AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2012-07-21, 23:36   Link #341
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I'll be looking forward both to the proposed Umineko opera (that's definitely a new idea!) and to the "Repercussion" VN. Both of those sound great.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 19:47   Link #342
Asuka0NK

Has anyone here made there own sprites before and if so could you tell me how to go about making a flat-chested Yasu sprite because I can't do it. I don't know how to remove the breasts or change the hair and face and I am going insane trying to do it. I really want to start my Umineko project but I want to wait till I have everything and the Yasu sprite set is all I'm missing.
Old 2012-07-22, 22:10   Link #343
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The closest thing I did to that was slimming and rejuvenating Nanjo.

I obtained this effect by deleting all the shadows on Nanjo's belly. the flat colors of umineko sprites make editing very easy.

I still had to straighten the line of Nanjo's doublet. I used a simple brush tool to redo the line. It isn't really easy because an attentive eye can spot the difference between a scanlated pencil line and a line directly done with computer graphic. I had to play with the options a while before reaching a satisfying width and blend.
I had to do this even for Nanjo's coat and you may notice that it didn't really come out perfectly clean there.

As a final touch I resized a little nanjo's body horizontally leaving the vertical length unchanged.

For the head I copypasted Nanjo's son' hair then I used the colors to fill his mustaches. The fill tool isn't perfect so I had to manually fix the borders with a brush tool. The smudge tool is also pretty useful when you need to blend two images together, but when you deal with flat colors it isn't strictly necessary.

This is the best I could do with my editing skills. If you want something more elaborated then there's not tutorial that can help you, you need to possess at least some basic drawing skills.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 12:28   Link #344
Asuka0NK

I'm also changing the title to Burial or if someone has already claimed that title I'll call it Knell.

Well I finally got my Yasu sprite. Time to learn how to use the time vortex called ONscripter.

Last edited by Asuka0NK; 2012-08-19 at 21:46.
Asuka0NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 11:40   Link #345
Asuka0NK

I'm really sorry for double post but where can I get EP 5 alone because all I have is Twilight because I am getting frustrated following the guide for something and getting the script because noting is working and I'm getting pissed.

Last edited by Asuka0NK; 2012-08-22 at 12:15.
Old 2012-08-22, 12:53   Link #346
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka0NK View Post
I'm really sorry for double post but where can I get EP 5 alone because all I have is Twilight because I am getting frustrated following the guide for something and getting the script because noting is working and I'm getting pissed.
It looks as if it's no longer possible to buy Ep 5 from the Witch Hunt site. So, if you need to buy it, you'll have to try tracking down a copy on disc. It might be hard. Checking PaletWeb and AmiAmi, they no longer sell copies of Ep 5 on its own.

Incidentally, congratulations on joining the ranks of the few, the proud, the frustrated: people who are trying to code fan-games with OnScripter.

I'm only just getting back to trying to get it to work and go through all the tutorials myself. (I'd been re-working my plot and timeline before.) I managed to get the sprites to load, but only by a different method from the one listed in the tutorial. BGMs are still beyond me. I'm messing up pretty badly. But ah well, I will not admit defeat! I'm afraid that frustration is the lot of people trying to use OnScripter. It can only be defeated by patience and luck. Or so I hope.

It might help to leave it for a while and then go back to it afresh.
Old 2012-08-22, 13:02   Link #347
Asuka0NK

I am getting so frustrated with how to start. Like once I start I will get frustrated but it will be easier because at least I have started. Like how to I begin changing the script?

Last edited by Asuka0NK; 2012-08-22 at 13:23.
Old 2012-08-22, 13:38   Link #348
battle22

It's not that hard GoldenLand-san,
if you want help for bgm its bgm,"file location.extension"
. For bgs , Bg "file location.extension",effect and for sprites _ld l,":a;file location.extension",effect Do not remove :a; . ^^ . I also am making my own VN , once you get the hang of it , it is not hard. Also Asuka-san, If you have hane installed, you could use that script and I think Kinjos tutorial download has a clean script as well. It should be here in this thread somewhere
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 14:04   Link #349
Asuka0NK

I mainly just don't understand how to change things in the script because the thing I have that lets me open the .dat files puts everything in Japanese/gibberish and I can't understand any of it or even where anything is. Also I have the clean script but is it already configured so I don't have to rewrite anything like the BGMs and the sprites?
Old 2012-08-22, 15:03   Link #350
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
It's not that hard GoldenLand-san,
if you want help for bgm its bgm,"file location.extension"
. For bgs , Bg "file location.extension",effect and for sprites _ld l,":a;file location.extension",effect Do not remove :a; . ^^
Thanks, but the problem isn't really that. I'm trying to work through the tutorials and convert them to the newer format (and hope that I understand the progam by the end!). I'm a bit uncomfortable with not being familiar with the coding style, so I want to learn how it works properly. I'm sure I'll get it all going eventually, but right now it's a case of making the changes in Tutorial 0 and watching the script crash. (For the sprites, oddly enough, making some of the changes but not all of them managed to get those working properly...)
Old 2012-08-22, 20:56   Link #351
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

If all you need is an adjusted EP5 script you can download either my game (part 3 is probably better for a beginner) or Kinjo's.
If you used the original EP5 script with the "nsa" archive of later episodes, you wouldn't be able to see any sprite at all, so it's not such a great idea.

Also EP4 code is basically the same as EP5 so you can use that working on EP4 files to become accostumed.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2012-08-22 at 21:11.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 21:48   Link #352
SeagullCrazy
Endless Witch-Doctor

Alright, so this finally got me to rewrite the tutorial so it would be more useful to everyone. There's no reason you guys should have to wade through that mess of a document I made over two years ago, so I apologize for keeping you all waiting.

Follow this new version using EP8's code; it should be much easier.

Download here.

(Note: the letter in the tips isn't working perfectly, and the ending credits look kind of silly, but I did revisions to the whole thing just tonight. It should be good enough for now, at least.)
Old 2012-08-22, 21:55   Link #353
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeagullCrazy View Post
Alright, so this finally got me to rewrite the tutorial so it would be more useful to everyone. There's no reason you guys should have to wade through that mess of a document I made over two years ago, so I apologize for keeping you all waiting.

Follow this new version using EP8's code; it should be much easier.

Download here.

(Note: the letter in the tips isn't working perfectly, and the ending credits look kind of silly, but I did revisions to the whole thing just tonight. It should be good enough for now, at least.)
Kinjo, you are wonderful.

I was having some trouble with the old tutes because of the code change, but there is just no way I would even have been attempting to make a fan game in the first place without those tutorials existing. So I feel sort of bad for saying I was having trouble and so forth when you'd already done so much work. But it will definitely save time to have the updated tutorials! I'm sure they'll be of great use to many of us. Thank you very much.
Old 2012-08-22, 22:05   Link #354
SeagullCrazy
Endless Witch-Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Kinjo, you are wonderful.

I was having some trouble with the old tutes because of the code change, but there is just no way I would even have been attempting to make a fan game in the first place without those tutorials existing. So I feel sort of bad for saying I was having trouble and so forth when you'd already done so much work. But it will definitely save time to have the updated tutorials! I'm sure they'll be of great use to many of us. Thank you very much.
Don't feel bad. As I was rewriting this I ended up doing some converting myself, and there's just too much that's different. I discovered that pretty much all matrices were going to be out of bounds, and I didn't cover that at all, so that may have been well impossible unless you did some investigating on your own to see what was wrong.

Anyway, I hope it's a lot easier now. Have fun, and good luck!
Old 2012-08-24, 23:16   Link #355
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I've just set up a progress blog for the forgery I'm writing. It'll probably help my motivation if I'm posting there every while. http://sotgw.wordpress.com/

I've put links in the sidebar to all the sites I know of which are related to Umineko fan games. Does anyone else have a fan-game progress blog which I've missed? I'd love to add more to the list. It's rather fun knowing that suddenly this year lots of people started working on Umineko forgeries. Seems to really be getting more popular, which is great news!

It's true that the official Umineko site used to host fan games too, isn't it? I'm a bit jealous that I never got to see them, although it's not as if I could have read them. It must have been amazing; I bet there are loads of great Japanese forgeries out there. Umineko is practically made for fan-fiction in the form of VNs.
Old 2012-08-25, 06:34   Link #356
Asuka0NK

So how do you make those custom openings because I want to make one because well it seems lazy to just use one of the actual openings and if I do I will go with the Second unused opening.
Old 2012-08-25, 07:19   Link #357
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka0NK View Post
So how do you make those custom openings because I want to make one because well it seems lazy to just use one of the actual openings and if I do I will go with the Second unused opening.
In part 7 of Kinjo's tutorial it says that the opening sequence has to be an .mpg, so you'll need a video editing program which can save to that format. Presumably otherwise a custom OP would be made more or less like an AMV or other video would; you could try looking for AMV resources.

Other than that it depends, what do you want your custom opening sequence to show? Personally, if I end up making one myself, I'll be splicing together footage from the existing opening scenes (the Ryukishi art ones) and maybe adding in some screens if I can, and using the first opening song because it suits the game the best. But it might be too much trouble to go to just to have an opening movie.
Old 2012-08-25, 08:49   Link #358
Asuka0NK

Well I mainly would've liked to just alter the EP 5 opening but replace Erika with Yasu and make a few minor changes.
Old 2012-08-25, 11:18   Link #359
SeagullCrazy
Endless Witch-Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
It's true that the official Umineko site used to host fan games too, isn't it? I'm a bit jealous that I never got to see them, although it's not as if I could have read them. It must have been amazing; I bet there are loads of great Japanese forgeries out there. Umineko is practically made for fan-fiction in the form of VNs.
There are still plenty of videos on niconico showing off tons of Umineko forgeries (requires an account).

But yes, unfortunately a lot of downloadable games were lost once 07th Expansion changed their website around (seriously, what's with Umineko fangame sites unexpectedly dying?! )
Luckily I managed to download quite a few (and hence saved them) but I'm not sure if I should upload any or not.

Regarding the opening movies, there are quite a few software programs that can make them. The problem is finding something that can convert to .mpg without losing quality!
Old 2012-08-25, 23:41   Link #360
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Thanks for the updated tutorial, Kinjo! I've managed to get maybe...a little under halfway through scripting my Forgery (already finished writing the whole thing) , but getting an update to the tutorial will hopefully smooth out the production of a tips menu if nothing else. Still dreading working out that tips menu...XD
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote