AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-30, 16:40   Link #61
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Lily character design is just what I imagined her to be, well, close~ ^^
Futabasha Monster is more fervent than MFbooks... and that's kind of bad on my wallet orz

Kind of surprised that Mana is using a shield, or maybe I just forgot about it
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 18:42   Link #62
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
Lily character design is just what I imagined her to be, well, close~ ^^
Futabasha Monster is more fervent than MFbooks... and that's kind of bad on my wallet orz

Kind of surprised that Mana is using a shield, or maybe I just forgot about it
If I'm not mistaken, Takahiro only gives Mana a shield and no weapons because he doesn't trust "humans".
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 12:41   Link #63
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Guess I miss that little fact, I thought he didn't give her anything at all (I should re reread the first part), and have Rose stick with her, or in another words, watch her.
Old 2014-08-31, 14:32   Link #64
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Whoa, amazing....

Spoiler for 29~30:

If I'm reading this right, apparently the book version added more "Lily perspective" bits.

Last edited by Okashira; 2014-09-01 at 14:33.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 14:47   Link #65
Kioras

From what has been posted, a lot of the novels added needed fleshing out for the characters and tightened up the story a bit.

Did Takahiro just dump Kato Mana off when they got to a human settlement/safe area, or did he learn to at least trust her slightly?
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 15:10   Link #66
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
Did Takahiro just dump Kato Mana off when they got to a human settlement/safe area, or did he learn to at least trust her slightly?
Spoiler:

Last edited by Okashira; 2014-08-31 at 17:35.
Old 2014-08-31, 16:08   Link #67
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for :
Old 2014-09-01, 02:23   Link #68
Trikr

Quote:
Whoa, amazing....

[spoiler=29~30]
It's wonderul how the series hinted that there is the presence of a "maoh like" villain being that humany has to battle, to later disprove that and show us again how the only evil of the world, is the one in the heart of men.
BTW is the current antagonist one of the transported earthlings, or some natives do have Abilities (cheats) as well ? And were there other students like MC unlocked their not-so-obvious cheat abilities after the Fall of Colony mess ?
Spoiler for from what i understood from MT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Spoiler for :
Well, to begin with, since the poor girl is completely dependent from him in the monsterland, she doesn't really have option to afford herself to be bitchy.

Last edited by Trikr; 2014-09-01 at 02:39.
Trikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 14:21   Link #69
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

@kioras:
and added more content to reach the quota of the book~

@Trikr:
Spoiler:
Old 2014-09-01, 15:27   Link #70
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
Spoiler:

Speaking off, I'm kinda interesting on some bits....

Spoiler:
Old 2014-09-01, 16:59   Link #71
thatoneguy

hey this looks like a really good novel and i am going to read it later today or tomorrow but can someone give me an idea on how fast the translations are
Old 2014-09-02, 06:05   Link #72
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Finally caught up with te latest chapter. Definitely an interesting read...updates kinda' random though huh?
Quote:
Spoiler:
Looking forward to that as well. I always did like her from her introduction. Her presence and overall personality really helped in fixing his trust issues as well. Oh, but wait...
Spoiler:
Old 2014-09-02, 07:49   Link #73
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Finally caught up with te latest chapter. Definitely an interesting read...updates kinda' random though huh?

Looking forward to that as well. I always did like her from her introduction. Her presence and overall personality really helped in fixing his trust issues as well. Oh, but wait...
Spoiler:
marigold, acacia, chrysanthemums and to a certain extent, cypress, lily as well as rose ... I'm personally have more favor on Acacia since it represent both life and death.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 11:16   Link #74
nacer666

Isn't silane the little girl's aunt?
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 12:37   Link #75
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Mikihiko : A guy looking extremely tired in the morning, with a girl in the same room.... Cou- Could this be that legendary "Last night was wonderful" (<- female voice) moment!?

Takahiro : I'm weak on cold mornings, you should know of this already.

Mikihiko : Ah. Certainly. Tahahaha. My bad.... But, Takahiro coming up with that non-chalant refutal; doesn't that mean that I hit the mark, Mizushima-san?

Mizushima : E? Ah, Hn.----- What should I say now? Fufu.

Mikihiko : SUS ・ PI ・ CIO ・ US!? She is happy I asked!
Obviously there it was some tentacle rape going on, during the previous night I didn't added some bits about Miki raging about not having such experience with who he likes, and I'm a little bit unsure about the last line.

Silan / Silane (still not sure on how to type this ) Is Kei / Kay's grandmother, I think? The little loli elf just calls her nee-sama, Takahiro's party killed her older brother group after they turned into ghouls, and Silan mentioned something in the lines of "it's a knight's disgrace to live off as a undead, and turn against your comrades".

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he writes on a "xx pages per day" schedule; if it's "time to update" and he has enough for two chapters he throws 2, and if it's "time to update" and he has less pages than what he wants for that chapter, he delays the "time to update"..... At least that the impression I got so far.

.... Basically I got the feeling that if he delays something a lot, we'll be compensated by lenght and lots of interesting stuff inside.

Last edited by Okashira; 2014-09-02 at 17:02.
Old 2014-09-02, 14:31   Link #76
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Spoiler:

Silane is too old to be aunt (even if she is, and an elf on top of that) thus nee-sama is more appropriate.

The update is weekly unless the author is delayed by RL works, around Sunday or Monday . The time switch to the next day if it's delayed, so it might be Tuesday for 3 weeks and if delayed again, turn into wednesday. The publication also (may) increase the motivation, notice that Shinka no Mi is getting updated recently due to green light, and the same thing can happen to this one.
Old 2014-09-02, 18:04   Link #77
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

^^ Thanks for the update info & scene translation, that was fun.

I think she is Kay's aunt of great aunt or something (well, they talk & act more like sisters anyway). They were related to one those ghouls? He did ask if they knew them & I thought it was only as fellow soldiers. Not sure but from what I can make out it seemed Kay's parents were one of the casualties of their frontier village? (or is it all the inaccurate info's in my head just merging messily)

Oh, If all goes well, Rose will probably become a life size Rozen Maiden eh? But you know, with an axe instead of frilly clothing.
Old 2014-09-02, 20:08   Link #78
Kaito Yamakage

This series....is hard to rate...

The story is good, though I hate how often they just break off in 2-5 chapter discussions in the middle of emergency situations. The monologue circles back and forth and stretches on forever. At some point I just started speed reading through the 6-7 paragraph blocks between each line of dialogue and I'm pretty sure I caught all the important detail.

It's not like those blocks of text were particularly detail heavy or story important, they were literally just "should I go left, or was right better, no maybe left is the best, but then in common psychology right is said to be the best?, maybe I should flip a coin?" Then if you were to write 8 paragraphs based on those thoughts that's kind of what I felt like I was reading at times.

Still the rest of it was good enough to put up with that... just a bit of a headache at times, but otherwise up to current good story.

Spoiler for 30:

Somehow I don't really feel satisfied though... both of those two ^ better die within the next few chapters.
Old 2014-09-02, 21:57   Link #79
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
They were related to one those ghouls? He did ask if they knew them & I thought it was only as fellow soldiers.
Hmmm.... For what I remember, Silane was pretty surprised when she saw the rings, then she mentioned that even if it was the rings only; it was fine, because there is people behind that as long as they don't know for sure, are waiting for news. During the funeral Takahiro mentioned that she was a little bit too emotinally invested in the funeral, and eventually she looked grim and started speaking about her older brother.... this is a funeral, right? Didn't she even properly mention that now it's only Kei and herself now, or did she not? So I just assumed the worse and read into by adding 1 + 1.... I Might be wrong, since I'm taking implied events as granted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
The story is good, though I hate how often they just break off in 2-5 chapter discussions in the middle of emergency situations. The monologue circles back and forth and stretches on forever. At some point I just started speed reading through the 6-7 paragraph blocks between each line of dialogue and I'm pretty sure I caught all the important detail.
One thing about this series is that "nothing happens". There is so far no "greater objective to fulfill"; Takahiro has taken like close to 30 chapters to see if the fort is decent enough to drop Mana there, and when it comes to battles hasn't most of the characters fought only once on what, 3 or 4 books worth of content?

Having "nothing going on" is irrelevant, and perhaps it helps as it's all about the character portrayal and interactions and their worries; which sometimes gives us some pretty fun conversations or build a pretty good ambiance..... Like, when Takahiro arrived to the fort, the reader could literally touch Takahiro's distrust and doubts--"You better get out of there NOW", I kept thinking; which was compelling at the time.

But of course, there is what you mentioned, since the character perspective is given too much weight; there are times where urgence is more than needed, but instead we get rougly 5 pages of characters presenting their stand on the obvious (Rose can somehow made this not look so bad, but even then this isn't good)..... I wonder if they are going to change some places where this is too bad that in the final book version? I mean, there is an editor advice there.

I get this feeling that a big chunk of the charm of the series is going to decay once Takahiro gains a proper "greater objective" and starts chasing after it, btw.
Old 2014-09-03, 05:37   Link #80
jheno13
Apostle's apprentice

Reading using MT..

Google...
Kato mana
Honyaku....
Kato shinsai
Online-translator.com...
Kato fish to eat

Need to learn Japanese...
Using 3MT to read...comparing 3 Translation result...

Tags
dimension traveling, fantasy, harem, monster girls, necrophilia, rape, romance, snusnu, suicide, webnovel