AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-08, 10:00   Link #1301
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
From what I see from the past 6 episode, I believe all the understudies will not succed anyone. The implication is somehow there and if you look at the title, 00 is connected and turn around, it will form a 8. Team 8 might be a possible path for them. This is a Kawamori show, we will never know what will he do.

By the way, preview of Episode 7
http://akb0048.jp/story/
Can someone translate it.
For those who through the girls on the PV were the 76th understudies, you're right, they're mentioned here.
Apparently there is something called a "under", someone that works as reserve for a successor when she can't perform. From the current 77th only Chieri is chosen to be a under (Yuuko's under btw). But seems like she will get in some trouble with the 76th (maybe they're also there working as under of other members?) .

For a more detailed trans, please wait until someone more skilled at japanese comes by.
Old 2012-06-08, 11:54   Link #1302
Raiga
tl;dr

Since I've already used "understudy" for 研究生, I'll probably be using "stand-in" for アンダー, to avoid confusion.

Spoiler for Preview:

Last edited by Raiga; 2012-06-08 at 14:08.
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 12:51   Link #1303
mochichan

OOohhh~ cat fight~
dig up secret?
have to be about her father relationship to DES.
If Kanata and Sonata find out about it, it might be serious..:\

and rather than succeeding, agree on them forming a new team in the end theory.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 12:55   Link #1304
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Spoiler for Preview:
What's their problem? Since they haven't been doing training with our kids, unlike the 75th generation, one assumes they're already either successors or stand-ins.

I won't spare them just because they're 0048 members. If they hurt my Chieri, physically or emotionally, they're going down.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 13:33   Link #1305
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Ouch, time for some shoujo style friction to happen. It was bound to happen at one point
Old 2012-06-08, 13:37   Link #1306
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Since I've already used "understudy" for 研究生, I'll probably be using "stand-in" for アンダー, to avoid confusion.

Spoiler for Preview:
Spoiler for ep7 preview:

On another note, this supports my idea that Chieri is going to succeed that person at some point. It's gonna happen, you heard it here first!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
What's their problem? Since they haven't been doing training with our kids, unlike the 75th generation, one assumes they're already either successors or stand-ins.
I think is such a big deal for two reasons.

Spoiler for ep 7 preview:

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-06-08 at 14:42.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 17:01   Link #1307
mochichan

Quote:

I won't spare them just because they're 0048 members. If they hurt my Chieri, physically or emotionally, they're going down.

They're threatened obviously since Chieri is the only trainee chosen as stand in, it prove her potential. :P

I'm not surprise since she's more serious about AKB than other members.
Old 2012-06-08, 17:11   Link #1308
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
They're threatened obviously since Chieri is the only trainee chosen as stand in, it prove her potential. :P
So what? They're already past where she is anyway. And we already know they aren't suited for the position, precisely because they haven't been chosen for it. If they've got issues they can them up with management. If their response, in this group, given the society that has been portrayed in the series, is to try to sabotage another girl when she seems to be doing well, then they have no business trying to be part of 0048 at all.
Old 2012-06-08, 17:20   Link #1309
Kazu-kun

They're just jealous because it's Yuuko. It's petty, I know, but some people are like that, and it's a good thing the series shows that side of the idol business too.

But I agree with you. If they really do try to sabotage Chieri, they have no place in AKB.
Old 2012-06-08, 19:28   Link #1310
EroBotan
Nasty Pet

woaah, 76th generations already gather some new haters here XD
Old 2012-06-08, 19:42   Link #1311
chaosprophet

Know that we know about things that will go on this episode, what about the name of it "Succession Kirara". Like some theorized before, maybe one of the girls may become a successor in this episode, and considering Chieri seems to be the focus, she may be the one to do so.
Old 2012-06-08, 20:56   Link #1312
mechdra

Chieri and Kirara? Hardly. She still acts like a fortress with multiple guns. I do hope she cry in the next episode.

Talking about crying, seems like a few already done their crying and despair since episode 1. Nagisa, Kanata and Orine already done theirs, whos next?
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 22:34   Link #1313
mochichan

Quote:
So what? They're already past where she is anyway. And we already know they aren't suited for the position, precisely because they haven't been chosen for it. If they've got issues they can them up with management. If their response, in this group, given the society that has been portrayed in the series, is to try to sabotage another girl when she seems to be doing well, then they have no business trying to be part of 0048 at all.
But human emotion isn't logical
Considering that it's probably pretty competitive being in an idol group with multiple girls who's might be better than you, or can replace you and push you out of the spotlight, it's logical for them to feel threaten.
And it's expected to resort to dirty trick and sabotage when people are threatened.

it's pretty wrong but situations like that happen all the time in real life. Also it's boring for the show if everyone are like, "we're going to try our best to surpass each other with fair play"

But maybe when Chieri being targeted by the seniors, she might end up relying on other trainees for support and that'll increase the group bond, Chieri will lower her guard with Nagisa and the rest of the group.
Old 2012-06-08, 23:09   Link #1314
Random Wanderer

Quote:
it's pretty wrong but situations like that happen all the time in real life.
This show isn't real life. These aren't ordinary idols whose main concern is promoting themselves in the hopes of moving on to a bigger career. These are anti-government rebels whose main concern is promoting the group as a symbol to bring hope and joy into peoples' lives. Ther objectives are different because the society is different, and the petty issues and rivalries among real-life idols whose biggest concern is their career have no place in a group who risk their lives and save each others lives on a regular basis.
Old 2012-06-08, 23:18   Link #1315
mochichan

Quote:
This show isn't real life. These aren't ordinary idols whose main concern is promoting themselves in the hopes of moving on to a bigger career. These are anti-government rebels whose main concern is promoting the group as a symbol to bring hope and joy into peoples' lives. Ther objectives are different because the society is different, and the petty issues and rivalries among real-life idols whose biggest concern is their career have no place in a group who risk their lives and save each others lives on a regular basis.
But even so, they still have real life emotion. Even if these stuffs don't make sense when you rationalize it, people in that situation are thinking with their emotion.
How many people actually put the good of the group above their own?
Especially in a situation where there's rivalry, and these girls are definitely not adult age and act in a mature way.

Beside....you can't "spreading love and joy" if you get bump out of the spotlight by another newbie.
Old 2012-06-09, 00:16   Link #1316
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

More terminology out

It turns out that WOTA in AKB0048 universe is short for Whole Over Technology Association. This really proves my theory right about the entertainment ban.

Spoiler for Reasons supporting the theory:
Old 2012-06-09, 00:37   Link #1317
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Spoiler for Reasons supporting the theory:
What are you talking about? Where are all these terms coming from?
Old 2012-06-09, 01:15   Link #1318
sa547
*Author

Quote:
What are you talking about? Where are all these terms coming from?
That, I think, is for an upcoming fanfic he plans to write (and I found his concepts to be very intriguing).
Old 2012-06-09, 01:31   Link #1319
Random Wanderer

Fanfic should be saved for places that are meant for it. Discussing it in the thread about the actual series just leads to confusion, as some of us are trying to properly understand the official story. We don't need someone else's imaginings coming in here and throwing us off.
Old 2012-06-09, 01:35   Link #1320
Kazu-kun

I think it's ok as long as it's tagged as fanfiction so no one will get confused.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime