Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-08-31, 11:47   Link #61
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
IMHO an RPG with a focus on guns better do gunplay good, since the majority of the combat sections will be reliant on your guns - I mean, Mass Effect (especially ME3, which imho has the best gunplay of the franchise) is an RPG that nonetheless also has good firearm-centric combat. CDPR are good at RPG elements, but even in the Witcher series their actual combat gameplay does leave much to be desired, and I'm hoping they can break free of that with CP2077.
I think the ME series gradually became more of a shooter with RPG elements as the sequels released. Maybe 2077 can be better compared with the Deux Ex series, especially with the recent games Human Revolution and Mankind Divided. I've played all of HR and a not enough of MD to make an opinion, but the gunplay in HR wasn't bad. I mostly played more non-lethal and stealthily in HR so I didn't rely too much on lethal weapons, but I thought the gunplay was good. I wonder how Cyberpunk will implement things for more non-lethal gameplay.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-03, 06:37   Link #62
FFTHEWINNER

the fact that it is in first person is annoying,but i did enjoy deus ex so i am still interested. will probably get it later on when it is cheaper though.
FFTHEWINNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-03, 10:34   Link #63
Golden Lily

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Lily View Post
Judging by how frequently CPR said it's still not a final product, makes me think they went out with this just to show anything.
Spoiler:

Basically the game is still largely in development and nothing we've seen in this gameplay is certain.
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-04, 08:07   Link #64
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

More RPG? Sounds more like the original Deus Ex or System Shock. Anyway, the aesthetic and setting is the main appeal for me since we don't get a lot of big budget cyberpunk stuff so unless they royally mess up the game, i would still get it just to experience something novel.
Old 2019-06-09, 16:55   Link #65
Golden Lily

YouTube

John Wick is truly immortal
Old 2019-06-10, 11:04   Link #66
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

And Keanu is playing Johnny Sliverhand, a rebellious rocker from the original Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop game.
Old 2019-06-10, 14:16   Link #67
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
And Keanu is playing Johnny Sliverhand, a rebellious rocker from the original Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop game.
Which choice could be seen as a bit of a nod to his stints as Ted 'Theodore' Logan... a rocker who ended up being a catalyst for change.

As for the game itself... it's now available for preorder on GOG, complete with bonus material you'd expect to be reserved for a special edition. "So," comes the obvious question, "what's in the special edition?" Behold...

YouTube
Standard edition unboxing

YouTube
Collector's edition unboxing

GameStop entries (PS4 entries, but content would be identical among all three platforms):
Note that according to this IGN article all physical edition preorders get:

Physical Items:
  • Case with game discs;
  • World Compendium detailing the game's setting and lore;
  • Postcards from Night City;
  • Map of Night City
  • Stickers
Digital Items:
  • Game soundtrack;
  • Art booklet featuring a selection of art from the game;
  • Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook;
  • Wallpapers for desktop and mobile

Last edited by Firefly00; 2019-06-10 at 17:43. Reason: Official unboxing videos and content information added
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-11, 11:14   Link #68
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well damm. Look at all of those cool stuff you get.

And here's the video that made the internet went nuts.

YouTube
Old 2019-09-01, 21:29   Link #69
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Deep Dive video

YouTube

Q&A panel with developers

YouTube
Old 2019-09-04, 20:36   Link #70
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Lookin pretty good!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-12, 10:10   Link #71
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

BTS of the Cyberpunk 2077 E3 2019 Trailer

YouTube
Old 2020-12-07, 12:33   Link #72
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Cyberpunk 2077 review.

YouTube
Old 2020-12-08, 04:46   Link #73
SidVicious
Anime addict

Preloading now on the PS4 Pro...102GB.
Old 2020-12-08, 05:17   Link #74
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

58Gb on PC.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-10, 22:38   Link #75
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
58Gb on PC.
And people still ask these days why anything less than terabytes of storage is unacceptable (Drop faster SSD prices....still too slow!)
Old 2020-12-11, 00:02   Link #76
videoman190

Playing it right now. To be honest I wish this game is not FPS only the only other game was SUPERHOT. I will give it a shot because it has other things that other games just don't have.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-11, 01:10   Link #77
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I have to say the game looks absolutely gorgeous if you have a ray tracing capable card/console, further improved if DLSS capable, especially at night time.

In fact while the game does chug quite a bit at some parts, the game both looks and runs better at night than during the day, probably from all those god rays from sunlight. Guess it's not called Night City for nothing, to the point where I play the game almost exclusively during night.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-12, 07:16   Link #78
Golden Lily

So I hear this game is downright unplayable on PS4, but does it refer to only regular version or Pro too?
Old 2020-12-13, 12:28   Link #79
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Lily View Post
So I hear this game is downright unplayable on PS4, but does it refer to only regular version or Pro too?
I've heard about this, even with xbox. Not sure about PS5. It seems that that the limited pre-release reviews for the game were to PC reviewers and no console reviewers. The company seems to be under fire because of how horrible the performance is on console. Not to mention, the game looks utterly disgusting on low settings. They say they should have delayed the game until next year, but like other companies, they pushed it out fast. On the other hand, I have it on PC. I only have an i5 and 16 gigs ram with a 2080 and it runs decent. The game looks beautiful with raytracing on, but my old parts are holding me back. I can only play the game on 1080p with RT off, but the game still looks pretty good. Frames I pull are about 60 for the most part, sometimes it dips 30-40s depending in parts of the open city but its good overall. With RT on, I hover 30-40's and it's pretty noticeable.

Enjoying the game and the open worldness. Most of the side missions are your typical kills this, pick up this, or rescue this person. Best part being open world is you can do it any way you want. I do have to say that if you are playing the game on a stealth route, it's a bit more difficult as you have to really take your time move from place to place, making distractions, etc (I gave up on the stealth route). Or you can go in just guns blazing like me, except I'm melee/blade.

Biggest tip/info to give is regarding the level up system and perk levels (skill trees) for those that don't know how it works: (Edited AGAIN)
-Every character level you get 1 point to level up a SKILL tree (i.e. Reflexes, Cool, Intelligence, etc) and you also get 1 perk point to level up an actual perk.
-When you open up a perk tree, down to the left is a level gauge which tells you your reward for level up that perk
-some give you +1 perk points, others increase damage, etc, so this is how you get more perk points

Hope this helped. I didn't understand this until literally like 5+ hours in the game because I was wondering how to get more perk points. Essentially, you can keep getting more perk points by using skills and weapons for other trees and leveling them up.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”

Last edited by barcode120x; 2020-12-16 at 13:57.
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-24, 16:47   Link #80
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Not sure if anyone else is seeing it but...

After talking to Panam for a while, her outfit suddenly seemed rather familiar. Long story short, it looks similar to Makoto's outfit in Netflix Ghost in the Shell reboot.

While it's not the exact same outfit, for example the coloring is different, yet there are several rather striking similarities to the one from the Netflix series, making me wonder if Panam's outfit might have been inspired by it.

Oh and yeah - in the Netflix series, they are basically hunting Cyberpsychos.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cyberpunk, rpg