AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-01-12, 21:12   Link #21
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Eh, I guess I must be one of the few people who actually liked the Chaos Head adaptation. I mean sure, it's definitely flawed and the characters looked butt-ugly compared to the VN or even in this adaptation, but it told the story just fine.

Then again, I'm one of the few who actually liked the Tsukihime adaptation, and that's saying something as there's like three childhood friends in that show. (Man if I knew Akiha had her own route at that time, I bet I would have lambasted that show like everyone else lol)

@IBY
You mean Nitroplus and 5bp aren't the same? Hmm weird, I kinda just lump them together. In any case, I'm just thankful to whoever that they made Nono and Serika childhood friends to the MC, since IMO Rimi was pretty much one in all but name already. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 22:03   Link #22
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
You mean Nitroplus and 5bp aren't the same?
They are completely different: first is developing (mostly) erotic visual novels for PC while the second is developing visual novels for consoles (and lately quite a lot of them are based on the anime series).
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 07:33   Link #23
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
What is that text under the opening logo supposed to mean? Like when it has Chaos;Child and then some nonsensical engrish under it? Surely that's not subbed in but actually there in the raw as well?
its a science adventure franchise tradition. Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head, etc pretty much all titles in series have that. It may be engrish but it is not nonsensical its thematic for the story in question. For reference:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This franchise has some of the most elaborate and most meaningful title designs with tons of stuff hidden inside the logos.

Last edited by Harry Dresden; 2017-01-13 at 08:20.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 10:39   Link #24
Yamada II

Episode 0 & 1

I haven't watched Chaos;Head and according to ANN at least, I don't really have to. The Chaos;Head recap was confusing. But the important thing out of it was that there were some unexplained murders going on and the culprit was that loser looking dude. The loser is probably going to be irrelevant from now on I guess. I did like how Sliver Link. made that part look like it was done by a completely different studio.

The actual episode was okay I guess. They're connecting the events of the previous Chaos; with this new Chaos;. There are murders going on and the MC is trying to draw a connection here. And by the looks of the little recap, I think they're using the same formula here. It could end up differently if the MC doesn't have that weird ass power or whatever the hell that ;Head loser MC had. But there is that normal looking girl who is at the scene of the murder and whatever. The MC looked like the cool type so him freaking out and stuttering upon seeing the kinpatsu twintail girl felt really off.

Anyway, I'll stay for some more episodes to see if this catches me or not though I'm not expecting much.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 11:11   Link #25
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Just to be clear, Episode 0 was a recap of the Chaos; Head VN, right? Not the anime adaptation. Because the story was different from what I remembered about the anime. For one thing, it didn't have all those funky swords materializing out of thin air.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 14:01   Link #26
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dresden View Post
its a science adventure franchise tradition. Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head, etc pretty much all titles in series have that. It may be engrish but it is not nonsensical its thematic for the story in question. For reference:
It is nonsensical in a way that what it says doesn't make any sense. My decipher skill isn't high enough to decipher what it's trying to say under Chaos;Head or Child. Again, wtf is a noid?
Old 2017-01-13, 14:48   Link #27
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Domino's Pizza had an ad campaign in the 80s that featured a pizza-destroying creature called "the Noid." Domino's supposedly enabled you to "avoid the Noid."

BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 15:44   Link #28
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
wtf is a noid?
Ŋ\_(ツ)_/Ŋ
Like I said, engrish. Nobody denies it is engrish. Does not make whole text meaningless tho.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 19:10   Link #29
DemonneoPT

First episode grabbed my attention about the mysteries going on in that city, including the blonde girl. However, i had the same feeling with the first episodes of Chaos;Head but then it went on a weird path with girls with magic swords and it kinda ruined the initial concept that was actually interesting. I can only hope this sequel don't lose itself in stupid filler deviations like it's prequel or having an insane fast forward pace (*cough* Occultic;Nine *cough*), because that never works. However, with just 12 episodes, i am not expecting much from this so my expectations are really low.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 12:43   Link #30
AB079
Banned

The good thing about this series is the mysteries surrounding the characters and how the city seems more dangerous than what it seems to be. Still this is a bit confusing for anime only viewers.

So this time Nono was stabbed and maybe killed? what she was doing is dangerous as hell so that was somehow predictable but to be honest I don't want her die.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 12:47   Link #31
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
The good thing about this series is the mysteries surrounding the characters and how the city seems more dangerous than what it seems to be. Still this is a bit confusing for anime only viewers.

So this time Nono was stabbed and maybe killed? what she was doing is dangerous as hell so that was somehow predictable but to be honest I don't want her die.
Spoiler for Episode 2:
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 13:15   Link #32
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Spoiler for Episode 2:
I hope you're right about your second statement, I really hope because for some reason I like her a lot.
Old 2017-01-18, 13:42   Link #33
Wandering Soul

Having that entire scene about wanting to bring Takuru back and then going out at night alone did make me suspect something was going to happen to her. Whether she is dead or not is still up in the air though.
Old 2017-01-18, 19:15   Link #34
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh I'm just seething with anger at that person stabbing Nono.

Honestly though, it's the second episode, and considering she has the biggest screentime dedicated to someone outside the MC's POV, I don't think she's truly dead yet. I mean, it might mean she may only be alive in the virtual world or whatever mumbo jumbo was in Chaos Head (don't remember the details it's been almost a decade ), but I seriously don't think all this build-up for her is done just to kill her 2 episodes in.

But yeah, may that guy who stabbed her die in the next sumo sticker murder, yes....

Old 2017-01-18, 22:51   Link #35
Applehell

Unless he's the one behind them...

Didn't watch the first series and recap was rather confusing, but I got the gist enough of it to understand the background and concepts for the sequel. I do hope Kursu sirvives too, but her death does address one issue that has been bothering me is far; Takuru's personal investment in this case. I'm not sure if he's trying play detective or is just a dumb kid who thinks this all just game he won't be targetted for poking his nose in real murders. I mean if he got ahead of the police then what? Would he try confront the killer make himself a hero? I dunno, maybe it has something to do with why he moved out. In anycase his actions here on will be more understandable now regardless if Kurusu survives or not.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 23:59   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'd feel worse if she does end up dead if Nono hadn't been so darn stupid. I mean even if there weren't murders going on...wandering outside in the dead of night by herself was all kinds of stupid. Just pick up the darn thing in the morning....

It would be surprising if she is dead this early in the show. Although maybe this is actually a decent ways into the story considering they are condensing a VN into 1 cour . Hopefully she isn't dead. Being stupid shouldn't mean you have to die.
Old 2017-01-19, 00:24   Link #37
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Unless he's the one behind them...
Considering who Shogun really is, I personally wouldn't be surprised if the murderer is some split personality of the MC.

On that note, I wouldn't even be surprised if Kurusu and Onoe are just two separate halves of the same whole. I mean, both MC and Kurusu have been experimented upon that they can't remember what happened before they got to the orphanage, so while it's a wild speculation, maybe the experiment involved trying to make two separate beings and what we're seeing is the result. XD

Old 2017-01-19, 22:16   Link #38
haseo0408

What truly intringues is how is this all related to Chaos;Head, I guess thatīs the central mistery but still the only link is the incident at the end of the previous story and now a serial killer is killing people in bizzare ways on the same dates that the previous incidents.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 02:46   Link #39
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
What is that text under the opening logo supposed to mean? Like when it has Chaos;Child and then some nonsensical engrish under it? Surely that's not subbed in but actually there in the raw as well?

Wtf is a noid?
I find the Japanese version of the "quote" makes a lot more sense.

They tried to translate it over to English I guess but it failed quite badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dresden View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This franchise has some of the most elaborate and most meaningful title designs with tons of stuff hidden inside the logos.
You forgot about Occultic;Nine lol

Last edited by KanbeKotori; 2017-01-20 at 07:21.
KanbeKotori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 12:35   Link #40
AB079
Banned

YESSSSS NONO IS ALIVE! I really thought she was dead after that attack, so glad she's okay. Takuru has a really strong connection with Nono, that showed right after she finally went asleep, crying for what happened and getting a new resolution regarding this whole mystery.

Kunosato is a weird character, very rude, smart and sometimes annoying with all her assumptions against other members of the group. I don't really trust her but we'll see what's going to happen in the next episode.

That flashback with Nono was a little bit weird, she looked like dead after the earthquake. Also we reached a new element of the story, the powers of the victims, something I learned from chaos:head is the fact that the powers play a strong part of these stories, so I expect some development regarding this topic in the future.

Tags
harem