Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-18, 19:39   Link #7421
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Well, had a very bad play session with the KV-2. After 12 battles I couldn't get a single victory, and worse is that my WR dropped a 0.30% because of that... Stupid lemmings and siemas.
I know that feeling. It sux.
Old 2013-06-18, 20:05   Link #7422
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
As they say, the kids are out for the summer, which kind of explains the influx of more than your usual case of pub stupidity. Still, a lot of the time it's near-impossible to actually do something, especially if you're in a tank that will have a hard time carrying.

My advice? Don't force the issue. Again, step back. Do something else. Trying to beat probability will only leave you frustrated even more.
Old 2013-06-18, 20:14   Link #7423
Pen3

I am on a horrible losing streak today i think its time to take a dayoff from WoT.

The only decent game so far....
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 22:18   Link #7424
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

With the recent pub quality, I'm just gonna stick with tanks with huge guns and do tons of alpha damage. As fun as medium tanks are, pubs can't utilize the opportunities you create for them so it's a total waste nowadays. You literally have to personally kill ALL the biggest baddest tanks for them in order to even have a shot at winning. I used to think carrying means doing something so that the team has a significantly easier time at winning. I guess I was wrong. It means that you kill every single enemy tank yourself.

SU-122-44 it is.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 22:37   Link #7425
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
I used to think carrying means doing something so that the team has a significantly easier time at winning. I guess I was wrong. It means that you kill every single enemy tank yourself.
A lot of the time, whenever in a platoon or not, a match often depends on whether or not me or my platoonmates survive through the opening phases of a match. As Kimi's invite from Burdy observed correctly, whenever we get a predicted advantage, it's only because our individual winrates were stacking the percentages (and this guy had a T49 with an 80% win percentage) in our favor. If one of us gets taken out early, the chances to win with a pub team crash drastically.

So, indirectly, we HAVE to perform well, or else the team collapses like a house of cards. This caused me to quip, "this girl's shoulders are too narrow to carry a lot of bad players!"

So yeah, don't get into a rush to put your neck out for a bad pub, unless you're sure that the loss in HP is worth it. Better to be patient, and look out for that turning point to take advantage of.

Or better yet, just stop playing for a while if you're in a bad streak.

P.S. Hey, according to predictions, we should be getting 8.6 on the main servers either later this week, or early next week. It should be... interesting, especially in tier 5 games, where tier 7 artillery can now be encountered.
Old 2013-06-18, 22:42   Link #7426
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Guess that makes sense. Using a TD with great camo enables you to live longer. I did great today in it and won all games.

I'd take tier 7 arty over tier 5 HEAT any day. If you see tier 7 arty then you are bottom tier anyway so you see a lot of tier 7 tanks as well. I just hope that I can finally grind tier 5 tanks for the lines I need to grind without dying uselessly to HEAT or relying on free xp.
Old 2013-06-18, 22:52   Link #7427
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

The doubling of the price of HEAT rounds though means that cash-strapped players like me will have to go back to the 76mm on the M4. Don't think it will affect rich players much though, as they'll continue using HEAT as before. Ugh.

And I don't really understand what the fuss is about having arty in your own tier now. I mean, we had artillery before, it's just now tanks lower on the list than the top artillery will HAVE to play it safe.
Old 2013-06-18, 22:56   Link #7428
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I finally got my T62A, now time to play me alt account from now on. cuz no one has any tier 10s that are willing to plat with me.

so my tier 9 and 10 list goes: E5, T57, E4, T62A, Maus, M103, T54E1, and T30.

I now filled up my 45 tanks slots on my main acct. You will no longer see me on my main acct until late July or end of july when my brother gets back from asia, then i will give him my alt acct.

Meanwhile I'll be alpha testing BF 4.
Old 2013-06-18, 23:00   Link #7429
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The doubling of the price of HEAT rounds though means that cash-strapped players like me will have to go back to the 76mm on the M4. Don't think it will affect rich players much though, as they'll continue using HEAT as before. Ugh.

And I don't really understand what the fuss is about having arty in your own tier now. I mean, we had artillery before, it's just now tanks lower on the list than the top artillery will HAVE to play it safe.
Aren't they also decreasing the penetration so that they are no longer 150? As it stands now HEAT rounds in tier 5 rarely every bounces.

In fact we have similar arty situations now. You know this type of tier 5 game, where each side has 3 tier 4 arties, all being near the top of the list? Just like that. Nothing new here.
Old 2013-06-18, 23:19   Link #7430
Gravitas Free Zone

The penetration will decay after impact, somewhat more like the real world (I said "real world" regarding WoT, ), so it won't do what it does now and bounce around inside the tank obliterating all the modules (which also somewhat happens in the real world).

It will also be much more susceptible to bouncing.

In the test server this meant that long-range HEAT shots had a much greater chance of bouncing off of things at bad angles or if they had sufficient armor values, and when things hit it was a much lower chance of a one-hit-kill.

That said, when it did go through, you'd still be looking at ~350 damage on most things in the Tier 4 to 6 bracket, so derping will still happen often... it'll just be more common from better players and/or people with large reserves of cash, since the ammo at Tier 5 will be around 4000 credits a shell.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch:

Images
This looks somewhat less ridiculous than the Panther IIs that are equipped with the PzIV's derp gun.

Sometimes you're just bouncy enough:
Images
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 23:24   Link #7431
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

LOL Not as ridiculous as having Tigers or VK 3601Hs armed with 105s, Ute.
Old 2013-06-18, 23:36   Link #7432
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
LOL Not as ridiculous as having Tigers or VK 3601Hs armed with 105s, Ute.
Well... you can also put the Tier 5 derpgun on the M46 Patton, which seems like some sort of silly fireworks display at that tier.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 00:00   Link #7433
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Well... you can also put the Tier 5 derpgun on the M46 Patton, which seems like some sort of silly fireworks display at that tier.
Believe it or not, but I *HAVE* seen players with that. And the sad thing is, it REQUIRES the upgraded turret, so they could have spent the free exp on the gun... It's kind of this cute little sad thing

Also closing in on the last lap for the Centurion MK I and AT 8 grind.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 01:10   Link #7434
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

This is pretty amusing, I tell ya... made funnier by the fact that I am still semi-stock and using my crappy 175 pen gun.

Spoiler for More please:

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 02:20   Link #7435
Blaat

Patch day today on the EU servers, which means I have to reinstall all the mods... ugh. Speaking of mods I recently installed XVM stat, that is the most depressing thing ever. How can so many people be that bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Also finally unlocked the first skills for the T49's crew which will come in handy though I'm wishing I picked Sixth Sense for the commander as opposed to mentor which frankly I can't even remember choosing.
When your second skill is at 41% (which shouldn't take that long) drop the skills and take sixth sense which will then be at 100% along with something else.
Quote:
You could always not use gold shells; who knows you might actually earn money.
Old 2013-06-19, 02:30   Link #7436
Sumeragi
Banned

I'm going for the impossible dream of real 51% win rate before I reach 10,000 games. I have to maintain over 60% win rate from now on to do it.

Such is my hell march.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 07:33   Link #7437
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

8.6 just got released today in EU, expect tomorrow to NA get updated.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 09:48   Link #7438
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

German Steel.

Images
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 11:04   Link #7439
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Oh wow, thats so weird. My 60-day WN7 went from 1490 to 1009 after midnight. What the heck?

Old 2013-06-19, 11:17   Link #7440
Sumeragi
Banned

Temporary bug while reconfiguring the average tier to fit things with the artillery changes.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks