AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 27
10: Amazing... 5 11.63%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 8 18.60%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 11 25.58%
7 out of 10: Good... 12 27.91%
6 out of 10: Average... 6 13.95%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 1 2.33%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-04-15, 16:00   Link #61
monster

Okay, that wasn't so bad as I thought it'll be, judging from some of the comments here. In fact, I quite like it, especially the second half. And I enjoyed seeing Flit trying to regain his calm demeanor in the end with Millais looking at him like she was unconvinced.

The only thing I didn't like was Remi's death, although at least there's still a corpse to be buried/whatever. Still, it's too bad that they chose to live up to people's expectation of a "death flag." Out of anyone, I wish that this couple would be the one to prove people wrong.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 16:30   Link #62
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The only thing I didn't like was Remi's death, although at least there's still a corpse to be buried/whatever. Still, it's too bad that they chose to live up to people's expectation of a "death flag." Out of anyone, I wish that this couple would be the one to prove people wrong.
I agree on that last sentence.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 17:17   Link #63
atilim
Knightmare

Remi's death was the most pointless death in all of Gundam.....probably more pointless then Flay's death during Seed.

Remind you this is a Japanese show and Japanese stereotype dictates that female are need to be protected. Almost every single anime I've seen you see a episode where somebody says ''A man needs to do XXX'' or ''need to protect the opposite sex''.

You have a entire ship full of man that can do the job of replacing that single part which frankly didn't seem so hard (almost like putting in a lego piece) and they allowed a single girl that doesn't look older then 16 to do it.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 18:00   Link #64
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I guess it was Remi who got the death flags and not Obright. It was heartbreaking when Obright found her dead in the cockpit. Poor guy. T_T

Zeheart and Asemu working together at the end was cool. I wonder if Zeheart died or he will end up getting a scar and coming back in the third gen.

8/10

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 18:01   Link #65
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by watanabe43 View Post
Maybe I am just getting old, but seen that a couple of times - wossit mean?
It just means someone beat you to posting the same exact thing.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 18:10   Link #66
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ehhhh wtf?!
When Asemu and Zeheart are having their little talk in the core room I was like "wtf?", which btw that core room is rather unnecessarily big and has access to from the outside?
That there is very very very bad construction planning if I ever saw it, I mean if your gonna do that, then where's my Death Star-esque core run?!
Instead we got this rather weird Asemu/Zeheart bromance moment that really made no sense to me.
Just kinda makes everything they have done up to that point rather utterly pointless to me.
I admit I was half expecting one of them to pull out a gun and shoot the other but meh didn't even get that!

I did however like the guncannon MS(don't know if thats what they are called but it's what I'm calling them), since I always like the guncannon shoulder look, so that was very unexpecting and very cool.
And the all white AGE-2 ain't bad but meh we already had the G-EXE and Bouncer doing that so feels kinda cheap.

And yea the Diva being stuck on the fortress was very very laughable bad, it like sustained zero damage(expect from the tiny dent on the blaster thing), thats one hell of a ship, what were they scared of that prevented them from not just doing a Leeroy Jenkins into the Vagan's fleet and wtfpwning everyone?

Theres really quite alot to nitpick at but yet still here watching it and no doubt still watching till the very end.
Is it the charm of Gundam or is there really something about this series that actually really good and keeps me here?

Yea who am I kidding, even if the story is terrible theres nothing better than watching 60ft robots causing massive amounts of destruction!
Old 2012-04-15, 18:53   Link #67
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Another win for AGE. Fantastic episode.
Old 2012-04-15, 19:20   Link #68
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Ehhhh wtf?!
When Asemu and Zeheart are having their little talk in the core room I was like "wtf?", which btw that core room is rather unnecessarily big and has access to from the outside?
That there is very very very bad construction planning if I ever saw it, I mean if your gonna do that, then where's my Death Star-esque core run?!
Instead we got this rather weird Asemu/Zeheart bromance moment that really made no sense to me.
I'm pretty sure that explosion was deliberate as the fortress was not under actual attack.

Plus, it happened the second Zeheart got that "zap" moment.

Even Asemu pointed out that it was a little too convenient so I have a feeling it was part of the Vagan's plan. In order for the operation to succeed someone would have to blow up the core directly and he wasn't willing to sacrifice Zeheart for that.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 20:04   Link #69
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I thought it was kinda neat they were making the Vagans use roman numerals on their instruments and what not, but then they kinda killed that with the awful usage. Reminds me of shoal zone XD-37...written as IIIVII >.<

I suppose the creators didn't get the memo that small numbers in front of big numbers are subtracted
Old 2012-04-15, 21:22   Link #70
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Okay, that wasn't so bad as I thought it'll be, judging from some of the comments here. In fact, I quite like it, especially the second half. And I enjoyed seeing Flit trying to regain his calm demeanor in the end with Millais looking at him like she was unconvinced.
Fortunately it almost never is.

Quote:
I see is it obeying two almost universal rules of Gundam. 1 is that nobody is ever allowed to be happy or content and the other is that whatever is the most bitter and sobering way in which to handle a character death situation is almost always the one they go with. That's now two people that essentially never did anything to hurt anybody getting pretty brutally killed simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time in this show....

As for the episode, I'll just say that I kind of got goosebumps during the last shot with all the Vegan drop pods making planet fall as Asemu looked up at the sky. Looks like my theory about the third generation involving a Vegan invasion of Earth came true. This is essentially the Zeon Earth Invasion arc of Gundam that precedes the main storyline all over again.

One more thing, I sort of have to continue to laugh at the apparent fact that a lot of people have completely mis-evaluated the relationship dynamic between Asem, Romary and Zeheart and how it plays into the whole Earth vs. Vegan conflict. I'll simply say that if you are someone who is looking at it through the eyes of a shipper your looking at it from the totally wrong perspective.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 21:28   Link #71
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
that core room is rather unnecessarily big and has access to from the outside?
Maybe it's for easy maintenance. If something big breaks, it'll be easier to transport a large part in by ship or MS than having to cart parts through the halls.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 21:35   Link #72
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I thought it was kinda neat they were making the Vagans use roman numerals on their instruments and what not, but then they kinda killed that with the awful usage. Reminds me of shoal zone XD-37...written as IIIVII >.<

I suppose the creators didn't get the memo that small numbers in front of big numbers are subtracted
Or that they were trying to say that it reads "three seven" and not "thirty seven", which would then make sense.

In Gundam 99% of the time the serial numbers of MS are read individually eg F91 is actually read "formula nine one" and NOT "formula ninety one".
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 21:41   Link #73
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
In Gundam 99% of the time the serial numbers of MS are read individually eg F91 is actually read "formula nine one" and NOT "formula ninety one".
I thought they read F91 as "F Kyuujuu-ichi"?

Though I remember them doing that in Seed - ZGMF-X10A Freedom was "Zed-Gee-Em-Eff Ex-One-Oh-A Freedom"
Old 2012-04-15, 21:48   Link #74
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Age 1 must have some good armor to withstand a self destruction point blank like that
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 21:50   Link #75
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
age 1 must have some good armor to withstand a self destruction point blank like that
maximum plot armor
Old 2012-04-15, 22:01   Link #76
kakakka

it did used both its arms to cover the torso.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 22:19   Link #77
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I thought they read F91 as "F Kyuujuu-ichi"?
Plot induced error - as the people on the ship didn't know where the F91 came from, heck they thought that it "resembles a Gundam" hence gave it the Gundam call sign, not even aware that it IS actually a Gundam. Officially it's supposed be "formula nine one".
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 22:32   Link #78
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
maximum plot armor
I will go with this
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 23:30   Link #79
Nivek von Beldo

In general the chapter did felt rushed a little, but the feeling is mostly because one want the other chapter inmediatly, to close is generation with a high note and jump directly to the History of Grandfather & Grandson who will be the Third generation.

The chapter was very good, yes was very full paced and something must have been resolved better, but keep good drama to all and was a good. Poor Obright, even when i think we pass the worse... his deathflag was reflected to the poor Remi, well, we need Dique as the Engineer of Age 3... but that is unfair, RIP Remi Ruth, be happy in the Gundam Valhalla(aka Future Century) with Yurin.

Again, we enter Earth, and if the Spoilers are true... Flit will lauch a speech in the so big parade of the Federation(what are they celebrating?), that would be describe as... Zeon is Exhausted meeet J'Accuse. That will be a direct message about the whole war and direct declaration of Responsability to the Federation of their Action... that is Big, and maybe the Old Flit looks is a bit of Foreshadowing?... I can NOT wait for the next chapter.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 23:51   Link #80
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atilim View Post
Remi's death was the most pointless death in all of Gundam.....probably more pointless then Flay's death during Seed.
I can agree with Remi's death, but I would have to disagree regarding Flay's death. While I would've liked her to survive, I can't deny that her death at least has its purpose, both in the short and in the long run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I see is it obeying two almost universal rules of Gundam. 1 is that nobody is ever allowed to be happy or content and the other is that whatever is the most bitter and sobering way in which to handle a character death situation is almost always the one they go with. That's now two people that essentially never did anything to hurt anybody getting pretty brutally killed simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time in this show....
Yeah, but sometimes (to use atilim's word) it just seems so pointless, at least on the surface.

I'll have to see what happens to Obright to fully judge the affect of Remi's death. But as of this episode, I can only look at it as simply having death for death's sake.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion