AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-13, 15:23   Link #1081
Midonin
Last Engage

The Zetsubou Sensei Best Album was released today with four new tracks.

One of those four happens to be the Lilicure theme from episode 7. Which is awesome.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 11:10   Link #1082
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
ow, I really like the new tracks. Though the last one with Kenji Ootsuki and Kobayashi Yuu made me laugh.
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 19:15   Link #1083
Mister Groonk

i could not resist watching the last ZSZS episode. it's finally over.

and i'm in despair.
Mister Groonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 16:06   Link #1084
Eric10301

Finished this season last night. The first couple episodes were pretty weak but it redeemed itself around ep 6+. I really liked the teachers pet ed. I guess we can all hope for another season of Zetsubou Sensei or I will be left in despair.
Eric10301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 21:56   Link #1085
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

If they return to the battlefield without proper equipment again, I will personally walk over there and demonstrate to them what a Chiri-dojiko with a gun is.

(If they make another unfunny season, I'm shooting randomly at them once I fly to their studio.)
Old 2008-05-16, 22:16   Link #1086
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

There's always the manga for more despair/madness.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-17, 04:44   Link #1087
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
There's always the manga for more despair/madness.
For now the manga got 11 volumes, so with that we will be ( at least) 2 year in despair, waiting for the next book...
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-17, 06:10   Link #1088
The Bloodlust Kid

12 volumes actually with some recent chapters going under serialization.
Old 2008-05-17, 09:18   Link #1089
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Requesting an avvie made of the new-style coloured "despair" sequence that have been appearing in the last episodes. For example, the one that appeared in 04:52-04:54 and 15:42-15:44 of Episode 13.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-17, 10:29   Link #1090
Pachael
原作通り

13 volumes, actually (latest volume released on May 16)
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 01:51   Link #1091
final_agent
Head Prinny

You know...I've been wondering.

But where exactly did the information concerning Kafuka's real name come from anyways? (her last name, not the first one)

And now that I think about it...she's known Nami for quite some time hasn't she?
final_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 14:03   Link #1092
The Bloodlust Kid

The roll call sheet lists an Akagi from time to time. Problem is, there was one scene where they showed an Akagi (basically the name superimposed on the character's face) on someone else.
Old 2008-05-21, 21:29   Link #1093
Pachael
原作通り

Through a series of roster-trawling ('Akagi' does appear on the list) as well as poor Nami's flashback (An-chan, who's most likely a younger Fuura based on just hairstyle - yeah, hairstyle, Kumeta's characters otherwise look the same.)

Somehow putting 'Akagi' and 'An' together gets 'Akagi no An', which is the Japanese name for 'Anne of Green Gables', and refers to the title character Anne Shirley, who's someone who takes much joy in life.

So Kafuka's (?) cheery outlook to everything is reflected in this. Of course, it also reflects that she's the polar opposite (?) of Nozomu, who takes after Ozamu Dazai's negative outlook to everything. (eg 'No Longer Human')

The (?) is of course in reference to Franz Kafka, who's certainly not Anne Shirley by any means. Franz's most well known works are 'The Metamorphosis', 'The Trial', and 'The Castle' (not related to the film), the former of which has already been worked into a gag.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 01:20   Link #1094
Kagedanji

Nozomu even questions if she is Anne of Green Gables.
Old 2008-05-22, 13:17   Link #1095
final_agent
Head Prinny

In one of the pages of the manga, I recall seeing the word "Danger" put right inside Kafuka's roster pic...

And that flashback (Nami's) does show on other thing...Kafuka seems to have been troubled since she was really young...I have to wonder if she's done some things that would scare even Chiri...
final_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 02:22   Link #1096
The Bloodlust Kid

Drew some concept art for the Tarot project I mentioned earlier:

Wanted Nami to have her sock being pulled by Stick Dog (had to do it by memory ). Initially I would have her walk off a cliff (like in the original Fool) but I think it would make more sense if she was walking towards the school's gate. They're both the same thing to her.

Matoi carrying a camera outside of Nozomu's window. Sketched out different views to see what I prefer more. The window either shows Nozomu undressing or him looking outside to see if she's standing outside.

Mayo with a lighter in hand. I intend to have her throne decorated with Maedax's head and a bunch of Emperor Penguins.

Opinions appreciated.
Old 2008-05-25, 03:12   Link #1097
Kagedanji

Mayo won't be Devil? Won't be Death since Zetsumei sensei has custody over that.

And what was Matoi again?
Old 2008-05-25, 03:29   Link #1098
The Bloodlust Kid

Mayo is Devil and Matoi is Lovers. I somehow missed that...
Old 2008-05-26, 01:46   Link #1099
Kagedanji

Why does Mayo get a throne then? I thought you were making her empress with the throne and all, even though Rin should be empress. She needs wings, and Nozomu's house next to that lighter.

Matoi should just be seen stealthily holding onto Nozo's hakama from behind while walking. Looks more like lovers then a paparazzi stalker.
Old 2008-05-26, 14:36   Link #1100
The Bloodlust Kid

Well the throne replaces the Altar in the original Devil card. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil_%28Tarot_card%29
Hence the loose chains.

For Lovers, I was trying to portray her extreme side. Don't know what you mean by holding onto his hakama. You mean like his obi? I might give this one a shot.

Here's the proposed list I have so far:

0. Fool - Nami
I. Magician - Jun (creativity, probably have him sitting next to a table of books and various items laying around)
II. Priestess - Meru. Represents silence and truth, and unfortunately unlike the original card she's not very gentle. I want her to be standing between two cell phone racks with the Yoshinoya rant behind her.
III. Empress - Rin. Trying to figure this one out. At the same time, she could be part of the Queen set.
IV. Emperor - Kei. Inside his painting studio. Still thinking on this.
V. Hierophant - Tokita (tradition and conservatism) He's standing outside the Itoshiki estate with the family doing random things like Nozomu trying to hang himself again and Kei is just poking him with a stick. The other option is to make this one Ikkyu-san.
VI. Lovers - Matoi
VII. Chariot - Kaere. Only because she was the only one left. I could have her being carried on a rickshaw or a portable shrine by both Kaere and Kaede.
VIII. Strength - Abiru pulling on a lion's tail with her hand inside its mouth.
IX. Hermit - Komori
X. Wheel of Fortune - Ikkyu-san, Usui and Manami obversing a giant wheel. Another option is to have the wheel have a mirrior in the middle with Usui looking at a GARsui inside the mirror.
XI. Justice - Chie
XII. Hanged Man - Nozomu hanging himself while reading.
XIII. Death - Mikoto with a skeletal version of himself behind him.
XIV. Temperance - Chiri (at a graveyard?)
XV. Devil - Mayo
XVI. Tower - Majiru and Kuniya (represents disaster through Majiru's trauma and Kuniya's awful fashion sense) falling out of a tower with Kuniya's friends trying to catch them.
XVII. Star - Maria (optimism) Somehow her gathering and spilling water in a river fits her too much.
XVIII. Moon - Harumi and Ai, both represent delusional thinking.
XIX. Sun - Kafuka on a horse wearing a dress with a sunflower theme.
XX. Judgement - A grave site under Pink Gabriel with the angel standing above Nozomu's open grave and he tries to escape Chiri.
XXI. The World - Maedax doing a Dio Brando on Nozomu.

How does that fit?

Tags
comedy, gag, shaft, shounen, social satire