AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-01-04, 04:22   Link #49981
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Really? I'm pretty sure the energy weapons in IS have all been straight fire. The beam smart rifle kinda functions differently right?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 04:24   Link #49982
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

We're talking about BITs function
Old 2014-01-04, 04:25   Link #49983
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Are you talking about flexible? That's kind of different from a 20 degree automated aim adjusting barrel isn't it?

Also the flexibility of the beam smart rifle comes from how it manages its beam output as well as firing trigger mechanism.

So it's the remote weapons you have a problem with? But INCOMs are far more cumbersome due to a required connection with the original body. I still need to figure out what their actual function is as I don't want them to just be extra beam rifles and reflectors.
Old 2014-01-04, 04:32   Link #49984
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

You want changeaable path beam? Using the Li Brasta B from SRW Z2 with its dimension plate.

Beam Dispenser is simply cloud that reduce Beam power. Ask Wavehawk here about TSF Anti-Laser Chaff.

The cans with holes on them are INCOMs. Wire-Control Bit. Natural-Friendly.

And Ex-S "legs"? Aerodynamic would be an even bigger problem. Imagine Cecil shot down by her own BIT.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 04:33   Link #49985
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Well, BITs never been that powerful, even Silent Zephyr's

You can always use that technology as basis, simplify it (because face it, beam that act like a freaking snake is scary and complex) and put Tim Taylor hat and scream "MOAR POWAH"

@ Miner
Maybe you mean anti-beam chaff dispenser then

and I know about Anti-laser munition, or how LOLWUT their portrayal is.

Also, I.S. laugh at your puny aerodynamics (to degree, this is a plot point in most of my fic)
Old 2014-01-04, 04:47   Link #49986
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think I just broke something in my brain...

The third bullet of Ichika's wildcore adapter...

1st phase: understanding
- Gives Ichika capacity to "see" through the eyes of others. Through systems and the neural pathways of the human brain. He can't take control of them but he can "hack in" enough to share their perceptions.

2nd phase: Resonance
- Ichika obtains a full armed unit with 37 INCOM units scattered across the external frame. They act mainly as defensive deflectors, but they also function as "projectors" allowing the INCOM to channel the same form and mass as the main body, gaining access to all weapons and abilities.

3rd phase: flexibility
- the stage of the third bullet where he obtains the beam smart rifle. Extremely powerful and highly customizable. Due to its composite nature and modular design, it is structurally less sound than other weapons like the Starlight Mk. III. However each section can easily be replaced with new or specialized parts.
Old 2014-01-04, 05:25   Link #49987
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Starlight Mk.I: Really High Caliber Snipper

Starlight Mk.II: Electromagnetic Railgun

Starlight Mk.III: Plasma Gun

Starlight Mk.IV: Colony Laser

Old 2014-01-04, 05:38   Link #49988
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think I'll just make the INCOMs particle dispersers. They can link with the beam smart rifle to give it maximum power. Which is not a pretty sight. Simply put, Setsura shield or not, you ain't stopping this.

Not sure what to call the particles yet, however they carry rather supernatural functions. Connecting thoughts via transmission of bioelectricity. capacity for stabilization and solidification into any other state of matter. Can be programmed to simulate the properties of other particles.
Old 2014-01-04, 06:07   Link #49989
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Psion? Tachyon? Sethon (Seth)? Thoron (Thor)?
Old 2014-01-04, 06:13   Link #49990
demino_hellsin
That one guy

How does Eons sound?
Old 2014-01-04, 06:31   Link #49991
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

That's fine, too!
Old 2014-01-04, 09:50   Link #49992
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Houki learnt how to use Bow from Cecilia

Ichika learnt how to use Scythe from Rin

Charlotte learnt how to cast Light from Kanzashi

Dan learnt how to use Solar Gun from Charlotte

Laura learnt how to use Zweihandler from Ichika

Ichika learnt how to cast Light from Kanzashi

Madoka learnt stealth from Laura

Madoka learnt how to use lance from Tatenashi

Cecilia learnt how to use knife from Laura
Old 2014-01-04, 10:51   Link #49993
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Still at it with the lunar knights thing?
Old 2014-01-04, 11:06   Link #49994
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Yup! Writing chapter 1 with Ichika returning to the mainland to free Ran - she and Dan smuggled people to the island. And in turn, he met a half-Fangire Cecilia who, expectedly, got addicted to Ichika's blood at the first taste.

Say, I want to ask why is INCOM? I mean, even Ali in 00 could use Fangs withou talent or Haro. Not to mention the Wild Cores are sentinel.
Old 2014-01-04, 11:11   Link #49995
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Icchan glanced upon her blog with utter ridiculousness.

"What the heck?"

On one of the comment post, a photo is attached. Precisely, a photo of her and the other Ichika wrestling Dan into submission. Dan already told her there's probably a snapshot or two, considering how rabid Wolfie fangilrs can be.

But there's plenty enough, and the result is a massive media explosion.

Her fear came true when Dan called and told her to watch the Tv.

"[Damn them newshound]" he cursed, "[man what? I can't even grasp it fully, wait-BEEP]"

The call ended abruptly, she was sure his workplace would be just as chaotic. Rumor spread easily like a wildfire, after all.

Most of the focus was, strangely enough, has HER.

He could, to a degree, understood the fangirls fascination with Dan. He's not, by any means, ugly. No, he's brilliantly handsome, and really charming when he's not being an idiot.

Most of the photo also caught Ikkun onscreen, though apparently he's just seen as random ikemen #2 than anything else.

She unleashed her brain limiter... and did the math.

"You gotta be kidding"

Under the photo, a bright red tagline is typed in all caps, made it impossible to be missed [LOVE TRIANGLE?]

"Crap will surely hits the fan" she muttered, not that she mind, but Dan being an idol has his very career at stake.

"Well, that ended rather badly" Ikkun commented, she's so engrossed with the show that she failed to realize he's coming "It always love triangle these days"

"Man, I'm really worried about Dan"

"Well that's unfortunate" he handed her the tablet, various photos were shown, from the pool, festival, and Dan's family restaurant of all things... with Ikkun's face marked with a circle "They wonder about this 'strange dude' who appear alongside cadet reps all the time, Media surely will caught up"

She sighed heavily in response "Time to open mouth and insert foot, I guess"

"You read my mind, we shouldn't say anything"

"No, you're going to barge into the press conference and insert both feet to the mouth"

Of course, they twitched in response as Chifuyu stood there with mischievous smile, it's rather apparent that she's half-drunk, which made her strange talk a lot more acceptable.

But even then, the Ichikas can only drop their jaw "How does that even work?"
strange plot is strange
Old 2014-01-04, 11:17   Link #49996
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Just waiting for the two Chifuyu to jump in and make it a Pentagon Love. Or better, as Babylon put it, just Supercharging twin Ichika for a Infinitygon!

Hey, has ever the though of Yuri pop in your head?
Old 2014-01-04, 11:22   Link #49997
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The wires are the reason. Initially it was the rounded shape they would most likely take. A siral vent and the rounded shae mde it seem ideal as a deflector and article dispersal system. That and it wouldbve seemed cooler. S for the wires, it grants a much easier manner of control to the ilot by making them aware of a connection. They act more like limb extensions. And remember that bit controls have a limit before assistance is required. Ibm arming Ichika with 37 of these things and he'll eventually control them as clones of himself. Makes things slightly easier. The wires help provide a pathway to continuously provide the special particles as well.

Contemplating 3rd particle as the name of the particles or come upp with a clever acronym.
Old 2014-01-04, 11:23   Link #49998
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Miner
Yes, and no

Other fandom already oversaturated with it

Might sounds like a joke, but I'd prefer marty stu self insert than Yuri in I.S.

@ Demi
Can always pick something symbolic.
Old 2014-01-04, 11:30   Link #49999
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Meh, not the worse thing I've seen. The trend of making Yuri in a Harem is quite popular nowday, you know?

And how about NeoCosmos - Galaxy Core. It's a real story of a faux science discovery that its creator spread to make fun of the trend of Astronomer seeking new element from every visible star.
Old 2014-01-04, 11:36   Link #50000
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Popular and sold well doesn't mean I have to like it

Especially if Yuri aspect exist because HAWTHAWTHAWT or ANGSTANGSTANGSTANGST

I don't mind yuri overtones or even blatant yaoi bait (being a fan of CLAMP and all), what I don't like is when they overwhelm the fandom and stomp all over the place, leaving little room for everything else. Nanoha fandom is the worst of all.

This is mainly my reason to avoid show like Mai Otome, Vividred Operation and Strike Witches

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest