AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

View Poll Results: Gurren-Lagann - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 4 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 45.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 8.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-06, 08:10   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Gurren-Lagann - Episode 2 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Gurren-Lagann, Episode 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any unmarked spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2007-05-06, 13:40   Link #2
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
It's rare to see such well choreagraphed action sequences, or really action sequences at all these day, so this episode had me completely enthralled. The humour in this episode was great with Kamina and Simon's new combination attack, and the Gurren-Lagann components are now assembled....or are they. I'm wondering if Yoko is going to get a Ganmen in the future and add a part the manliest robot mecha ever conceived of. I give thee 8/10.
Old 2007-05-06, 18:22   Link #3
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'd Said I Ride It

Review and comments for episode two.
Old 2007-05-07, 11:14   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This episode really takes off. Not much to say other than it continues the epic swashbuckling (Pirates of the Caribbean on sci-fi steroids?), humor, and goofiness. I enjoy the mix of low and high tech. (9/10 for buckled swashes)

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-05-07 at 11:32.
Old 2007-06-21, 00:58   Link #5
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Kekeke, now I see what all the fuss is about.

Episode one didn't draw me in at all; nothing about it really struck me as being funny, and I was a bit confused until I rewatched it (although the confusion was probably more because of the subs themselves than anything else). I was pretty unenthusiastic about it; just kind of sat here wandering where it was going... It could also be because I came into it with the wrong mindset. Eh... anyways...

*Really* liked two. Yeah, this is what I want, action ("baku hatsu" is a favorite of mine), the comedy was good (quite a few laughs - the mole without his glasses, Aniki not really knowing how to use a gun [HA! I knew it!]), the lead is loveable (Simon can be quite wimpy but he has his moments), even the enemies are cool (ironic how they make fun of the humans, but they act very human themselves). I love that the mecha expressions imitate what the user feels. And Leeron is a fruitcake.

The only things I'm not really "getting" yet are Yoko and Aniki... I'm not really seeing what Yoko's purpose is but to be the beautiful busty babe - for looking (well, perhaps for touching too) but not for exploring the personality of. And Aniki seems to be the overconfident guy who helps bring Simon out of his meekness, but he's not all that appealing to me yet... the end (with him discovering his father's corpse) did help though. (Although, if they wanted to throw in a huge twist, it could be that his father gave the cape and bracelet to say, a loved one, and the corpse really isn't his father's... that sort of thing happens in anime sometimes. )

But then again... there's the rest of the series ahead of me for figuring them out. It's only episode two, after all.

It may just be because I found the first ep stiff (action packed, but still stiff) that I liked ep two so much more, but it really was enjoyable. I'll watch it again before giving it a rating. (What's happening? This is the second mecha series I've latched onto this season... it'd be hilarious if Yoko controlled Imber.)

Now please excuse me, I need to go see episode three.

(Right, before I forget... It's totally, completely Vexx's fault that I got hooked onto Gurren Lagann. If it hadn't been for your recommendation, I'd have probably dropped it after episode one. Thank you! )
Closed Thread