3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.86%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.58%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 2.88%
Voters: 347. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-04-14, 19:00   Link #221
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Yes, they do have the authority to black on investigation. The Titan's undue influence over the Earth Federation forces and politics is a major part of the series, culminating in the Federation Assembly in Dakar when the truth of the Titan's actions is finally released to the world and when the Federation Assembly actually realizes who their protectors are and what they do.

Jamitov, who heads the Titans, is a powerful enough man to stop any and all attempts by the better minded people of the Federation to put checks on the Titan's power while continually raising the specter of Zeon to give his private army more power and autonomy.

The people who called in the Titans are complicit in the coverup. The official story of 30 bunch, to those who know about it at all, was a catastrophic accident, and the Titan leadership has the ability to keep even that much on the down low.

Because the Titans covered it up, because Jamitov has that pull inside the EF. That was only shown in the series, like, half a dozen times.

It's the same reason that the Titans can nuke Jaburo, carpet bomb Hong Kong, and launch a surprise attack on the Lunar City of Von Braun; they have that much power. Anything they do in the name of opposing insurgents, they can cover up. What they can't is then blamed on terrorists and zeon sympathizers.

Hilarious from the guy who's led the conversation so far away from his initial and STILL unsupported claims of how Gundam 00's government is as retarded as the Atlantic Federation in Seed and Destiny (forgetting that you didn't even understand the events of Gundam Seed and Destiny). If you consent to answering the actual question, I'll gladly take Zeta talk to the Zeta thread.
and how is giving that person so much power smart?

The president doesn't have as much power as Jamitov does, and do you know the reason? The Founding Fathers where not idiots who give nearly all the power to one person. They put in checks and balances for a reason.

Let alone someone whose obviously isn't right in the head like Jamitov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Didn't I just touch on the difference between the Earth Federation people and the Earth Federation as the government? You need to be more specific. Everyone is set out to replace/reform the Earth Federation government at this point. What's best for the people is a matter of debate and opinion; just remember, however, that the AEUG's eventual victory merely led to a weaker government unable to respond to the events of Char's Counter Attack, V Gundam, and more wars in the Earth Sphere. From that perspective, an effective military dictatorship over a populace that has been beaten into sumbission could easily prevent those wars and deaths (though in the process of getting there they would certainly kill throngs of others until submission is reached).

The Earth Federation doesn't know the truth about Thirty Bunch, though; not even mid-low level Titans and EF personnel like Lila, Emma, and others know what really happened. Those who know are (a) not in the EF, or (b) complicit in the acts and cover up.

Also, the novels expand on the Thirty Bunch a bit more; it wasn't just a peaceful protest. The protest did grow out of control, and the protest ejected the Federation garrison while going onto more un-peaceful slogans. It was only after the regular Federation military was unable to restore order that the Titans went in and, as per Jamitov's manipulations, killed them all. The Federation is neither idiotic or Nazi in not knowing Jamitov's true intentions and means, when the Federation largely does not know what the Titans are up to.

Very well.
When someone says "maybe the Complete Monster is right", that tells me that Tomino needs to rethink what point his getting across. Tomino was a great director but frankly his early work tended to make the villains look better than the heroes due to how cynical his view of the world was.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 19:13   Link #222
nutype
Future MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Just want to check whether you know that I was actually in defense of the animation. Do read the previous page as well if you don't know I'm actually one of those who think 00 has some of the best animation of all Gundam.
im referring to that random guy that said 00 sucks because the animation dropped in s2, not you.

yes i know you are defending the animation.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 20:19   Link #223
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Well for the 3 people left who still like Gundam 00 and haven't gotten on the latest "trainwreck" bandwagon, here's to the movie.
Here Here!

@ Charred Knight: Is there really anything wrong with being cynical? I really enjoy stories that avoid black and white morality. Quoting TVTropes, MSG is the struggle between "the Earth Federation (corrupt, oppressing the colonies) and the Principality of Zeon (idealist freedom fighters... based on the Nazis)." In Zeta, despite a POV bias that whitewashes the AEUG, most of the people are doing what they believe is good, we're just led to believe that AEUG is the least evil of the three main forces. Heck, the most enjoyment I got out of Gundam Wing was when I realized that Treize was the good guy the entire time, and the Gundam pilots were doing what they thought was good, but were ultimately misguided.
Old 2009-04-14, 20:26   Link #224
Charred Knight

I am opposed to making psychotic people the good guys. Even Tomino regrets how cynical his early anime work was.
Old 2009-04-14, 20:40   Link #225
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I am opposed to making psychotic people the good guys.
Examples please, when was a psychotic person a "good guy" either protagonist or hero, not just doing what they believe is right. Note 1: Insane people think that whatever crazy idea gets into their head is good. Note 2: I am asking this inquisitively not argumentatively, I want to specifically know who you're referring to, not claiming that no one is.

Quote:
Even Tomino regrets how cynical his early anime work was.
He does. However, more people like the series of Gundam Zeta than the movies.
Old 2009-04-14, 20:55   Link #226
SuccumbDefeat

Hiya kids, now that the series is finished at least until the movie, I was wondering if there were any people interested joining an RP?

Message me if you are interested! <3
SuccumbDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 21:17   Link #227
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
Examples please, when was a psychotic person a "good guy" either protagonist or hero, not just doing what they believe is right. Note 1: Insane people think that whatever crazy idea gets into their head is good. Note 2: I am asking this inquisitively not argumentatively, I want to specifically know who you're referring to, not claiming that no one is.

He does. However, more people like the series of Gundam Zeta than the movies.
If Gihren Zabi wins than none of the sequel happens and the world is a much better place for having Neo-Hitler in charge.
Old 2009-04-14, 21:23   Link #228
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
and how is giving that person so much power smart?
You're asking that? Have you not paid any attention to the last eight years (let alone the last fifty)? Patriot Act? Jamitov was able to get more and more power for one of the oldest reasons ever; he convinced people that he could, would, and was making them safer from threats real and imagined.

Quote:
The president doesn't have as much power as Jamitov does, and do you know the reason? The Founding Fathers where not idiots who give nearly all the power to one person. They put in checks and balances for a reason.
Which is clearly why those checks and balances they gave us have preserved the rights of people across the US's history. It's not like we had an Aliens and Sedition Act in the first dozen years of the republic which made it illegal to criticize the government, or had a present who unilaterally suspended habeous corpus and posted soldiers at voting booths, or put an entire portion of the population in holding camps solely on account of their race. And have prevented such abominations as torture.

And there's certainly never been an institution known as the Imperial Presidency for its wide range of powers and autonomy, an office which unapologetically violated laws and convinced the legislatures to write away civil rights in the name of security.

Look at the world around you, Saji Crossroad.
Quote:
Let alone someone whose obviously isn't right in the head like Jamitov.
Learn friggen perspective and look at it from within the story. Jamitov is not 'obviously' not right in the head. Even his enemies recognize his skill. He's a formidable politician, a villain, but in now way mentally impaired.

Quote:
When someone says "maybe the Complete Monster is right", that tells me that Tomino needs to rethink what point his getting across. Tomino was a great director but frankly his early work tended to make the villains look better than the heroes due to how cynical his view of the world was.
Get over it. At this point in UC history, we have the enivronmentalist terrorist/insurgent democracy group being bankrolled by the biggest double crossing corporation of all gundam, the fascist royalists, and the fascist military dictatorship, all working to tear down the old world order and put themselves on top. The AEUG is only good by comparison, and it didn't solve the world's problems as another several decades of UC history prove. Zeta Gundam isn't a saturday morning cartoon with a point like 'everything is going to be good and the good guys all live happily ever after.' It's a war story.

Now, are you going to face up and return to Gundam 00?
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 02:08   Link #229
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Just for comparisons sake here is the shot posted before

And here is the actual shot without any editing or zooming in/resizing

It's not a great looking scene and the episode does feature a fair bit of distance shots, but it's not anywhere close to being as bad as it's been made out to be. A lot of anime do a hell of a lot worse on average too.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 04:49   Link #230
Marikina

The only instance of decreased animation affecting my enjoyment of the series would episodes 21-22 of S2. Really took me out of Setsuna and Graham's final battle.
Marikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 06:21   Link #231
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

For me the most obvious(and the first as well) to fully affect me was when HRL attacked Plotty when Setsuna blocked two Tierrens.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 22:48   Link #232
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
My final thoughts about gundam 00

Ok, Gundam 00 was a truly a good anime genre. My thought of this series was...... I used to get anxious to find out what happened in this show. sometimes speculations are right, some are wrong until my anxiety were headed to the next level.

I mean Why should I rewatch that show to understand the whole story where It was all because of that HOMICIDAL MANIAC ALI ANYWAY!? He's just a Puppet Of ribbons almack for gods sake. I mean although he's dead but his souls will BURN IN HELL. Then I hope Ribbons almack is already dead. then Now i've been run out some anime shows to me.

Who knows that what will happen in the upcoming movie in 2010 where they will face the new enemies.

8/10

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2009-04-17 at 23:23.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 23:37   Link #233
Gomenasai
The Poster-guy

S1 of 00 jumped into the action way to fast. And 99% of the first season they where all basically in god mode the whole way through with no real story to back it up. To add to the disapointment, the "War politics" was unusually weak as they jumped from conversation to conversation without any sense of meaning behind them nor any kind of "feelings" from the characters. The end of S1 started to get better, but not by far. The battles seemed too short to get attatched, and very straight forward. I actually sorta laughed when lockon got killed because I barely knew him as a character except for the fact that he "still faught for celestial being whooooooptydoo."

S2 I must admit started off really cool, how they sent the bots into the space station and setsuna showed up and saved the guy then flew out in his 00 which hasn't been repeaired since the end of S1. It was pretty epic, it's too bad the fight again, was too short to get into. After that we see the enemy gives them a harder time then in S1 because they all have those knocoff solar generaters. Other than that meh, I lost track of why I bothered carying halfway through.

They are really turning the gundam series into a more of a "action series" full on. It used to lay heavily with the wonderful plot, good storytelling, awsome battles and likeable/hateable characters. In 00 everything is as farfetched as possible.

I beleive part of my hate dirives from the fact that I really do not like the artistic style for the characters and the overal way the battle's flow out. I would love to see some of the artwork and character designs from gundam series like 08th ms. I personally loved the art direction in gundam seed, the very first air fight kira got into in the center of the colony against athrun and his squad mate was a good example of what i'm talking about.
Gomenasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 05:44   Link #234
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

What's with all of the sudden Gundam 00 hate this week? Did I miss something here? Is there anybody left that still like this show? Anyone....anyone at all? Dammnit I honestly had thought this show beat the trend, but it turned out to just be a delay before the bashing. Why do you people watch this show if you don't like it? Why does Gundam seem to be the only show that gets viewers like this? I need to find a new genre of anime with different fans that aren't predisposed to nitpicking before anything else. You people suck all the fun out of these kinds of shows like every single time. It's just not fun anymore.

By the way, screw 08th MS Team. There I said it. I am so sick to death of hearing how "great" this OVA is in comparison to Gundam 00 all the bloody time. If you people want the freaking 08th MS Team then go watch the freaking 08th MS Team. Same with Seed. You want Seed, go watch Gundam Seed, because Gundam 00 is trying to be neither of those shows. I think it's time people start watching shows for what they are instead of what they aren't because these complaints are just getting flat out retarded. When people start complaining because a show isn't exactly like some other show then it's time to get a reality check.
Old 2009-04-19, 05:50   Link #235
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

It's not like there aren't anyone who doesn't like 00 anymore... I do at least, and anxiously awaiting the 2010 movie. Just that the haters and bashers are more vocal about it.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 05:57   Link #236
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
It's not like there aren't anyone who doesn't like 00 anymore... I do at least, and anxiously awaiting the 2010 movie. Just that the haters and bashers are more vocal about it.
Do their complaints have to get more desperate and less legitimate as the weeks go on though. I mean really, where are these people coming from? This week all I hear is "Bwaaaah First Season awesome, second season was too ridiculous bwaaaaaaaah!" echoed by just about everybody such that it's starting to look like a movement or trend more then people's personal opinion. I'm starting to get that whole "not this shit again" feel with regard to the absurdity of people's reactions/critiques that I also got at the end of R2 and the first season of 00 and I'm telling you it's depressing as hell on a number of levels.

Anyway I swear, other genres and series get their haters and all, but none quite so bad as mecha and Gundam, nor as seemingly hobbyish. I don't get that "I'm going to watch this show even though I don't like it just to hate on it" vibe anywhere else but with Gundam 00......except maybe with Queen's Blade.

Honestly I was excited for the 2010 movie at first, but now I'm not sure if I care anymore. It might have been better to just end the series now in order to minimize the bitching that is sure to come with the movie. I mean it's bad enough already with all of the silly complaints that amount to focusing only on the series faults and then blowing them out of proportion, but it's as close as we'll ever probably get to people not screaming "trainwreck" en masse after a Sunrise mecha series ends, and that's something I've been waiting to see for a long LONG time (Gundam 00 really is fortunate in that regard for now). I just feel that through what will more than likely be no fault of it's own that the movie is going to ruin that by trying to do something unpredictable or imperfectly and then we'll get a new trend with people going "OMG it's an even bigger trainwreck than R2" or some such obnoxious and opportunistic bashing trend starter. Oh well, I guess it's up to the staff if they really want to make an original feature length Gundam movie (the first since F91) that few are likely to appreciate no matter what it ends up trying to do with itself.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-04-19 at 06:18.
Old 2009-04-19, 06:55   Link #237
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Thats how sad the world is these days; Raging,viewers who only find flaws in show, overused terms w/o knowing the true meaning and many more.

Last edited by KaiDamien; 2009-04-19 at 07:16.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 12:42   Link #238
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
What's with all of the sudden Gundam 00 hate this week? Did I miss something here?
It's because people love it so much, they pay attention to details and CAN write hate for it Things on shows happen how people don't want them too, adding on to the negativity that the viewer already has. It's not about whether or not they hate it, it's about whether or not they liked how the story was told.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 23:07   Link #239
Zeta Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomenasai View Post
S1 of 00 jumped into the action way to fast. And 99% of the first season they where all basically in god mode the whole way through with no real story to back it up. To add to the disapointment, the "War politics" was unusually weak as they jumped from conversation to conversation without any sense of meaning behind them nor any kind of "feelings" from the characters. The end of S1 started to get better, but not by far. The battles seemed too short to get attatched, and very straight forward. I actually sorta laughed when lockon got killed because I barely knew him as a character except for the fact that he "still faught for celestial being whooooooptydoo."

Honestly that's the first time I've EVER heard that 00 S1 picked up too fast.

In fact most people thought it started out slow, sans the HRL ambush, and then finally began to pick up steam with the introduction of the Trinity trio.
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 23:13   Link #240
kakakka

Gomenasai meant about how the rolled the Gundams right away in episode 1 with out introducing the main characters first or mentioning the (general) state of the world.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote