AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-04-03, 19:40   Link #661
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Is it me or is the animation quality really off? Overall I feel like the show is just a bunch of moe blobs trying to sell singles.
Art quality can be bleh at times.

The ANIMATION, however, is fucking fantastic, as expected of a KyoAni show.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 19:49   Link #662
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Is it me or is the animation quality really off? (...) Basically the op was pretty damn good, and from the animation quality of the op to show, i precieved a big dive in quality.
yup, I think so too... and for some reason it reminded me of White Album..

well, I like it and I'll keep watching it - I'll get used to the animation in no time... but really, doesn't anyone else notice?

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 20:04   Link #663
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well was an alright first episode. Yui at this point feel like the weak point to it.
Old 2009-04-03, 20:04   Link #664
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara View Post
yup, I think so too... and for some reason it reminded me of White Album..

well, I like it and I'll keep watching it - I'll get used to the animation in no time... but really, doesn't anyone else notice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post

Different opinion is different.
Old 2009-04-03, 20:06   Link #665
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

mm... well given the current economical downturn, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see even KyoAni being hit by it, but do you have any specific example?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 20:08   Link #666
shakeofinfinity
Learning the Guitar

Love the satsugai moment, looking foward to the next episode lol
shakeofinfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 20:11   Link #667
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post

some parts of the animation are starkly uncharacteristic of kyoani style. Also the picture quality isn't that great, ever thing seems less detail oreinted. Animation for the OP on the other hand was awesome, and that kind of set the bar fairly high. I mean of the two music oriented animes i have seen beck and nodame, it definietly falls into the beck quality of instrumentation and animation but since there was no guitar busting solos none of that animation quality can be inferred upon yet except for what was seen in the op.

@duo 2ch is calling for their meme back kthx
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 20:13   Link #668
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Why, they can have it back. Thank for letting me use it.

Well, I have no problem about the animation. It's nowhere near Gundam 00's quality, but I can't say I notice anything that's bad either =/
Old 2009-04-03, 20:16   Link #669
Nosauz

Well my main gripe is animation comparison to say clannad, where as in this show I find that many details about the characters are some what "off" in a sense. Or at least the art direction is not that of typical kyo ani standards. Doesn't mean its bad but from my "preception" its that there is a lack of quality, only time will tell if that statement is true or not but from kyoani's previous portfolio of work this would be considered an drop in quality.
Old 2009-04-03, 20:18   Link #670
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Well my main gripe is animation comparison to say clannad, where as in this show I find that many details about the characters are some what "off" in a sense. Or at least the art direction is not that of typical kyo ani standards. Doesn't mean its bad but from my "preception" its that there is a lack of quality, only time will tell if that statement is true or not but from kyoani's previous portfolio of work this would be considered an drop in quality.
I don't think it's fair to compare Clannad and K-On. Instead, let's use Lucky Star.
Unless you know the amount of budget they use for K-On and Clannad.
Old 2009-04-03, 20:19   Link #671
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

My only problem i see with the animation is how the drum sound does not entirely match the animation.

But there is no way that i would focus my view onto the drum when we have four (actually three) girls playing instrument right next to it xD

The lower animation quality (compare to OP) is expectable, but i can't find any even after rewatching. So certainly i can't file any complaints to animation department
Old 2009-04-03, 20:20   Link #672
typhonsentra

Quote:
\
@duo 2ch is calling for their meme back kthx
Oh yeah? Welll... the jerk store called and they say they're running out of YOU!
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 20:21   Link #673
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I don't think it's fair to compare Clannad and K-On. Instead, let's use Lucky Star.
Unless you know the amount of budget they use for K-On and Clannad.
well for me this show would probably have the budget of say hyakko which was really well done. I have no facts saying that they do but hyakko defineitly reminds me of something like k-on, your school life/slice of life mix mash, and maybe thats why my expectations are high.

@typhonsentra: blah blah blah.... see what i did there?
Old 2009-04-03, 20:23   Link #674
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Now is it the animation that is being complained about or some of the artwork that was animated? What is the difference? One is the ability to move each frame fluidly, the other is the ability to draw.

Some of the art was lackluster, but that might be style related. (Super Deformed sometimes spreads regionally on the body)
I didn't see any problems with the animation of the artwork.
Old 2009-04-03, 20:24   Link #675
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Seen this in the previews, never really paid much attention to it.

But seems many are interested in it. Might take a looky.
Old 2009-04-03, 20:26   Link #676
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

well, I'm not condemning them or anything - just saying that the art and animation quality are a bit low comparing to their other animes like Munto TV or Lucky Star or Clannad...

But I'm not attacking them - even if they have a low budget they could do a lot of things to improve the quality... see SHAFT for example - they're a low budget animation company- and all of their works are great to me.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Now is it the animation that is being complained about or some of the artwork that was animated? What is the difference? One is the ability to move each frame fluidly, the other is the ability to draw.

Some of the art was lackluster, but that might be style related. (Super Deformed sometimes spreads regionally on the body)
I didn't see any problems with the animation of the artwork.
yes, I'm sorry my mistake - it's the artwork. the animation is fine... it's the artwork that really bugs me.. like..

look at ritsu's legs D:
Spoiler for space:

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind

Last edited by vandakiara; 2009-04-03 at 20:36.
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 20:37   Link #677
Kristen
*Author

Don't know if this has been said, but couple of things I just found out:

1. K-On! will be getting a Blu-Ray disk.
2. This will release on 7/29

A show generally wants to get 1 DVD out within a week of the last episode airing, at least, that's how it seems like it always has been. So, K-On! is looking to be a 2 season show by this.
Old 2009-04-03, 20:38   Link #678
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
It's not fair to compare K-ON! to Clannad since they are two completely different shows. Since K-ON! airs in 4:3 on TBS, we don't know exactly the true art/animation quality until the other stations air the 16:9 versions which brings out the true art/animation quality.
Old 2009-04-03, 21:06   Link #679
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara View Post
...it's the artwork that really bugs me.. like.. look at ritsu's legs D:
Spoiler for space:
I noticed those things, but they didn't bother me much. They are certainly different from the KyoAni norm, however.

I actually like the rather boneless hands here and in Lucky Star, since they move so much and so well. The rough-seeming drawing, however, reminds me of Noein, and also of the more distant scenes in The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. In the case of Noein, I remember people saying that they simplified the drawing to make more frames of movement possible to do cheaply. Does that sound right?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 21:08   Link #680
Nosauz

the op is definietly got me hooked to the show, the guitar playing animation is superb and the music that these moe "blobs" and with the bonelessness quality actually could classify them as "blobs" is pretty good for jpop.

Tags
comedy, light music, seinen