AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Asatte no Houkou

Notices

Old 2006-10-12, 17:17   Link #121
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian View Post
I guess we are the only two people in this world who share this opinion :^D (Thank god it didn't turn out like F/SN, but I digess).

I hope the author uses the transformation only as a plot device to bring out the themes- conflicts between ourselve, family members and etc. .

Please don't spends 13 episodes whoring one specific plot device and ends up missing the themes(like...Onegai Twins for example).
Your not the only one i love how Tsukihime turned out. I too share the same fears of sticking to the one plot device therefore not adquetly deveoping the charcters. So much potential behind the premise i just hope they dont ruin it with crap like oh im bigger now i love my Onii-chan even more oh no i think i have feelings for sister now that shes become adult. I didnt mention before but i love the animation there were a couple of panaramic scenes that were done beautifully. I hope they dont change it mid way
Old 2006-10-12, 21:52   Link #122
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian View Post
I guess we are the only two people in this world who share this opinion
Nope, you're not - i know plenty of fans that enjoyed the Tsukihime anime, me included.

Anyway, both Tsukihime & Asatte no Hokou both come from different backgrounds, so its easily to say that it won't be following the same path of the bad adaptation of Tsukihime.
Old 2006-10-12, 22:34   Link #123
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Count me too as another one who liked the Tsukihime anime. Which comes to mind, is there anyone who played the game that actually liked the anime? It was one of those anime in which it seems that the game players were more dissatisfied than non-gamers because of details missed out, just like Higurashi last season... but I digress.

For this though, the first episode didn't impress me as much as say, Kanon or Crescent Love. The show has potential though, since first impressions aren't always right (Zero no Tsukaima for example), and the plot twist at the end of the episode leads to a lot of interesting possiblities. Now the only question is if they'll fulfill those possiblilities; I guess we can only wait and see.

That said, it's another score for Lunar to me. Their taste in anime really jives with mine, and so they're still my favorite group.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 23:23   Link #124
dxgarten

Episode 02 screencaps and summary

Spoiler:
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 02:19   Link #125
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Loved episode 2. Garten's review is right on. The story moves slowly, but every minute is used to help us feel what is going on inside the characters. The sound effects and the piano music are just wonderful.
Spoiler:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 20:41   Link #126
Srin Tuar
無謀

Spoiler for ep2:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 23:15   Link #127
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Yes, I agree. Ep. 2 is a bit slow, but it coveys the emotions well. I am a bit surprised that

Spoiler for ep2:
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 00:06   Link #128
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Fairly slow pace this episode, a lot fewer developments than I expected. Somehow though it felt too short, I was shocked when the ED started....
Exactly how I felt. I looked down at the slider and thought: how can we be that far along?
Spoiler for ep2:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 09:55   Link #129
AisuruMirai
箱者

I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, so I wanted to inform those who are unfamiliar with kanji that the "kanou" () that constitutes the first half of "Kanouchou" (叶町), the name of the town, means "grant" or "answer", as in "grant a wish" (negai wo kanaete/願いを叶えて). "Chou" () simply means "town".

Spoiler for episode 2:

Yes, I must watch it again.

では、
アイスル未来

Last edited by AisuruMirai; 2006-10-14 at 12:45. Reason: I got the name of the town wrong the 1st time. It's not "Kanamachi".
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 10:09   Link #130
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I think this is loads better than Kanon ... but that's personal opinion so please don't kill me.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 10:41   Link #131
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool View Post
moe~ ^_^

Though a picture is a thousand words, I have not come to expect anything from anime these days. Who knows, it could be a post-apocalyptic sci-fi space opera. General recipe: just add hot cute girls, stir, and simmer.
I knew someone was gonna say that. I was sorta expection Jojo or you Dafool.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2006-10-14 at 10:41. Reason: don't forget your exclamation points
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 11:04   Link #132
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
I think this is loads better than Kanon ... but that's personal opinion so please don't kill me.
Agreed....

Well at least it looks like the thoughts about the show taking a dive are unfounded apparently...

