AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 41 21.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 29.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 23.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 12.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 5.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 9 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.06%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.06%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.53%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-10, 12:06   Link #221
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyhandofcrap View Post
Yeah I guess Kanade killing the NPCs wasn't directly shown, but we see her standing over the body of some NPCs and releasing her Hand Sonic. A reasonable conclusion can be drawn that she took them down while Naoi was hypnotizing Yuri. Of course, you can disagree since it wasn't directly shown.

Screenshot:
I had come to the same conclusion Tenshi interveaned also. Otonashi tells Tenshi directly "you realize this is wrong" and Tenshi acknownledges. They didnt show her fighting <.< Thus why I ment eailer in the thread about the battle being rushed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherdrone View Post
I wonder why most people automatically say "gayness" when Otonashi groped Naoi.

Not that it wasn't entirely out of place, but then again...

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Pretty much similar to how I though of it.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2010-05-10, 12:14   Link #222
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Btw, I wonder If Yuri need an rifle then what will she pick
I hope for a AK47 or AK74... It's kind of a symbol for rebelling xD

Tenshi can have bow for range then.... It's hard to get one when it stuck to your hand through
Old 2010-05-10, 12:20   Link #223
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I had come to the same conclusion Tenshi interveaned also. Otonashi tells Tenshi directly "you realize this is wrong" and Tenshi acknownledges. They didnt show her fighting <.< Thus why I ment eailer in the thread about the battle being rushed.
I was thinking it more along the lines that since the other ones were gun pointing Otonashi at one point with the Naoi abuse of Yuri it logical to go with the above in Tenshi getting those guys....making Otonashi able to dash to Naoi to shake him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Pretty much similar to how I though of it.
I would think more along the lines of affection to give to Naoi since he looked like he needed only society IRL with all the media in the adult industry and other types give a bad name to use guys with this gay stuff therefore hugging guy does not = to gay or anything like it...in fact even touching cheek to cheek practiced sometimes by the Pope is a kiss kind of thing (just giving a example) that does not meant gay at all.
Old 2010-05-10, 14:08   Link #224
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Interesting episode Otonashi and Tenshi's interactions were pretty damn good. However the later half i really didnt get that much into the episode. I couldnt feel sorry for the new president and even as Otonashi hugged him and tried to comfort him i felt nothing. Maybe i felt like there was not enough build up to the event. Also, he had no problem obviously shooting the SSS members did they fight back or what? I find it hard to believe that these newbies took down a battle hardened force like the SSS. I know the student were NPC's but defending yourself is another matter. IF someone shoots at me im going to shoot back. I also didnt really like how it ended it felt like they ran out of ideas and just ended it the later half of the episode just felt very rushed and as it ended i literally said WTF.

Even though i didnt like many aspects of the episode i still enjoyed it as whole i just couldnt give it as high a rating as the previous ones.
Old 2010-05-10, 15:15   Link #225
Click This
CEO of Asia!

Location: 167 East 51st St, New York, NY, 10022 - N40° 45.4097', W073° 58.2709'
Send a message via MSN to Click This
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Interesting episode Otonashi and Tenshi's interactions were pretty damn good. However the later half i really didnt get that much into the episode. I couldnt feel sorry for the new president and even as Otonashi hugged him and tried to comfort him i felt nothing. Maybe i felt like there was not enough build up to the event. Also, he had no problem obviously shooting the SSS members did they fight back or what? I find it hard to believe that these newbies took down a battle hardened force like the SSS. I know the student were NPC's but defending yourself is another matter. IF someone shoots at me im going to shoot back. I also didnt really like how it ended it felt like they ran out of ideas and just ended it the later half of the episode just felt very rushed and as it ended i literally said WTF.

Even though i didnt like many aspects of the episode i still enjoyed it as whole i just couldnt give it as high a rating as the previous ones.
Think about a war. If the enemy's got civilians as their shields, wouldn't you be hesitant to shoot back if you're going to harm innocent people?

Old 2010-05-10, 15:25   Link #226
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click This View Post
Think about a war. If the enemy's got civilians as their shields, wouldn't you be hesitant to shoot back if you're going to harm innocent people?
William tecumseh sherman "War is Hell"
Old 2010-05-10, 15:35   Link #227
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Like has been said before, death (ascending to another plane of existence aside) and permanent injury don't exist in that world, so that kind of sentiment is just silly when you're under attack. Not randomly attacking people is one thing, but these 'shields' gots guns. Feuer frei!
Old 2010-05-10, 15:53   Link #228
Click This
CEO of Asia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Like has been said before, death (ascending to another plane of existence aside) and permanent injury don't exist in that world, so that kind of sentiment is just silly when you're under attack. Not randomly attacking people is one thing, but these 'shields' gots guns. Feuer frei!
The SSS absolutely obey Yuri's word, so her opinion becomes their opinion. Because of that, gun-toting possessed student = innocent civilian. Yuri probably believes that attacking the NPCs will have adverse effects.

Old 2010-05-10, 16:18   Link #229
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Rules of war for the real world do not apply here. Its not like they are actually going to die they are already dead. Those were noobs at best and the SSS has battle experience i still find it hard that Yuri could not come up with any contingency plan and get beaten that badly. Im probably over thinking it but if someone fires a bullet at my ass im firing back or at least moving to a position where i can get a better shot.

Since the President was already taking hostages and firing at them he had already caused damage to his own reputation. Some of the students might have been grateful for the SSS to beat him and in the end his goal was to make them disappear (although they didnt know it) so losing that battle would have deprived the SSS of their leader.
Old 2010-05-10, 17:23   Link #230
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

I was under the impression that there was more keeping the SSS from killing NPCs than just that they felt it wasn't a very nice thing to do. Like some kind of actual retribution should they choose to do that. Is that accurate or did I just make that up because not killing NPCs given the way death is treated in AB seemed odd?
Old 2010-05-10, 20:40   Link #231
Click This
CEO of Asia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDingus View Post
I was under the impression that there was more keeping the SSS from killing NPCs than just that they felt it wasn't a very nice thing to do. Like some kind of actual retribution should they choose to do that. Is that accurate or did I just make that up because not killing NPCs given the way death is treated in AB seemed odd?
Tenshi was a normal human and killed the NPCs. She didn't receive any retribution, so I'm not sure how good that theory is.

Old 2010-05-10, 21:29   Link #232
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
My best guess would be that the NPCs don't actually come back to life so technically, it's almost the same as killing someone. Of course that is only speculation on my part but that could be a reason why Yuri is against the notion of harming the NPCs.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-05-10, 21:32   Link #233
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

I think it was pointed out before, but it rings much truth on this discussion: If Yuri says it, most of the SSS believes it without question. So if Yuri is either A. mistaken or B. willfully ignoring evidence to the contrary or even C. not willing to take the chance, she might instruct them to not attack and kill who she terms NPCs.
Old 2010-05-10, 23:05   Link #234
Click This
CEO of Asia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
My best guess would be that the NPCs don't actually come back to life so technically, it's almost the same as killing someone. Of course that is only speculation on my part but that could be a reason why Yuri is against the notion of harming the NPCs.
Why did Tenshi kill the NPCs to help Otonashi during the massacre, then?

Old 2010-05-10, 23:15   Link #235
DeX-kun

Quote:
Why did Tenshi kill the NPCs to help Otonashi during the massacre, then?
I can't answer you with absolute certainty but I believe you answered your own question. Kanade killed them to help Otonashi but I can't give you a reason further than that. Besides, Kanade isn't part of the SSS so she doesn't abide by Yuri's so-called "rules."

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-05-10, 23:17   Link #236
Click This
CEO of Asia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I can't answer you with absolute certainty but you answered your own question. Kanade killed them to help Otonashi but I can't give you a reason further than that. Besides, Kanade isn't part of the SSS so she doesn't abide by Yuri's "rules."
If NPCs are permanently killed, why not aim for their legs so they don't die? I'm sure the NPCs have friends, which would create complications if they died.

Old 2010-05-10, 23:22   Link #237
Discipline

Send a message via AIM to Discipline Send a message via MSN to Discipline
I personally think that the SSS doesn't kill the NPCs because they're trying to win their approval. They made it a point to say it in a past episode (forgive me for not knowing which one) but GDM was created to gain the school's approval.
Old 2010-05-10, 23:29   Link #238
DeX-kun

Quote:
If NPCs are permanently killed, why not aim for their legs so they don't die? I'm sure the NPCs have friends, which would create complications if they died.
Well that's certainly something to think about, Kanade would be responsible for the "deaths" of these NPCs but we simply do not have enough information yet. First and foremost, we don't even know if they really are NPCs or not, we're taking Yuri's word on this but it's yet to be claimed as fact. Also, we don't actually know if these "NPCs" permanently die or not. I was merely speaking hypothetically.

Let's just wait and see what happens in the next episode, there are still plenty of mysteries surrounding this world.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-05-11, 02:04   Link #239
Velsy

I really like how Yuirppe has a rules of engagment. She dosn't go on a mass murder of NPCs. . She actually takes precauion to avoid any crossfires because the NPCS are like cilivians and not her enemy. They are just supposely appart of the system. Thats an aspect I like of her. A good leader really

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2010-05-11, 06:44   Link #240
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
From manga chapter 2, when Yuri was about to start raising havok the very first thing she thought of was to massacre the NPCs. But then Hinata comments that it would make them look like axe crazy murderers. Obviously it reminded Yuri of her past hence she decided against it.
Closed Thread