AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2012-06-08, 06:32   Link #481
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by michino View Post
ok i forgot about the 5th level 5...by the way, just asking, why accelerator doesn't like misaka, they did not even meet each other after the experiment stoped, and shouldn't accelerator felt sorry for her, given that he done so much for last order
They do but it is still a few books from what has been animated and I'm not sure he dislikes her more then just about everyone else.
Spoiler for stuff:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 06:34   Link #482
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
ok i forgot about the 5th level 5...by the way, just asking, why accelerator doesn't like misaka, they did not even meet each other after the experiment stoped, and shouldn't accelerator felt sorry for her, given that he done so much for last order
this might be getting a bit off topic but Accelerator and Mikoto is a bit ambiguous they both dislike(Hate) each other for various thing..., which i shouldn't go to since that will get off topic
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 08:18   Link #483
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

To take from New Testament 3, Accelerator feels that he needs to make up to the clones for what he has done- but he doesn't feel obligated to Mikoto because of her involvement in the Experiment.

Quote:
“I intend to repay my debt to the clones, but I have no intention of apologizing to you. You aren’t conveniently forgetting that you too were one of the ones responsible for that experiment, are you?”

“I of course intend to make up for that, but it pisses me off to hear it from the poster boy of the experiment.”

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-07-09 at 16:26. Reason: Just noticed a typo
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 02:15   Link #484
Destined_Fate

If they end it all with Mikoto getting with someone years from now(Our time since ending it now would be a poor business choice), say Touma since he's the only real choice since all the others in love with Mikoto are one-sided towards her, would Kuroko be able to put aside her perversion and rape, at least the anime had many instances where she tried to drug and force herself on Mikoto despite her saying no, fantasies about Mikoto or would she attempt to hijack Mikoto's happiness because she's overly jealous in her one-sided affections? I mean she did say she would kill Touma more than once and has abused him when he was innocent.

From what I've seen from the other sources she isn't "that" bad compared to her anime self but she still doesn't understand what no means.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 02:23   Link #485
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
If they end it all with Mikoto getting with someone years from now(Our time since ending it now would be a poor business choice), say Touma since he's the only real choice since all the others in love with Mikoto are one-sided towards her, would Kuroko be able to put aside her perversion and rape, at least the anime had many instances where she tried to drug and force herself on Mikoto despite her saying no, fantasies about Mikoto or would she attempt to hijack Mikoto's happiness because she's overly jealous in her one-sided affections? I mean she did say she would kill Touma more than once and has abused him when he was innocent.

From what I've seen from the other sources she isn't "that" bad compared to her anime self but she still doesn't understand what no means.
I think they are just overstatments that are supposed to be for comedic value. When it all comes down to it, Kuroko will just get serious and let it happen "for Oneesamas happiness" or just won't get a say at all.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 02:45   Link #486
Destined_Fate

Comedic or not, some of the things she did do were borderline, well not really they were, rape attempts. Like when Mikoto was unable to use her abilities after taking out the fetus Kuroko tried to force herself on her despite her saying no(But thankfully she failed there and was later punished in the same episode) and being unable to fight back and her obsessive stalking. Her obsession was pretty frightening, especially when she started seeing Mikoto's obvious affection for Touma and started trying to sabotage things, and attacking Touma, whenever they were spending time together.
Old 2012-07-01, 16:51   Link #487
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I guess it might not be long before Kuroko lands at the wrong end of Mikoto's anger when Kuroko attemps to attack Touma one time too many during dates.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 22:10   Link #488
Destined_Fate

What could Mikoto do that would finally set Kuroko straight? Getting shocked constantly and being told no hasn't really worked.
Old 2012-07-01, 23:45   Link #489
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
What could Mikoto do that would finally set Kuroko straight? Getting shocked constantly and being told no hasn't really worked.
Perhaps involve the Dorm Manager and her... particular disciplinarian measures. That's probably the only thing scaring the crap out of Kuroko night in night out.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 09:36   Link #490
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Jeez you people have no faith in Kuroko to let the comedic scenes stay comedic do you. I mean I can see the anime version becoming a psychopath but as far as I've read for the manga Kuroko knows where she stands. If anything Kuroko's dramatic moment will be when she stops "pursuing" Mikoto 'cause that'd be the real punishment for her depending on how much she actually likes her.

tl;dr: Kuroko's awesome. Don't be hatin.'
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 13:34   Link #491
leukrota

Well, Kuroko was indeed awesome when fighting against Awaki... The problem is, most of the time her obsession displays the worst of her.

Quote:
The true reason as to why Accelerator can't get along with Mikoto is that he sees her as a love rival
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 21:19   Link #492
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Well, Kuroko was indeed awesome when fighting against Awaki:
I have to disagree here. If she was awesome she would have won the fight easily, she could win any fight easily. She had the drop on Awaki yet she didn't just teleport in front of her and hit her in the throat or something similar. Teleportation+sneak attack should equal automatic victory but she was too busy gloating and lecturing.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 21:33   Link #493
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
I have to disagree here. If she was awesome she would have won the fight easily, she could win any fight easily. She had the drop on Awaki yet she didn't just teleport in front of her and hit her in the throat or something similar. Teleportation+sneak attack should equal automatic victory but she was too busy gloating and lecturing.
Erm no, the whole point was to make it a fair duel- that's why she gave Awaki the exact same injury and even toss her first aid.

And awesome does not mean it has to be a straight up omgpwnwin- from a viewer perspective a fight that ends quickly is one of the worst.
Old 2013-03-21, 21:36   Link #494
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Erm no, the whole point was to make it a fair duel- that's why she gave Awaki the exact same injury and even toss her first aid.

And awesome does not mean it has to be a straight up omgpwnwin- from a viewer perspective a fight that ends quickly is one of the worst.
I agree with that point but the spirit of my disapproval was not in the fight but rather in Kuroko. Teleportation is such an amazing power and they seriously underestimate it. Even if she gave up the element of surprise she still could have won easily because she can teleport quicker than Awaki can which allows her a massive amount of mobility and lethality that she doesn't utilize.
Old 2013-03-21, 21:38   Link #495
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I agree with that point but the spirit of my disapproval was not in the fight but rather in Kuroko. Teleportation is such an amazing power and they seriously underestimate it. Even if she gave up the element of surprise she still could have won easily because she can teleport quicker than Awaki can which allows her a massive amount of mobility and lethality that she doesn't utilize.
Awaki isn't exactly slow either.
Old 2013-03-21, 21:41   Link #496
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Awaki isn't exactly slow either.
But she's slower than Kuroko.

By the way, about that fight. Do you know why do the windows shatter when Awaki loses control?
Old 2013-03-21, 21:47   Link #497
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
But she's slower than Kuroko.
Only in theory, but that could be compensated by having a better brain that makes faster calculations to offset the difference.

Quote:
By the way, about that fight. Do you know why do the windows shatter when Awaki loses control?
She teleported everything everywhere, those things smash into each other.
Old 2013-03-21, 21:57   Link #498
tsunade666

how the heck could Awaki be slower than Kuroko if Awaki is the stronger teleporter? the only thing that gives Kuroko an advantage there is the pain Awaki is feeling from the sneak attack. That gives problem on concentrating on what to teleport which leads on her defeat and going wild. Kuroko already patch up the wound though it still hurts but Awaki has problem with pain. She has trauma on it which cause the development of her ability to be stuck at that level.
Old 2013-03-21, 22:00   Link #499
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

She is theoretically slower because her calculations are more complex, but as I've just mentioned this wouldn't really mean much if she can calculate faster than Kuroko to offset the inherit difference.

Even IF she is slower, it's obviously not by a lot as we can see.
Old 2013-03-21, 22:25   Link #500
tsunade666

its just within split second or nano second.

Kuroko is faster because she has shorter range and lighter limit which is unlike Awaki. But that won't be much a problem because they are teleporters. So speed isn't much a problem if its split second attack.