AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-10, 06:19   Link #741
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
You know we should have a bet on how many pages this thread will go up to before the damn thing actually airs. My guess is at least 100 lol.
Old 2012-04-10, 06:23   Link #742
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
After my initial scepticism and general condemnation, I have finally warmed up to the idea that regardless of who is doing it, we'll be getting an anime for Little Busters!!!
That's what they said about the Toei Kanon anime. Just keep your expectations low.
Old 2012-04-10, 06:26   Link #743
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

I'd bet that this series will have a subforum even before it airs.

Well, until yesterday I was still pretty much in denial about the studio and staff, but in the end I still give them the benefit of the doubt. I'll still watch it with lowest expectations possible.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2012-04-10, 06:45   Link #744
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That's what they said about the Toei Kanon anime. Just keep your expectations low.
As I think was said before, this is a really senseless parallel. When the original Kanon anime was made, it was a totally different era for anime. Adapting visual novels was virtually unheard of and there was no precedence to draw up on. And as much as they may have maligned the original work, it actually isn't that bad as an alternate retelling. I still enjoyed it back in the day not having had any game experience, and there are even few elements about it that I dare say I liked a tiny bit better as a standalone work. They tried to "make an anime out of the game" rather than "animating the game".

Well, all that to say that here we are 10 years later, and all the people involved have learned a few things. I realize you want to hedge your bets, but to turn the clock back 10 years as if they're likely to go back to that approach after they went through all the trouble of remaking it... it's just silly. There's being cautious, then there's being paranoid.
Old 2012-04-10, 06:45   Link #745
flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Please. You think they would give up a chance to sell these songs to a new audience? Multiple ending themes would be par on course for this.
I don't think that was the case for previous series Air, Kanon 2006, Clannad or AS. I am not sure if J.C. is more flexible in that area. The staff also only announced just 1 ending theme. It is likely they will just use that for the first part. Refrain may get it's own ending though if it is separated into a second season.

I'll keep just my head up and pray for it though.
Old 2012-04-10, 06:57   Link #746
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, all that to say that here we are 10 years later, and all the people involved have learned a few things. I realize you want to hedge your bets, but to turn the clock back 10 years as if they're likely to go back to that approach after they went through all the trouble of remaking it... it's just silly. There's being cautious, then there's being paranoid.
There were people who used Azumanga Daioh as a defence for JC Staff as a good studio. So the use of a ten year history cuts both ways.

The fact is, Kyoto Animation didn't have the baggage of adapting anime "in the bad old days", when it was normal to butcher the source material. They didn't really exist that far back. Slayers, for example, was a classic series loved by many. But if it was made today it would be attacked for going off track from what the novels were about.

JC Staff's problem is that they took a long time adapting to the "new ways" of doing things. They butchered ZnT and Shana because that's what was always done for years, and people didn't use to complain abut it. But now, people expect more.

Anime adaptations are now more than just a silly short term money making scheme, to be cheaply made and abandoned. Now, anime adaptations are about strengthening the combined franchise of novels, spin off manga, anime, ovas, music, toys, and even a movie or two. A series of novels is a basis on which many can count on for employment for years, like Shaft did with the -Monogatari series.

The only question is if JC Staff is up to the task. To do what they are NOT trained to do. To get way from the ghost of the 90's.
Old 2012-04-10, 07:29   Link #747
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

https://twitter.com/#!/_namori_/stat...94153276018688
Namori draw Haruka and Kanata poster in Dengeki Visual Art's 2012 Spring, not anime's official art.
Old 2012-04-10, 07:29   Link #748
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Man,if endless 8 was a thread then it'd be this thread.
It feels like I'm trapped in this loop of the same things being posted over and over again just in a slightly different way each time.

Well I guess I'm not trapped,maybe I'll just take a break from this thread before I breakdown
Old 2012-04-10, 07:41   Link #749
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The only question is if JC Staff is up to the task. To do what they are NOT trained to do. To get way from the ghost of the 90's.
With the kind of uproar that fans in many places are making, they should at least try. Even the president of Visual Arts has already taken notice of the outrage, so I suppose it's not too much to expect some people from J.C. Staff would have also noticed the fans' reactions as well.
Old 2012-04-10, 07:45   Link #750
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Man,if endless 8 was a thread then it'd be this thread.
It feels like I'm trapped in this loop of the same things being posted over and over again just in a slightly different way each time.

Well I guess I'm not trapped,maybe I'll just take a break from this thread before I breakdown
You just blew my mind. And you're a chicken if you take a break. This thread is quality lols.
Old 2012-04-10, 07:47   Link #751
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

If we combined the Little Busters and the Hyouka thread together, we would currently have 59 pages of unadulterated rage. Take that MyAnimeList!
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2012-04-10, 07:50   Link #752
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
If we combined the Little Busters and the Hyouka thread together, we would currently have 59 pages of unadulterated rage. Take that MyAnimeList!
Page count depends on what setting you have it set to. 40 posts per page sets this at Page 19 right now.
Old 2012-04-10, 09:02   Link #753
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Just saw that Michiru Shimada also did series composition on Nanatsuiro Drops, a visual novel adaption. That might be why she was chosen.
Old 2012-04-10, 10:19   Link #754
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
1) Same voice actors from the game, check.
2) Same OP and ED from the game, check.
3) Key approved them, check.

It's a good sign (never got to install Little Busters).
Old 2012-04-10, 11:22   Link #755
Shiina
ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!!

No one mentioned that Haruko Iizuka is credited as chief animation director on the official website now? With a budget we might be able to get iM@S levels of animation here, without a budget we'll still be assured of consistent quality character art.
And not a surprise, but Shimada is credited for both series composition and script. Someone on 2ch claims that a Dengeki VA interview said "Shimada played through LB with his daughter(<-?!) and after completing the game, extracted the 4.7mb text file and reread everything to catch all the things he missed the first time around." That's a good sign if it's true.

So... how was the Nanatsuiro Drops anime compared to the VN? I don't remember watching past the first episode of that one.
Old 2012-04-10, 11:48   Link #756
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEndless9 View Post
The anime is confirmed to have the opening "Little Busters!" and the ending "Alicemagic": http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/diary/
...Bugger. Just like how others were all like "I'd take any studio except DEEN or JC Staff!", I was always thinking "I'd accept any ending-theme from the game except Alicemagic!"... while at the same time thinking how it seemed far too likely that they would indeed use that one. Well, I'm hoping it won't be the ending for the entire series, at least... While I'm still thankfully rather oblivious to how the story of LB! actually plays out, I can easily see that song being just as big a mood-killer as Kaze no Tadoritsuku Basho and Torch were. Song for Friends (or even Amenochi Hare, though I have trouble seeing how they could cut that song down to 90 seconds without making it ungodly boring in the process) would be much more fitting.
Old 2012-04-10, 11:58   Link #757
Shiina
ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!!

I think Alicemagic is fine. It's not like they confirmed that it'll be used for the entire anime. Song for Friends doesn't fit the mood of the common route of the game/the beginning of the anime, while Alicemagic is great for it. Personally I'd like to see:

1st season:
OP: Little Busters!
ED: Alicemagic

Hopeful 2nd season:
OP: something new?
ED: Song for Friends
Old 2012-04-10, 12:00   Link #758
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

sayas song as ending for season 2^^
Old 2012-04-10, 12:04   Link #759
Kamiorika

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
sayas song as ending for season 2^^
No. Song for Friends. They should only play Saya's Song at the end of her route if they animate it.
Old 2012-04-10, 12:04   Link #760
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Can someone run down the challenges of making a Little Busters anime again? I forgot the name of the thread where I first read an in-depth explanation of the challenges.

Tags
anime game, little busters