AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-19, 17:58   Link #601
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Really, really liked Ep2. The action delivered, the plot is getting more interesting, the music is great, everything FEELS right. And above all... holy shit that OP. I cried watching the OP. Seriously. Nostalgia's a bitch, but goddamn they're hitting the right notes here. ;_;
I might die from too much awesomeness if what you are saying is true.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 18:30   Link #602
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
Really, really liked Ep2. The action delivered, the plot is getting more interesting, the music is great, everything FEELS right. And above all... holy shit that OP. I cried watching the OP. Seriously. Nostalgia's a bitch, but goddamn they're hitting the right notes here. ;_;
Whatever I may say, I'm a mecha fan at heart and this show is hitting all the right notes... feels good. Just don't fuck up the ending Bones.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 18:52   Link #603
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Yeah I really hope the show doesn't... err... jump the shark or something. Unless it's an awesome scene where Nirvash literally jumps a shark that is bursting out of the water. Without CG.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 19:17   Link #604
mdauben

Quote:
Yeah I really hope the show doesn't... err... jump the shark or something. Unless it's an awesome scene where Nirvash literally jumps a shark that is bursting out of the water. Without CG.
Hahaha!

That would be so full of win, I would have to wet myself.
Old 2012-04-19, 20:05   Link #605
miketyson

EP2: OMG OMG this is 22 of the most awesome minutes of TV anime I can remember in years. The new soundtrack has amazing music, the plot pacing and sound design are top top notch, it feels like a it was 40 minutes long in a good way. Like literally about 10 minutes in I was like "that was an amazing episode" and then i realized it was still only partway through the A-part.

I don't know how they're doing it but they're doing on this one, I just hope they can keep it up as it goes.

Edit: duckroll you cried too huh? Didn't see it cause I was too excited to post.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 21:34   Link #606
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I found it odd that
Spoiler:

Going by the next episode previews, there doesn't seem to be any logical reason for it, since her natural color wasn't a secret.
Old 2012-04-19, 21:47   Link #607
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

OP was great. Ep was great as well. Glad Naru is there for Ao.
Old 2012-04-19, 22:05   Link #608
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
I found it odd that...
Spoiler for Ep2:
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 22:18   Link #609
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
I found it odd that
Spoiler:

Going by the next episode previews, there doesn't seem to be any logical reason for it, since her natural color wasn't a secret.
It's not about it being a secret.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-19, 22:36   Link #610
leokiko

Epic. Yet again. Now to wait a week for it...oh shit
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 22:51   Link #611
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

This is going to be a great series, much like how Eureka 7 was before it. They know they have a lot of expectations riding on this one and Bones consistantly delievers on many of their series. Soul Eater is probably their lowest one on my personal ranking but ever since RahXephon, they've always had my attention whenever they put something out. The amount of planning and ideas that go into their series makes the wait well-worth it.
Old 2012-04-19, 22:55   Link #612
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Epic. Yet again. Now to wait a week for it...oh shit
My thoughts exactly. xD I'm now leaning towards this being an alternate universe as well
Spoiler:
. Nice to see that the guys with the cars (can't remember their names) got a bit more fleshed out, they might be helping out the Japanese navy but they do really care about their island, wish we could say the same about some of the adults here...
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 23:05   Link #613
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
wish we could say the same about some of the adults here...
It's not really fair to say that . They've honestly just disassociated Ao with a native friend, or they've probably never seen Ao as someone to be liked in the first place. It's not fair to Ao, but they probably want what's best for the island at Ao's expense.

It was a great episode. Glad to see more of the cast. I guess we're getting closer to seeing what the characters want to do.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 23:22   Link #614
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Marvelous! The music was good, and the battle scene was more than satisfactory. So they refer to Nirvash as Mark I this time around. I believe it was called Type-Zero in the first season.

I really like how supportive Naru is to Ao. The kid needs someone as an emotional support considering the kind of treatment he's getting, plus the kind of crap he just went through.

I wonder what Eureka did to incite so much resentment from the people of the island other than being a foreigner. As for the female pilots, they seem to be interesting... It was amusing how Fleur just played along with Ao feigning ignorance. If it was soldier from a regular army, things would've been more rough for the kid.

