AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-21, 15:06   Link #21
sayde

I think the one and only part of this chapter I found interesting was a statement from Renji that perplexed me to no end:
Quote:
These past 17 months, I've been training to be able to fight Aizen.
Umm...excuse me Renji. But isn't Aizen still in prison without any powers (except for immortality)? Why would you want to (or even need to) spend 17 months training to fight Aizen now? Is Kubo foreshadowing something for the next chapter? Did Aizen already escape, get his powers back, and is already plotting something right now? Or was the translation I read faulty? Perhaps what Renji really stated was something along the lines of spending the last 17 months trying to reach Aizen's old level of strength? (which sounds laughable, but admirable nonetheless)
Old 2011-09-21, 15:19   Link #22
haegar
mangaviking

yes laughable indeed. but maybe for one Renji is sharp on the uptake and is sure Asizen will crawl out of his hole again sooner rather than later - and since our boy still holds a grudge from that guy being mean to Rukia... there is also the fact that he won't surpass Byakuya by aiming for him... to get to Byakuya's level he has to aim "higher"

As for what Kubo might or might not foreshadow with this ... not sure if worth reading into all things considered ^^
Old 2011-09-21, 15:21   Link #23
Aqua Knight

Come on Renji's line should have been said by Hitsugay
Aizen is main rival for hurting his precious Momo.
Old 2011-09-21, 15:32   Link #24
haegar
mangaviking

Hitsugaya: I will train to fight Aizen once he breaks loose. He hurt Momo.
Konamurra: NOOO, I will train to fight Aizen, he corrupted Tousen.
Byakuya: NOOOOOO, I will fight him, and I don't need to train cause I am a Kuchiki... and btw he dared to kinda rape my little sis, so my Kuchiki pride dictates I shall slay him without drawing my Zanpakotou. However, - that doesn't give you dorks the right to train as if you had the right to fight him in the first place ...
Zaraki: AAAHHH shaddap you conceited fuck. I am bored, so I'm not gonna wait till he breaks out, I'll free him now so I can have a good fight (Yachiru: Ehehehehehe IKEEEE Ken-chan!!!!)
Matsumoto: You stupid men, I will train to fight him cause he took away Gin...
Mayuri: Nobody's gonna fight him, I am currently running an experiment on his body that must not be disturbed ...
etc....
Aizen: Just as planned, Soul Souciety is falling apart over my imprisonment.
Old 2011-09-21, 15:36   Link #25
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
yes laughable indeed. but maybe for one Renji is sharp on the uptake and is sure Asizen will crawl out of his hole again sooner rather than later
lol. It's one thing for the readers to see it coming, but if the characters themselves also think it's going to happen, then I guess it's actually going to happen--which would be fine by me.
Quote:
there is also the fact that he won't surpass Byakuya by aiming for him... to get to Byakuya's level he has to aim "higher"
I like that. It's funny, but it makes a lot sense.
Quote:
As for what Kubo might or might not foreshadow with this ... not sure if worth reading into all things considered ^^
Normally I'd agree. But since Aizen's the only reason I'm keeping up with this manga right now, I have to hope there's more to Renji's claim than meets the eye.
Old 2011-09-21, 16:19   Link #26
Ushio the Omega

http://forums.bleachexile.com/showthread.php?t=52178

After this "short arc" finishes there is one more and then Bleach thankfully ends.

Bleach shit since chapter 179.
Old 2011-09-21, 16:25   Link #27
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post

After this "short arc" finishes there is one more and then Bleach thankfully ends.

Oh come now, 180 was fun too.
Old 2011-09-21, 16:34   Link #28
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post

I am not sure you're allowed to link to exile because they host manga and downloads

Chapter is out, huh...I am not in a rush to read it. The spoilers were disappointing
Old 2011-09-21, 16:46   Link #29
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Chapter is out, huh...I am not in a rush to read it. The spoilers were disappointing
The chapter was disappointing.
Old 2011-09-21, 16:58   Link #30
kagato3

Wait, somethings wrong. Renji isn't loseing. How can vice captain Jobber not be loseing? this does not compute ..... error error errrrrrrroooorrrr.... the only way to win is not to play.... I can feel my mind going.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2011-09-21, 17:05   Link #31
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
The chapter was disappointing.
The whole arc is disappointing...
Though i would be a bit more interested in these fights if they involved the humans instead of the shinigami... the humans have such a pathetic fighting record that I would atleast believe in the fullbringers standing some semblance of a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
No I meant Ichigo...it's right before Isshin shows up in FKT. Aizen was telling the Ichigo the reason that he has been doing the stalker-thing since Ichigo was a baby....he said the "Child of a Human and ...... "

Ichigo didn't hear that last part
Well... considering how Isshin is a shinigami, he most certainly can't be the "Human" so the human must have been ichigo's mother... and this was before Ichigo found out about Isshin. based on that some people might draw the conclusion that full phrase was "the Child of a Human and a shinigami"... but I'm sure all that logic is just crazy talk. Clearly Aizen was talking about a fullbringer even though it does not fit into any line of logic there.
Old 2011-09-21, 19:08   Link #32
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Renji telling us that he was training for 17 months "to fight Aizen" is not declaring that he wants to fight Aizen, he is using Aizen as an inspiration. It looks like it's doing great, because his Bankai sucks and the only way to use it efficiently is to be tanky.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-09-21, 19:29   Link #33
Sinta

Renji actually looked cool this chapter nice!
Old 2011-09-21, 19:32   Link #34
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Renji telling us that he was training for 17 months "to fight Aizen" is not declaring that he wants to fight Aizen, he is using Aizen as an inspiration.
Still, if that was indeed how Kubo wanted us to interpret his statement, there had to be much better (and clearer) ways to put it. Because as an inspirational claim, it sounds a little silly worded like that.
*edit*
I'm not trying to claim your wrong however. It's a comment/complaint more so directed at Kubo.
Old 2011-09-21, 19:33   Link #35
Alchemist007
*Author

He knows Aizen will get free soon and wants to stay ahead of the curve.
Old 2011-09-21, 20:22   Link #36
BlueCosmos

Aizen did whoop a good bit of captain VC ass so it's safe to say they won't get over it until they get some revenge to put it simply They got their man cards revoked
Old 2011-09-21, 21:24   Link #37
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Don't shinigami live for hundreds of years? Is it normal for one to power up this much in a year and a half? If all shinigami power increased this much in only a year and a half then the old man should of been able to rip aizen in half with his eye brows or something.

But alas, logic has no place in shounen....
Old 2011-09-21, 21:31   Link #38
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
Don't shinigami live for hundreds of years? Is it normal for one to power up this much in a year and a half? If all shinigami power increased this much in only a year and a half then the old man should of been able to rip aizen in half with his eye brows or something.
lmfao, that would be something indeed. Chapter was meh except Renji, who was pretty boss in this chap. Too bad couple chapters from now he'll be leaking out his chest by some new antagonist.
Old 2011-09-21, 21:38   Link #39
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Don't shinigami live for hundreds of years?
Yes, but did they experience a series of high-level threats like this throughout their history? I don't think so, except for the Visoreds. Back then, Hueco Mundo probably did not have the interest to lay siege on Soul Society, and Soul Society appears to be a pacifist territory (in my opinion) before Ichigo enters the scene.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-09-21, 21:57   Link #40
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post

But alas, logic has no place in shounen....
In the shingami's defense, Kubo has yet to fully establish how much these shinigami have grown over the time skip. Because whether it was his intention or not, about the only thing he's successfully done so far is make many of the fullbringers seem incredibly weak. Having Renji wipe the floor with one of them ultimately doesn't do very much to make Renji seem like he's drastically improved IMO.

Though I do agree with your general point. It's rather unbelievable for some of these shinigami to aim to double or triple their strength over the course of a year-and-a-half when almost all of them have spent well over a century just to obtain their initial VC or Captain level of power from the start of this series. It's as if some of them are telling themselves "If Ichigo can do it, then so can I!"

The sad part is, there's a good a chance they'll actually pull it off in order to remain relevant in the plot against the new (more powerful) threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Yes, but did they experience a series of high-level threats like this throughout their history? I don't think so, except for the Visoreds. Back then, Hueco Mundo probably did not have the interest to lay siege on Soul Society, and Soul Society appears to be a pacifist territory (in my opinion) before Ichigo enters the scene.
True. But even assuming Soul Society remained relatively peaceful between the end of the TBtP arc and the beginning of the series, many of these shinigami have all had their own personal motivations for continuing to train hard regardless of peaceful times. Renji in particular has always had his eyes set on surpassing Byakuya as soon as possible. So it's safe to assume he's among one of those characters who's spent decades constantly training and remaining vigilant about growing stronger. Therefore, if he were to suddenly double his power after less than two years of doing nothing more than extra training, I'd probably have to roll my eyes unless the training was explained in a way to make sense of such drastic progression.

On another note, if aiming for a more powerful rival was the new plan to inspire a faster rate of growth, he should've been trying to play catch-up to the old-man long before Aizen became the big-bad.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-09-22 at 14:17.
Closed Thread