AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-05-24, 19:26   Link #3501
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
Also, a neat fact: Did you know that Ako has a reputation of being an enjo kosai? Especially in doujins. Nao Toyama, Ako's VA, was surprised that when she was recording Ako's Character Song, the sound director asked her not to make Ako sound erotic.

...She still sounds very erotic though.
When her mahjong skill was revealed, that is, always going for cheap hands, people kinda relate that to her being cheap as well, that further lead to the perception she is available for enjo kosai for really cheap. Of course, not to mention her ojousama air as well.

Of course, people made images that float around as well, in agreement of this.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 20:07   Link #3502
Sol Falling

Ako is erotic, but the whole enjo kousai business is just dumb/filthy otaku being in terribly bad taste. Seriously, can't a girl just be hot stuff without being slandered. This kind of talk really has no place being within a franchise/fandom like Saki, but I guess sad little fucks can't help sexualizing/objectifying girls in a disrespectful manner even within a yuri series.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 20:19   Link #3503
XGeneral2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Ako is erotic, but the whole enjo kousai business is just dumb/filthy otaku being in terribly bad taste. Seriously, can't a girl just be hot stuff without being slandered. This kind of talk really has no place being within a franchise/fandom like Saki, but I guess sad little fucks can't help sexualizing/objectifying girls in a disrespectful manner even within a yuri series.
I sense some anger here

Yeah, it's pretty dumb, but it's also not surprising, and I've just learned to deal with people turning every character ever into some kind of slut. Pictures like Ako's "4 days remaining" one don't help. Oh well, what can you do.
XGeneral2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 20:28   Link #3504
The Green One

Anonymity seems to be taken as an excuse to act like an idiot by some people in this vast electronic sea of ours.
The Green One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 06:58   Link #3505
Peanutbutter

I just read something...

VA for Satoha:

Spoiler:

It's confirmed.

Spoiler for proof with an image, showing a new team as well:

Spoiler for Thoughts on Rinkai:
Old 2013-05-25, 17:15   Link #3506
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

I learned somthing in this Episode 16. Ryuuka have a Mihoko-like analysis ability.
Old 2013-05-25, 21:19   Link #3507
Peanutbutter

Just realised something.

The finals stage is an elevated platform. It is a mountain by any other means.

They are really gonna stretch this Shizuno taking over the mountain/Saki blooming on the mountain thing.
Old 2013-05-26, 01:37   Link #3508
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post
I learned somthing in this Episode 16. Ryuuka have a Mihoko-like analysis ability.
And thats like... not found in the manga itself? (IIRC it is Anime Original.)
Old 2013-05-26, 03:41   Link #3509
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Yep, it's anime-only. Likely to make it that Ryuuka isn't TOTALLY dependent on Toki, unlike in the manga.
Old 2013-05-26, 04:43   Link #3510
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Yep, it's anime-only. Likely to make it that Ryuuka isn't TOTALLY dependent on Toki, unlike in the manga.
First: Is it even allowed to say anything that is anime-only (The ability.), but still follows the manga in this thread?

Second: True, from the manga I can see she is quite dependent on Toki/Tulpa Toki. (But, that ability seems to be a double-edged sword unlike Mihoko's.)
Old 2013-05-26, 04:58   Link #3511
night_sentinel

I think Ryuuka's .... wait what do we call that? Heat vision? lol is actually a good call by the anime staff. It at least preserved some dignity to Ryuuka's character so as Myssa Rei said she would not be totally dependent on Toki.

That and I like the nice heat vision effect.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 08:19   Link #3512
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
I think Ryuuka's .... wait what do we call that? Heat vision? lol is actually a good call by the anime staff. It at least preserved some dignity to Ryuuka's character so as Myssa Rei said she would not be totally dependent on Toki.

We can give any name, but considering her ability is related to heat temperature, so... yeah....

Though that ability needs to be explained... Especially the "how it works" part. (I can get setback of the ability.)
Old 2013-05-26, 09:50   Link #3513
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
We can give any name, but considering her ability is related to heat temperature, so... yeah....

Though that ability needs to be explained... Especially the "how it works" part. (I can get setback of the ability.)
Ryuuka was mentioned as the highest average point earner in her region due to her skill and predictive abilities in her intro by the announcer for that match in the anime. My take on Ryuuka's anime only ability is when she uses it she's revving her body's sensitivity to the max to be able to read the more subtle cues of her opponents bodies, such as the changes to their body temperature to be able to predict the changes to her opponent's status. As her opponents reach Tenpai she can pick up on the ques that not even their poker faces can hide and be ready to take action.

I suppose doing this is a strain on her though but I find it funny that Toki, the queen of overdoing it, is urging her to be careful.
The Green One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 13:07   Link #3514
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post

Reminds me of those Predator movies. Now if she had Momo's ability to turn invisible......
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 13:45   Link #3515
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

whoops. There's goes the surprise that Himematsu wins the quarters.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 16:11   Link #3516
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Just finished volume 11 of the original storyline. Wow, impressive twist...
Spoiler:

I didn't think the series would go in a serious direction. For people ahead of volume 11, have they revealed more about Saki's past yet?
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 17:34   Link #3517
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Just finished volume 11 of the original storyline. Wow, impressive twist...
Spoiler:

I didn't think the series would go in a serious direction. For people ahead of volume 11, have they revealed more about Saki's past yet?
not yet. probably saving it for when the finals come around, hopefully not later. Also there are a lot of family problems in Saki.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 20:36   Link #3518
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
When her mahjong skill was revealed, that is, always going for cheap hands, people kinda relate that to her being cheap as well, that further lead to the perception she is available for enjo kosai for really cheap. Of course, not to mention her ojousama air as well.

It makes sense on lots of levels. With her transferring out of Achiga and telling Shizuno she has to be able to "calculate," she comes off as someone who will sell their principles/honor for short-term gain.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 22:29   Link #3519
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
not yet. probably saving it for when the finals come around, hopefully not later. Also there are a lot of family problems in Saki.
Can't wait. As for family problems, only Nodoka and Koromo come to mind. Perhaps all the godly players are motivated by some intense family matter.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 03:34   Link #3520
Serperior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post

Actually, that's a misconception. It's actually the other way around. People in 2ch associated her with being a prostitute since she looks like Yuuki doesn't she? She was an innocent child then she grew up to be so erotic-like.

/a/ thought that 2ch thought that it's because of her cheap hands, which makes sense in western-speaking countries, but not in Japan.
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri