Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-11, 15:35   Link #841
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
And about Nanoha StrikerS, seeing Hayate Yagami shafted and stuck to a borderline-background character role makes me sad. Next, you'll see her shifted to Arf and Yuuno league: cameo-only. Poor planning? Lack of creative juice? Combination of the both?
Hmm true, when the writers gave Hayate a role between a background character and main character. I was dissapointed but in general StrikerS was pretty good (in my opinion). Not as amazing as A's but still pretty good.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2007-10-11, 16:05   Link #842
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by narmi View Post
Hmm true, when the writers gave Hayate a role between a background character and main character. I was dissapointed but in general StrikerS was pretty good (in my opinion). Not as amazing as A's but still pretty good.
Welllllll it's not like she was really a central character in the first place. In A's she didn't have any real plot importance as a character in the series until the final fight, and even then it wasn't on the level of Nanoha or Fate, it was just as the master of the Book of Darkness
Old 2007-10-11, 16:54   Link #843
Ultenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Definitely not the worst anime ever, but School Days was definitely the worst of the season for me.
I dunno, I kinda liked the idea behind it. Basically it was a parady of harem anime in a way. It did what most guys that I know around that age would have done, if they actually managed to get into a harem situation like that. And it gave what can be sometimes the real consequences of acting in that manner. I'm sure a lot of people that watch harem anime constantly think of "it would be so cool if so and so got with so and so and was able to do all the hot chicks" or something like that, because that's what harem anime's play to. Men's desire to be surrounded and the center of attention of multiple women. Basically School Days took that and ripped on it by showing what could REALLY happen if you actually treated people like that, and I thought it was a novel and unique take on it.
Old 2007-10-11, 17:44   Link #844
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
I dunno, I kinda liked the idea behind it. Basically it was a parady of harem anime in a way. It did what most guys that I know around that age would have done, if they actually managed to get into a harem situation like that. And it gave what can be sometimes the real consequences of acting in that manner. I'm sure a lot of people that watch harem anime constantly think of "it would be so cool if so and so got with so and so and was able to do all the hot chicks" or something like that, because that's what harem anime's play to. Men's desire to be surrounded and the center of attention of multiple women. Basically School Days took that and ripped on it by showing what could REALLY happen if you actually treated people like that, and I thought it was a novel and unique take on it.
The problem doesn't lie with the premise, the problem lies with School Days not adapting as a hentai game into an anime very well.
Old 2007-10-11, 17:55   Link #845
himemiya613

dragon balls, yu gi oh, beyblade and naruto were the worst for me

i thought school days was great...
Old 2007-10-11, 19:47   Link #846
Ultenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougi Shiki View Post
The problem doesn't lie with the premise, the problem lies with School Days not adapting as a hentai game into an anime very well.
True true, the execution was weak, it just seemed people were writing it off possibly because they didn't like the overall story, which I thought had merit. But yes, execution was weak, and I've seen more fanservice from shoujo manga conversions to anime, so you definitely didn't get what you paid for if you wanted to watch it for that either imo.
Old 2007-10-11, 20:33   Link #847
Oppius
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satomi87 View Post
Ouran High School Host Club
Even I ask myself why this anime fail to impress me.Maybe because I'm a girl who prefers more masculine men than bishielicious teenage man-whores.
Finally somebody agrees with me...

I also have same opinion though.I don't hate Ouran,I just think there are many better anime out there.
Old 2007-10-11, 20:51   Link #848
-Breakthrough-

Quote:
The female lead just too stupid.I wonder what inside her head.
All Miyaka did in the series was make some dumb decisions, whine and cry. It got pretty annoying.
Quote:
First two seasons of Nanoha were good, StrikerS was average to below average, overall the franchise stands above average, quite far from worst thing ever. My nominations for the worst anime ever still haven't changed - Soul Link and Cosprayers.
Agreed, to me, most of StrikerS seemed poorly planned, yet the anime had good potential. I probably rated it average, not saying it sucks, saying it had a lot of potential to do better in character development than those training episodes.
Quote:
Even I ask myself why this anime fail to impress me.Maybe because I'm a girl who prefers more masculine men than bishielicious teenage man-whores.
Only bit that annoyed me in the series was Hikaru and Kauro's incest play yaoi.
Old 2007-10-15, 01:15   Link #849
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Lets see....
*picks up Naruto, InuYasha, and Kiddy Grade and flings them violently out the window*

oh wait....
*runs downstairs with a metal bat and grinds broken discs into dust against the pavement*

*sighhhhh* That felt good.

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Old 2007-10-15, 21:21   Link #850
hideFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Lets see....
*picks up Naruto, InuYasha, and Kiddy Grade and flings them violently out the window*

oh wait....
*runs downstairs with a metal bat and grinds broken discs into dust against the pavement*

*sighhhhh* That felt good.
-highfives quickly, then returns the the safehouse before the rabid Naruto fans raid them and eat them alive with thier magical fox spirits!-
Old 2007-10-15, 22:48   Link #851
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

hey fox spirits kick ass .. specialy Youko Kurama .. lay off the fox shit X'D
Old 2007-10-16, 12:00   Link #852
Kyomi
What do I know?

I don't mind Naruto besides for the overuse of fillers.
Not the best, but not awful either.
Old 2007-10-17, 19:17   Link #853
hideFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
hey fox spirits kick ass .. specialy Youko Kurama .. lay off the fox shit X'D
Rofl. I miss Kurama... My email from Yahoo is still Youko_kurama with numbers after it, from back in the good ol' rp days.
Old 2007-10-17, 19:23   Link #854
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by hideFan View Post
Rofl. I miss Kurama... My email from Yahoo is still Youko_kurama with numbers after it, from back in the good ol' rp days.
Kurama is my favorite in YuYu Hakusho. His apperance is enough to make the guys and girls go "ga ga" for him.

I'll only shoot my 12 gauge at the movie.
Old 2007-10-17, 20:08   Link #855
hideFan

Getting back on topic...

Virus Buster Surge Was pretty awful story and dialouge wise, but I wouldnt use it as a frisbee... The characters are too sexy D:!
Old 2007-10-21, 07:51   Link #856
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I don't hate any anime yat but I look to them from the good side
and please don't hate ouran it's so good and naruto and Inuyasha
Old 2007-10-21, 19:19   Link #857
Oppius
Banned

@The Chaos

I already told you that Ouran doesn't sucks.It just didn't impress me.Here's my rants about it and remember click it with your own risks.

Spoiler for rants:
Old 2007-10-21, 19:50   Link #858
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
@The Chaos

I already told you that Ouran doesn't sucks.It just didn't impress me.Here's my rants about it and remember click it with your own risks.

Spoiler for rants:
"Which all of them are men."?
That's a very controversial statement right there.

Anyhow, I think the worse I've ever seen was Crayon Shin Chan. I saw a third of an episode, and that was it. I know it's generally bad to drop a series based on a few minutes of one episode, but this one was just begging for it. The animation/character designs were horrid, and the whole thing overall seemed pointless. There wasn't a story that I could see.
Old 2007-10-21, 19:56   Link #859
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
"Which all of them are men."?
That's a very controversial statement right there.

Anyhow, I think the worse I've ever seen was Crayon Shin Chan. I saw a third of an episode, and that was it. I know it's generally bad to drop a series based on a few minutes of one episode, but this one was just begging for it. The animation/character designs were horrid, and the whole thing overall seemed pointless. There wasn't a story that I could see.
Damn straight! In where I come from, we used to have Crayon Shin Chan, and I was extremely annoyed! Good thing I discontinued before I could go nuts... stupid "elephant"!
Old 2007-10-21, 20:13   Link #860
Sekai_Isao
Ariaholic

Send a message via MSN to Sekai_Isao
The last (freaking one hundred!) episodes of Naruto were horrible. Would have been better to stop the show than wait for the manga to go farther. I can't really think of anything else, probably because I steer clear of alot.
Closed Thread