AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-05, 05:49   Link #7801
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Do you ever think we would see Erlang in the main story?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 06:22   Link #7802
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Do you ever think we would see Erlang in the main story?
probably not,but I'd like to see him cause it seems that he is a powerful [Steel] God
Old 2013-07-05, 07:15   Link #7803
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami no Ou View Post
probably not,but I'd like to see him cause it seems that he is a powerful [Steel] God
I'd prefer that more goddess appear rather than male god. So far the goddess that appear seems more interesting character than the god. Though maybe it just me thinking with my dick. All the male god seem just to have interest in fighting, while the goddess (and divine ancestor) add more variety of trouble and interaction to Godou, some of them is hilarious.

And I still don't really get what is really special about this [Steel] category. After all, all heretic god is pretty dangerous on their own way, and Campione is already used to face opponent that outclass them, so I don't really get what the big deal is with this [steel] other that they are dangerous to dragon.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 07:49   Link #7804
alviam099

^ True, and mother earth goddesses are considered dragons as well.

So you could say that [Steel]s, which are their natural enemy, dominates most gods.

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 07:51   Link #7805
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
I'd prefer that more goddess appear rather than male god. So far the goddess that appear seems more interesting character than the god. Though maybe it just me thinking with my dick. All the male god seem just to have interest in fighting, while the goddess (and divine ancestor) add more variety of trouble and interaction to Godou, some of them is hilarious.

And I still don't really get what is really special about this [Steel] category. After all, all heretic god is pretty dangerous on their own way, and Campione is already used to face opponent that outclass them, so I don't really get what the big deal is with this [steel] other that they are dangerous to dragon.
As for me, I'd prefer if we get to see more Character Development. I don't care about the God and Goddess, I just want to see more of the Characters', especially the Main Characters', Deep Character Traits. The Campiones themselves are interesting Characters to explore. I'm fine if the Author introduces more Characters to flesh the established Characters more really.

I think what is special about [Steel] is that they are just born to fight. Literally. And maybe because of the whole having body as hard as steel thing?
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 08:04   Link #7806
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

I would like to see Erlang cause in the SS, he seem like a interesting character.
I too would like to the LN to intro more goddess as well, not a heretic one, but some one who appeared using the same way as Erlang.

Also someone who isn't a [Steel] or [Mother Earth], those type appear way to often.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 08:11   Link #7807
OverNOut
The Obsever

The only other type seen so far was [Earth].
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 08:13   Link #7808
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
^ True, and mother earth goddesses are considered dragons as well.

So you could say that [Steel]s, which are their natural enemy, dominates most gods.
I don't think that [Steel] really are that dominating. In Campione-verse there really is not many fight between Gods and Campione where one side is dominating each other. Even when one side has the advantage, the other side can easily has other trump card or thinking of other way to goes around that advantage. For example when Athena is preparing to fight Perseus, she already prepare the volcano to obliterate him. All these god and Campione is so tenacious that its hard for me to think that some advantage or compatibility is really matter.
Old 2013-07-05, 08:27   Link #7809
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Two things I have always been curious about in the Campione!Verse:

Faith. Do they have effects on the Divine Entities like adding strength or making them able to manifest as Proper Gods or is there no effect of them?

Arahitogami/Akitsumikami/Living Gods. Can they exist in the Campione!Verse? Maybe if by off-chance someone lives long enough to gain legend of themselves or had a lot of people's faith in them (if Faith does have some effects). It doesn't really take long for someone to be 'revered' really, like the Living Buddha of Nanking. In the past a title like that would be taken 100% seriously.
Old 2013-07-05, 09:22   Link #7810
Yami no Ou
まおう

^myths can change a God's nature so it can probably affect their strengths and Proper Gods cant fully manifest on the mortal realm cause when they fully manifest they became [Heretic God]
I think what's special about [Steel] Gods is that they are probably the strongest class since they are mortal enemy to Mother Earth Goddesses and so far they are the only types of God that have appeared,not to mention the King of the End which is the strongest [Steel] and he's OP enough to annihilate a lot of Campione in different eras
Old 2013-07-05, 09:33   Link #7811
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
Two things I have always been curious about in the Campione!Verse:

Faith. Do they have effects on the Divine Entities like adding strength or making them able to manifest as Proper Gods or is there no effect of them?

Arahitogami/Akitsumikami/Living Gods. Can they exist in the Campione!Verse? Maybe if by off-chance someone lives long enough to gain legend of themselves or had a lot of people's faith in them (if Faith does have some effects). It doesn't really take long for someone to be 'revered' really, like the Living Buddha of Nanking. In the past a title like that would be taken 100% seriously.
One of Susanoo's companions is this living god right? The monk that has mummified appearance, though I don't think he is a god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami no Ou View Post
^myths can change a God's nature so it can probably affect their strengths and Proper Gods cant fully manifest on the mortal realm cause when they fully manifest they became [Heretic God]
I think what's special about [Steel] Gods is that they are probably the strongest class since they are mortal enemy to Mother Earth Goddesses and so far they are the only types of God that have appeared,not to mention the King of the End which is the strongest [Steel] and he's OP enough to annihilate a lot of Campione in different eras
I think the reason I don't feel that [Steel] is really that special is because Campione is a series about where the weak triumph over the strong. In the end this [Steel] is going to be beaten anyway either by luck, tenacity, creativity, or any combination of the three. In the end what really matter is not this [steel] status, but by the ego of the god or the idiocy/stubbornness of the Campione.
Old 2013-07-05, 09:37   Link #7812
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

^ Mummified monks... aren't they're revered or something?

^^ Myths aren't the same with Faiths... when it's Faiths, that means they are really revered and awed, believed to really be divine and they really exists. Myths are just legends or stories, it doesn't matter if they are believed or not.

I simply think that if a lot of people believes them to actually exists, prays to them, and offers their Faiths to them, the Gods might be able to actually manifests because (in the eye of Humans, the creator of Myths) they aren't just legends but a truth that actually exists.

...well, there's no way to prove it though. Despite talking about Myths and Gods, Campione! doesn't really talks about humanities' Faith in the Divines and the Mysterious. Probably because it is rather... sensitive issue.
Old 2013-07-05, 12:34   Link #7813
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
^ Mummified monks... aren't they're revered or something?

^^ Myths aren't the same with Faiths... when it's Faiths, that means they are really revered and awed, believed to really be divine and they really exists. Myths are just legends or stories, it doesn't matter if they are believed or not.

I simply think that if a lot of people believes them to actually exists, prays to them, and offers their Faiths to them, the Gods might be able to actually manifests because (in the eye of Humans, the creator of Myths) they aren't just legends but a truth that actually exists.

...well, there's no way to prove it though. Despite talking about Myths and Gods, Campione! doesn't really talks about humanities' Faith in the Divines and the Mysterious. Probably because it is rather... sensitive issue.
actually the reason why the gods exist in the realm of campione is mutually relational with faiths and their myths, you have to take into notion why to some extent they are called heretic gods, because they themselves dont want to be confined into the myth they are always presented on, the reason people have faith in the gods are because of the myths the surround them.
just as how christians believed in yahweh (lack of a better term) because of his myth towards creation.
but if anyone notices is that the gods dealt in Campione arent part of the big 2 or because I think there's no substantial myths that would go along in the lines of Christ and Allah (Yahweh in Judaism), unless there is now evidence in Campione that Heretical Gods exist due to the lack of stories spread about them, but we do know they descend from time to time given enough time just as they promised their slayers which begs the question if a Campione fails to slay the God with whom he has Authorities with what happens then a hypothetical scenario what if Godou fails to slay Verethragna (highly unlikely but there's a chance considering what happened with Athena) should he appear again what happens to his Persian Warlord Authority

PS it seems the Myth of Mithra reached the U.S. through the Irish settlers (dating earliest 1500-1600) including Anubis, I wonder if this legend will play a part in the story of Campione it seems very very plausible.
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 19:00   Link #7814
Kadi
知識の探求者

NOOOO! Keep Mithra far, far away! *traumatized*

Also, Heretic Gods descend because they do. Athena sure didn't like her myth, but I don't think that's a general trait. Perseus just arrived and saw a dragon to slay. Melqart just started acting like he still owned the place. The "Heretic", or "Rogue" or whatever the closer translation was, is due to the fact that their characters are distorted compared to how the myths describe them. It's even pointed out that Verethragna is no mythical hero, but just a bully. With enough firepower to fry a country or two. Anyway, after getting killed, he lost the distortion and became a way nicer guy again. The fact that losing your divine power, or maybe even "divinity" fixes the personality and getting the powers back screws them up again is curious though.

Also, being powerful in-myth or well-known/revered nowadays is at most a minor factor in how strong a god is. Their ego, self-confidence or sense of identity are way more important, as V7 and V13 points out. Then again, it wasn't explicitly said that having a cult following does not make them stronger...
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 07:19   Link #7815
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

You know, Volume 14 just reminds me of Scribblenauts for some reason. Probably because of the NeoGAF story of someone traveling through time and jumping on a dinosaur and using it to kill robot zombies.
F***, I really want to see an Uldin vs Voban now.
Old 2013-07-07, 08:01   Link #7816
Ultragunner

But first, we may enjoy a Uldin vs Doni, wonder what's gonna happen if these two really clash
Old 2013-07-07, 08:14   Link #7817
chrono25

might be a bit early on this but does anyone know about vol 15
chrono25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 10:17   Link #7818
Kadi
知識の探求者

Is "Campione V15????" going to become a weekly thing now? Not quite on the level of "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam", I'm afraid, and even that one is of questionable entertainment value. Well, w/e.

No, there have been no news on Campione V15 since last week. But I'm looking forward to Leviathan V3 a bit now, cause it's confirmed "the Athena" will show up. Finally.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 10:31   Link #7819
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Athena!? What do you mean, Kadi?

But Godou and the rest are still in the middle of time- travel.

Do you mean that once they return to the real time, Athena is finally "recovered" or she going to ambush him?

If that's the case, will she meet him in her usual form or a different one?
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 10:35   Link #7820
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
Athena!? What do you mean, Kadi?

But Godou and the rest are still in the middle of time- travel.

Do you mean that once they return to the real time, Athena is finally "recovered" or she going to ambush him?

If that's the case, will she meet him in her usual form or a different one?
If you haven't noticed the last part of Kadi's post, talks about the author's other light novel "Leviathan" not "Campione".

In other words the "Athena" that he talks about, doesn't have any relation with the "Athena" from the "Campione" novel.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem