AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-10, 18:14   Link #1801
Aqua Knight

To be honest, all this whining is kinda pathetic and stupid.
Play the game, say it's shit and forget it instead of making a big fuss about it.

And all those "fans were betrayed bla bla bla"? I just don't understand how can you be such a hardcore fan of a game to complain about it like a baby.
Old 2013-03-10, 18:27   Link #1802
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You don't understand or you don't want to understand?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 18:37   Link #1803
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Tameen wants to see people facepalm till it hurts, which he tweeted so there are no fixes. That's NT for you a 100% asshole.
Did he really tweet that? I know Tameem is a jerk... but that's a bit too unprofessional, even for him. Sure, behaving like children is nothing new to NT, but that's basically acknowledging their game is bad and that they're not giving fixes just to spite on gamers (you know, the ones who did bother buying their game). So, I'm having a hard time believing he really went there.
Old 2013-03-10, 18:40   Link #1804
Lummie

@Aqua Knight

My FIRST game ever on the Playstation 2 was Devil May Cry. Bought all the games and the series itself was a huge motivation factor to get a console for future sequels.

After the announcement of a reboot and the moreso after the trailers, I felt deeply dissapointed. Not to mention how game press spews paid bullshit about DmC saving the series, how customers are called entitled and how it all took 5 whole years just to get this result from an arrogant developper.

Just calling it shit and looking the other way doesn't do it justice for having my favourite franchise destroyed like this.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 18:40   Link #1805
Aqua Knight

Play the game, if it sucks forget about it.
I maybe wrong but those who you call the "real" fans are a minority compared to all other newcomers/simple casual gamers (like me).

Endless complaining won't do anything either. Capcom isn't Bioware. Though I never cared about all that company accusation thing together with bashing certain people like Tameem. It isn't worth the time simply.

As you grow older and have less time for games - simplified, but colorful looking games are the best choice to get some gaming-related rest & entertainment. And at the time when all games get easier it's especially important to get the fun factor, which this game didn't fail to deliver.

Yes, there were some disappointments, but minority fans will rarely be taken into account when making a game. I bet most of people (me included) can't do over the top combos and play using 4-5 combination on easy/normal level. So saying that Capcom did shit to the loyal fans is stupid - it never really cared. Moreover old DMC fans are bound to be in their 20s, so an easier less time consuming and less complex game is much better.

As for the character change, I don't think it's a big deal as long as you get your "fun". Or unless you are a so called "true DMC fan".

Last edited by Aqua Knight; 2013-03-10 at 18:53.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 18:44   Link #1806
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Did he really tweet that? I know Tameem is a jerk... but that's a bit too unprofessional, even for him. Sure, behaving like children is nothing new to NT, but that's basically acknowledging their game is bad and that they're not giving fixes just to spite on gamers (you know, the ones who did bother buying their game). So, I'm having a hard time believing he really went there.
Its basically his infamous tweet when someone asked him whether there would be a fix for this and that (the bugs I believe)

And he replied "we don't have a fix for facepalming yourself till it bleeds either"

I know I've gotten a few words off but that's the gist of it. And yes I've seen the tweet personally.

Frankly, th man is horrible at comebacks which would explain- "Whore mother? I don't know my mother but if you're calling me a son of a bitch you wouldn't be the first!"

...wut?
Old 2013-03-10, 18:51   Link #1807
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
I maybe wrong but those who you call the "real" fans are a minority compared to all other newcomers/simple casual gamers (like me).
Is that why it sold less than all the other previous entry? Failing to meet its target not once, not twice, but all three of them?

Quote:
Endless complaining won't to anything more either. Capcom isn't Bioware. Though I never cared about all that company accusation thing,
On the contrary, this colossus fail of a PR mess is just what Capcom needs to hopefully snap them out of stupidity or at this least burn them so bad that they start to rethink their business practices.

And at the same time serve as an example to all the other companies.
Old 2013-03-10, 18:55   Link #1808
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:

As you grow older and have less time for games - simplified, but colorful looking games are the best choice to get some gaming-related rest & entertainment. And at the time when all games get easier it's especially important to get the fun factor, which this game didn't fail to deliver.
Um how would you know this? Are you making standard assumptions about adulthood? I mean You're still a child yourself, and I'm older than you and I'm still able to enjoy both these simplified, but colorful looking games and also games with a little more substance. True you may not have as much time as you used to or your standards may start to drop as a result, but best believe if you enjoy something enough and if you care for something enough YOU WILL MAKE TIME for what you enjoy and not have to sacrifice quality for it, and YOU WILL CARE if something you enjoy is being screwed with. Mega Man fans continuing to be screwed and trolled hard as a result of Kenji quitting is a clear example of that.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment

Last edited by DingoEnderZOE2; 2013-03-10 at 19:05.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 18:56   Link #1809
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Did he really tweet that?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1722

@Aqua Knight

I did not come across mention of casuals/hardcore terms in neither this thread or any of my posts. For me, anyone's free to have his opinion and I don't understand where you get that impression. Personally I just care a lot about this franchise simply because it has potential to grow a lot more but not with the way it's going now.

edit, you wrote more

Quote:
Are you serious? I barely have time for games but at least the desire to have my time well spent on a good game when I pay for it. It doesn't matter to me how colorful or bright it looks, as long as the gameplay provides reasonable mechanism and this game didn't do it. Per example, a boss fight where a boss on the verge of defeat, regenerates a full lifebar and doesn't take damage only after a couple of times restarting because of some bug Ninja Theory didn't bother to fix? Not to mention several factors if you bother to go back in this thread.

Quote:
Yes, there were some disappointments, but minority fans will rarely be taken into account when making a game. I bet most of people (me included) can't do over the top combos and play using 4-5 combination on easy/normal level. So saying that Capcom did shit to the loyal fans is stupid - it never really cared. Moreover old DMC fans are bound to be in their 20s, so an easier less time consuming and less complex game is much better.
You're almost indicating that anyone that wouldn't agree with you is a hardcore gamer that does over-the-top combo's and a whiner even though Capcom several times recognized the main public's critism and opinions regarding the reboot. That which you call a minority.

Last edited by Lummie; 2013-03-10 at 19:11.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 19:03   Link #1810
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Hahaha.... Oh wow!
I really don't know what to say...
Old 2013-03-10, 19:09   Link #1811
Aqua Knight

Okay,I agree with most of all your comments. Just want to say that game isn't bad as long as you enjoy it and it is not worth wasting your time shitting it,especially if Tameem is such a bad guy.
Old 2013-03-10, 19:16   Link #1812
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Okay,I agree with most of all your comments. Just want to say that game isn't bad as long as you enjoy it and it is not worth wasting your time shitting it,especially if Tameem is such a bad guy.
Don't worry about it- it really doesn't take too much effort to drop one liners here and there.

What else am I suppose to do on the train?
Old 2013-03-10, 22:08   Link #1813
Fuyuno
Banned

It's really ironic on how this game got better ratings than God of War: Ascension despite its hatedom on the internet.

New Dante vs less angry Kratos: Which one is worse?
Fuyuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 22:18   Link #1814
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuno View Post
It's really ironic on how this game got better ratings than God of War: Ascension despite its hatedom on the internet.

Better ratings as in reviews? Erm yeah that's a whole other can of worms altogether
Old 2013-03-11, 06:09   Link #1815
shanksen

the GAME isn't bad but damn, new dante is irritating to watch, want my OLD DANTE!!!
Old 2013-03-11, 07:00   Link #1816
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuno View Post

Not even in the slightes bit. NT receives so much unjustified love it's not funny. Hell we had shit like "Is Ninja Theory this generation's Team ICO?". The entire gaming media are white knighting them and giving them a free pass. I mean look at Enslaved. It's a barly running POS and is an insult to the action genre and yet it has a 83 on MC.

And don't get me started on Kratos. Shit is hilarious. First complaining that he is an angry, bland character and then complaining that he receives character development.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 07:28   Link #1817
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

DmC isn't the worst received game this year (so far), that dishonor goes to Alien:CM.
Old 2013-03-11, 09:25   Link #1818
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So this is why it's titled Vergil's Downfall.

Algo para los amigos
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 09:43   Link #1819
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I am strangely agreeable to Spanish Dante.

Still can't beat Raiden and his 'Authentic Civilian Disguise' though...
Old 2013-03-11, 10:53   Link #1820
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ What.. the hell did I just watch O_o