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 13:29   Link #133
sevenheaven7

is this a romance anime?
sevenheaven7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 14:42   Link #134
Theowne
耳をすませば

And episode 2 is out! With 0 seeders and 0 leechers accordingto animesuki

Quote:
s this a romance anime?
Who knows, but judging from episode 1 there are romance elements in it.

Old 2006-10-15, 14:53   Link #135
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
And episode 2 is out! With 0 seeders and 0 leechers accordingto animesuki
Thankgod animesuki isn't telling the truth then. :3
Old 2006-10-15, 15:46   Link #136
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Thankgod animesuki isn't telling the truth then. :3
The numbers changed to 400/1835. Within hours of appearing on animesuki. Looks like this show has found an audience.

Old 2006-10-15, 17:38   Link #137
Vulcannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
But I don't see Shouko as fine with the transformation, necessarily. I see her as still depressed and unexpressive. Just making her way from moment to moment, just happy that she hasn't broken down.
I think you nailed it. Even before the transformation she seemed to be running on autopilot... her attempt to start over brought crashing down in the most abrupt way possible by being confronted with both her ex and the reason for her ex leaving her (Karada.) She's broken and overwhelmed but dealing with it by shutting herself off as much as possible and putting up a facade. Her "in a childish way" remark would be a crack in it, her raw emotions slipping through. Now after the transformation, dealing with Karada's so far been a good focus for her to keep steady.

I can totally relate to her, no wonder I liked the character rather than get angry for the bow remark like some bloggers did.
Quote:
But we still don't know what she prayed for: maybe this is exactly what she wished for. Even in that case, though, like Karada, she probably got more than what she expected.
Well judging from the preview it sound like she was wishing for something more along the lines of "starting over." I guess the stone was a little more literal than she was expecting.
Quote:
I agree that it is a little improbable that Hiro would not by now have gone to the police.
I've found this to be a common theme with anime. I wonder if it's just for story effect, or do the Japanese actually wait longer than North American's in such situations?
Vulcannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 19:25   Link #138
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Well, in a way I was right. I expected more than I got from the second episode. I usually don't mind slow pace but with the show being 12 (13?) episodes long it can be a problem.

Quote:
But I don't see Shouko as fine with the transformation, necessarily. I see her as still depressed and unexpressive. Just making her way from moment to moment, just happy that she hasn't broken down.
I agree. Her way to deal with the big problem - being turned into a kid was to turn her attention to the smaller problems like food, clothes, etc and use the the time to think things through. She wasn't calm in the sense of " I can't care less that I was turned into a kid", it seemed more like "I am keeping this facade because there is nothing I can do about this right now".

The preview says she did not pray for what she got, if this was some stupid comedy I'd bet she had prayed Hiro would love her again and since he would secretly love lolies that would have been the reason for her turning into a child. Well, it's not a comedy, so I hope this shot in the dark is very, very wrong.

Quote:
I can totally relate to her, no wonder I liked the character rather than get angry for the bow remark like some bloggers did.
Bow remark?

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 19:47   Link #139
i0td

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxgarten View Post
but at least the series didn't turn into slapstic comedy.
I loved the second episode. Less the transformation, the series so far has portrayed nothing but realistic character and plot development. Slow paced story-wise like I was hoping it to be (slower though than I expected it to be), but really a lot more than meets the eye. I am glad too then that the series didn't venture to make any outrageously comical bits that are all too potential when it comes to such a transformation. Instead, the focus here is on real character emotions and reactions, and for that, I am thankful.
i0td is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 20:35   Link #140
Vulcannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Bow remark?
When Karada put the bows in her hair and Shouko said they "looked really good... in a childish way." Twas a mean comment, but I see it more as a slip in her facade than an indicator of her being a bad person. I don't think she really knew what to do back in the first episode... why else would she agree to go to the beach with them? She was just going with the flow while she tried to figure out how to handle everything. Then the wish came along...
Vulcannis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, slice of life, supernatural