Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-28, 18:07   Link #261
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Ace is fast, especially if you take into account his devil fruit ability that would allow him to reach far/high places quite easily. And the same can be said for other typical Logia users as well. Unless they go to Blackbeard (normally they don't, that is what makes their abilities highly effective), Blackbeard needs to bring them to his hand-touch to use his powers on them.
Ace was standing completely still when Blackbeard used that ability. How can speed be a factor on someone that's not even moving?
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-09-28, 18:13   Link #262
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
Ace was standing completely still when Blackbeard used that ability. How can speed be a factor on someone that's not even moving?
I am not talking about what we had seen, rather what we would have seen if BB wouldn't have such a power. Logia ability gives its user the ability to scatter to a large area and use long-range attacks without taking a lot of risks.
Old 2009-09-28, 18:28   Link #263
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
I am not talking about what we had seen, rather what we would have seen if BB wouldn't have such a power. Logia ability gives its user the ability to scatter to a large area and use long-range attacks without taking a lot of risks.
For the first part of that fight we did see what it would be like if BB didn't have that ability, because he didn't use it and Ace was not aware that he had it. What we saw was Ace still wasn't moving all that fast. And even if he was, not all logia users are fast. Crocodile isn't fast, Aokiji isn't fast, Smoker isn't really fast; I don't see what point your trying to make with this. Especially considering there are some non logia users that are fast as well.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-09-28, 18:38   Link #264
Blackbeard D. Kuma

@cheese4u - what makes makes the darkness fruit superior to Haki is the fact the fact that it guarantees its user to hit someone no matter what. Like Blackbeard said, there is absolutely nothing that can escape its gravitational pull. Whereas for a Haki user, they have to actually work for their hits, and even then the devil fruit users always have a chance to defend themselves (like Kizaru against Rayleigh). When in Blackbeard's grasp, devil fruit users are practically defenseless since their powers are shut off, but Haki does not shut off devil fruit abilities.
Old 2009-09-28, 20:20   Link #265
longnose-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Pryde View Post
off topic..but can anyone on the marines side beat jose besides mihawk, and maybe sengoku? Im guessing kizaru's light wuld just refelct off and i doubt ice will do anything and last i checked lava cant melt diamond.
Mabey Garp or Kuma
Old 2009-09-29, 03:50   Link #266
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
By the way, I believe that next chapter we'll finally reach Zoro's ministory! Seeing as this is (presumably) the last of the Straw-Hat ministories, it should be quite interesting, indeed. Heh, I really can't help but wonder what sort of humiliation Perona might be putting poor Zoro through.....
Zoro is, arguably, the second most important character, so it stands to reason that of all the Strawhats, Zoro would deserve some actual screentime, as opposed to the two pages of updates that constitute the ministories. So, I am wondering if Oda won't actualy devote some real screentime to Zoro's story...if it is important enough, that is...whatever the case, we should know in a few hours.
Old 2009-09-29, 06:03   Link #267
andy

Last edited by andy; 2009-09-29 at 07:51.
Old 2009-09-29, 07:31   Link #268
sanzolim

LOL..

@ andy... you'll get banned from arlong park... hahah.. just kidding
Old 2009-09-29, 07:50   Link #269
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanzolim View Post
LOL..

@ andy... you'll get banned from arlong park... hahah.. just kidding

well i better edited , don't want to take the chance.
Old 2009-09-29, 08:02   Link #270
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

I already read the spoiler you posted LOL...
@ andy
did u do something wrong...?
Old 2009-09-29, 08:40   Link #271
rajin
Banned

By the way, Nja phrased it in a way ssaying Moria might be out of the picture from the blow.
But this is just Nja stating his opinion, take it with salt, pepper, and a grain of curry.
Old 2009-09-29, 09:19   Link #272
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Zoro is, arguably, the second most important character, so it stands to reason that of all the Strawhats, Zoro would deserve some actual screentime, as opposed to the two pages of updates that constitute the ministories. So, I am wondering if Oda won't actualy devote some real screentime to Zoro's story...if it is important enough, that is...whatever the case, we should know in a few hours.

Y'know, I've actually been thinking about this.... and I have a feeling that the ministory won't merely end after getting two chapters of Zoro's story. See, even if you combine all of the Straw-Hat stories together, that only leaves 18 chapters. The average length of the ministories are usually around 30-ish chapters, so something tells me that the Straw-Hat stories are far from over.......
Closed Thread