beat her, but gratitute for the man who helped her to open her eyes about what kind of person was her sister.
Old 2009-09-13, 15:52   Link #251
Xion Valkyrie

Are there new chapters out or are you guys just talking about stuff from the Korean raws?
Old 2009-09-13, 16:06   Link #252
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I like Vera much more now, and I understand why she feels sad about LT's death. It was not "admiration" for the man who did beat her, but gratitute for the man who helped her to open her eyes about what kind of person was her sister.
I still think there's a lot of admiration in there, the utmost admiration for the first man that dared to go against her almighty sister, no? He lets her know her sister fears of her, and that sister isn't untouchable.
Old 2009-09-13, 16:10   Link #253
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
For some reason I don't think that is possible. And all the more so without any power at all she would be lonely AND powerless to do anything. At least now she has a way of fighting back even if it is on her own. In the end she is still part of the "family" and will have expectations placed onto her especially since Yuri went kaput.

And I think it is both gratitude and admiration

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-09-13, 20:03   Link #254
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
she could still do martial arts just not use any ki so she won't be as powerful heavens riches would be denied to her.
yeah she could, but as we can see, normal martial artist without the ability to use KI are second rate and would never accomplished anything as we have seen in the manga. It is only the people that can use the overpower technique that require KI that dominate the world of Veritas.
Old 2009-09-13, 20:28   Link #255
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I think that so far Yuri seems like the person who fears that her sister Vera might surpass her. Thats why she´s so distant against her.
Old 2009-09-13, 21:16   Link #256
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
yeah she could, but as we can see, normal martial artist without the ability to use KI are second rate and would never accomplished anything as we have seen in the manga. It is only the people that can use the overpower technique that require KI that dominate the world of Veritas.
who knows perhaps there a guy or girl like tenjo tenge bunshishi or masked wrestler guy who can destroy a ki user with physical force and they don't have any ki.

who knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I think that so far Yuri seems like the person who fears that her sister Vera might surpass her. Thats why she´s so distant against her.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Yorae_paladin1; 2009-09-13 at 21:34.
Old 2009-09-18, 01:02   Link #257
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Some of the characters in the background in the later chapters remind me of Psycho Mantis.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-09-18, 05:23   Link #258
Battler-kun

Damn it......the chapter suddenly ended....
Old 2009-09-18, 08:31   Link #259
Wrath88
Kissing...

Possible events of meeting Yuri:
1) He gets powered up
2) Yuri wakes up
3) Both
4) Neither

I'm betting 4)
Old 2009-09-18, 14:47   Link #260
Yorae_paladin1

hope the bitch sleeps forever but we know she will wake up eventually and be gans final opponent

Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, martial arts, shounen, supernatural