Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2012-06-06, 09:36   Link #261
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
I know Kamijou and Hitomi are, understandably, not very popular. But in the TV anime, they still seemed to have some justifications for their actions, so I can't call them unforgivable villains.

But given their "kick the dog" treatment of Sayaka (did Kamijou really have to add "Hitomi is the only one I need!"?) in the video game, I kinda have my doubts about the movies. Maybe it's just our bad luck with Star Wars, or the current state of the Haruhi franchise, but I kinda think Shaft should leave well enough alone, lest they end up too proud (and overextended) like Kyoto Animation.

I might be saying something different if they hadn't derailed Kamijou and Hitomi in the video game like they did.
It's not that they are vilians, so much as they are assholes. And Hitomi, either is extremely insensitive or a downright jerk. And besides both of them really serve only to hasten Sayaka's fall. Whether they are scum or just pathetic at social relations is moot in the overall.
Old 2012-06-06, 09:51   Link #262
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It's not that they are vilians, so much as they are assholes. And Hitomi, either is extremely insensitive or a downright jerk. And besides both of them really serve only to hasten Sayaka's fall. Whether they are scum or just pathetic at social relations is moot in the overall.
I didn't say they weren't insensitive assholes, but at least in the TV anime, they seemed more nuanced and rounded (and Hitomi seems somewhat concerned about Sayaka later on). Yes, they did hasten Sayaka's fall, but not intentionally. Kamijou adding in that line "Shizuki is the only one I need!" in the video game just seemed like overkill and character derailment to me. That's why I have some reservations about the writing in the movies.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 13:11   Link #263
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
I didn't say they weren't insensitive assholes, but at least in the TV anime, they seemed more nuanced and rounded (and Hitomi seems somewhat concerned about Sayaka later on). Yes, they did hasten Sayaka's fall, but not intentionally. Kamijou adding in that line "Shizuki is the only one I need!" in the video game just seemed like overkill and character derailment to me. That's why I have some reservations about the writing in the movies.
Then again, we never did know how Kamijou felt towards Sayaka. Maybe he was already in love with Hitomi, but couldn't ask her out because he was hospitalized. I'm sure he was somewhat grateful to have Sayaka visit him, it's possible that her constantly being there upset him, hence why he never bothered to tell her that he'd be discharged from the hospital after he got better. Of course, this is merely a theory and by no means fact, so maybe I'm just overthinking it.
Old 2012-06-07, 08:48   Link #264
maximilianjenus
[E]

The way kamijou reacts to sayaka's advances makes it obvious he does not love her.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 10:47   Link #265
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Fans really hate the violin boy don't they? Kamijou is more clueless than any harem hero imaginable and he is not even in a harem series.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:51   Link #266
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
The way kamijou reacts to sayaka's advances makes it obvious he does not love her.
but in the sayaka route of the psp game. he responded to her love confession.
Old 2012-06-07, 11:04   Link #267
GDB

By the way, the movies are dated. October 6th for the first one, and October 13th for the second. Glad they aren't waiting between the first two movies, since they're both just recaps.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 14:05   Link #268
1337_haxor

Cool Well...

The third movie is the real deal, it will show us exactly what Madoka's new world is like and wheter it will last long or not.

Will it be a happier Mahou Shoujo world only with the serious implication of death?

Or will Urobutcher and the other three maniacs deliver the killing blow to our hopes and dream as all burns beneath unrelenting darkness?

My body is ready for the latter.
1337_haxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 15:39   Link #269
captchaluff

A new movie thingy came out!
Spoiler for Image:

I have a new background.
captchaluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 17:05   Link #270
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_haxor View Post
The third movie is the real deal, it will show us exactly what Madoka's new world is like and wheter it will last long or not.

Will it be a happier Mahou Shoujo world only with the serious implication of death?

Or will Urobutcher and the other three maniacs deliver the killing blow to our hopes and dream as all burns beneath unrelenting darkness?

My body is ready for the latter.
I hope for the latter. :evil:

Seriously, they did establish Madoka as a dark magical girl series; I think anything lighter and fluffier might as well be a different show.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 17:41   Link #271
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
I hope for the latter. :evil:

Seriously, they did establish Madoka as a dark magical girl series; I think anything lighter and fluffier might as well be a different show.
I disagree. "Dark Magical Girl" doesn't mean it should be the anime equivalent of a snuff film. Making things a little lighter would simply balance the broader narrative better, imo. It wouldn't make it an entirely different show. I wouldn't want this to turn happy-happy, joy-joy, but having an element of legitimate hope in the films wouldn't hurt, imo.

And as somebody who actually likes the characters (radical concept, I know ), I hope that things go better for them in the movies than it did in the anime (or at least no worse than it was in the anime).

That's not to say that I don't want a hard, interesting struggle involved; of course I do; but I hope the protagonists come out of it well.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-06-07 at 19:48.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 20:40   Link #272
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I just hope that the movie will include possible unseen events that the anime didn`t add in. I felt like there were somethings missing, but I could be wrong though. Maybe I`m still in speculative mode because I`m excited, but I hope we see a little bit more back story for each of the characters that would be amazing.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-06-07 at 21:26.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 21:21   Link #273
Witched

I hope they add explanations (Kazumi/Oriko appearances/cameos) explaining more in depth about Kyuubey. At least explain how he has infinite amount of bodies of some sort.

Sounds like the recap would be a bit more happier than the series itself.. Though it ends with a tragedy, maybe having a timeline where Homura experiences everyone becoming witches would be cool.
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 21:27   Link #274
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witched View Post
At least explain how he has infinite amount of bodies of some sort.
Pretty sure they did explain that.

Spoiler for Just in case:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 21:48   Link #275
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

I hope it will be like Sunny Day Life Drama CD
Old 2012-06-08, 14:08   Link #276
1337_haxor

Cool Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witched View Post
I hope they add explanations (Kazumi/Oriko appearances/cameos) explaining more in depth about Kyuubey. At least explain how he has infinite amount of bodies of some sort.

Sounds like the recap would be a bit more happier than the series itself.. Though it ends with a tragedy, maybe having a timeline where Homura experiences everyone becoming witches would be cool.
You mean having Ophelia and Candeloro making a cameo don't you?

I can totally see they expanding the episode 10 content with a scene of Madoka and Moemura fighting Candeloro and another one where Homura faces Ophelia after killing Oktavia.
1337_haxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 08:51   Link #277
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Madoka is not gonna win in the Box Office. There are BIGGER Movies coming out on Fall.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 12:52   Link #278
Jimmy C

It only needs to turn a profit to be successful.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 15:16   Link #279
captchaluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
I hope it will be like Sunny Day Life Drama CD
I don't know... Somehow, I think switching from the two recaps of death and despair to happy-go-lucky slice of life wouldn't really work. But you never know, it worked with the Drama CD.
captchaluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 23:04   Link #280
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
Madoka is not gonna win in the Box Office. There are BIGGER Movies coming out on Fall.
In Japan? I think it will fare quite well.

Besides, an anime movie turning out profit is already win for it.

Tags
madoka magica, movie