Agh! I wish I had a time machine so I can watch the next episode. Waiting isn't exactly my forte. ;_;
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 23:29   Link #615
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Marvelous! The music was good, and the battle scene was more than satisfactory. So they refer to Nirvash as Mark I this time around. I believe it was called Type-Zero in the first season.
I don't think the robot Ao piloted is the Nirvash.

Your post reminded me to mention that the girls in AO are much more attractive than the girls in E7 so far, aside from Eureka herself .

Edit: Also, Naru's father mentioned that Eureka brought "pain and misfortune", as the translation went, when she arrived. It probably has to do with the Mark I appearing 10 years ago and saving Naru.
Old 2012-04-19, 23:31   Link #616
Jarmel

Ok let me break down AO episode 2 a bit more. This is the best episode I've seen all season. The people working on this show know their stuff.

The OP is very good. The early symbolism with Ao chasing the bird, being representative of Eureka, with the closing symbolism of the Nirvash chasing Eureka again to the moon. They're also playing up Naru's role such as Ao seeing her whenever he's in the cockpit. I'm also surprised they're adding helmets to the series when the first really didn't have any. I think they did fuck up on Naru appearing on Ao's helmet in the OP as the image should be reversed.

Let me start with the music as it's outstanding. The show is definitely playing a lot of string pieces and it works. The piece that introduces Fleur is amazing and reflects the playfulness of the scene, The music at 15:14 is a great victory piece and is in theme with the other string pieces throughout the show. It also looks like they have certain theme pieces such as the one right before the combat sequence when Ao gets in the IFO, which is excellent. I'm now wondering how many pieces they have left for the show as it seems they burned through a ton already.

One thing about the show is that it seems they're trying to play up the physics to a certain extent. You can see that in the first episode and in cases throughout the second episode. For example the heat from the jets burning away the tarp or when Ao shoots through the carrier.

Gotta love those cat ears.

They're doing pretty well so far with the characters. Gazelle isn't as much of a douchebag as in the manga and seems to fit the older brother stereotype. Ao has the sense to both hide the IFO from everybody but also pretend to be a victim. He shows resourcefullness, courage, but also humanity in regards to how people perceive him and his new hair color. He's much closer to end-game Renton in E7 and the show benefits from that. Fleur also surprised me as I expected her to be more of a bitch, she might be playing it up though. The little mannerisms Fleur and Elena had while waiting for the launch command was a nice humanizing touch too. All the characters feel much less like generic stereotypes than what I was expected and I'm very glad to be wrong about my earlier impressions.

It also looks like they're going to tackle the racism through Ao this time around as opposed to the Vodarac. That should be interesting as it'll be less of a sidetopic this go around.

This image here shows that instead of just making the IFO another humanoid mech they really are trying to add more surfing moves into the combat, something later in E7 that wasn't really the case. It looks much more like surfing than in the original series. The fight choreography is also very good and easily on par with the original series. The way the mech moved felt very organic to the surfing style.

Shit this is better than the original.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 23:35   Link #617
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I don't think the robot Ao piloted is the Nirvash.

Your post reminded me to mention that the girls in AO are much more attractive than the girls in E7 so far, aside from Eureka herself .

Edit: Also, Naru's father mentioned that Eureka brought "pain and misfortune", as the translation went, when she arrived. It probably has to do with the Mark I appearing 10 years ago and saving Naru.
The Mark 1 is the Nirvash. The coloring is different probably because the military re-colored it. The original color when it first appeared 10 years ago is the traditional white and red coloring. You see it for a split second in the episode.
Old 2012-04-19, 23:38   Link #618
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Another outstanding episode. Can't wait for the OST because the BGM has been killer so far -- especially the track around 15:35! The first Eureka had such an excellent soundtrack, but this one is off to a great start.
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 23:42   Link #619
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
The Mark 1 is the Nirvash. The coloring is different probably because the military re-colored it. The original color when it first appeared 10 years ago is the traditional white and red coloring. You see it for a split second in the episode.
Is it really? It didn't look the same to me. It only has one cockpit.

I don't know. Even with the eventual recoloring that was in the promo materials, it didn't look like the Nirvash.
Old 2012-04-19, 23:47   Link #620
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
The Mark 1 is the Nirvash.
When the arm was severed, it was shown clearly the thing isn't organic but mechanic instead. Whatever it is, it is not THE Nirvash.

...we don't have to spoilertag ep2 anymore do we?
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen