AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 25 36.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 22.06%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-31, 00:14   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Psycho-Pass - Episode 15 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Psycho-Pass, Episode 15.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-01-31, 11:20   Link #2
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 15:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-01-31, 13:05   Link #3
konart

Still need subs for the episode, but I'm sold already - Makishima mentions Philip Dick, William Gibson and George Orwell
Old 2013-01-31, 15:53   Link #4
Awrya
U mad?

Just at episode 15 and it looks like the finale of Psycho-Pass begins, I feel each episode will be a masterpiece until the end.
The last time I was completely captivated by an anime was probably TTGL, but Psycho-Pass completely eclipses TTGL.
Old 2013-01-31, 17:48   Link #5
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow so they found the system's location. Good thing Kogami found out their plan. Honestly the ep went by so fast, i was shocked it had already ended. This keeps getting better and better.
Old 2013-01-31, 19:47   Link #6
HandofFate

looks like we're getting towards the big bang of everything.

the riots looked like hell on earth.

is the Sybil system just in Japan, or is it worldwide?
Old 2013-01-31, 19:55   Link #7
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

^
Based on what Choe Gu-sang said, and why he's so interested in it, seems to be just in Japan.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2013-01-31, 20:32   Link #8
Allium
Keep on keeping on

So everything kicks into action, and while I expected the riots, I didn't think Makishima would use them to lure the MWPSB members away so that he and Gu Sung could enter the defenceless Nona Tower. I kinda find it absurd that the CID wasn't prepared for a possibility of a riot or any revolt happening, to the extent that they have a shortage of tools and manpower to quell the riots. (Then again, it's P-P.) I was also quite surprised that only Kougami, Akane and Kagari are going to check on the tower. Something dangerous could happen to three of them, and maybe even back-up won't arrive on time. Guess that just heightens the tension even more.

Looks like we're going to get some sort of climax in Ep 16, which Urobuchi referred to in a tweet as a 'masterpiece.' Well, I definitely can't wait to see that 'masterpiece!'

Other things:
- I was glad to see CID members other than the series' main team.
- Makishima is such a - well, how do I put it - bibliophile? Being an avid reader of books I quite appreciated his comments, especially the one about e-books.
Old 2013-01-31, 20:41   Link #9
prototype_sky

Looks like they have a bunch of drones with lethal weapons protecting the borders. One of the guys in the jumpsuit was definitely who kagami was fighting in episode 1. Is it going to take 7 episodes to get to the top of the tower or will they have a few flashback episodes spliced in between .

Wonder if the status quo of that world will return I doubt they have enough prisons would be ironic if they had to raise the allowed level

Last edited by prototype_sky; 2013-01-31 at 20:58.
Old 2013-01-31, 20:54   Link #10
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
genius episode
genius scenario
genius concept

Gen , i love you

I'm crazy , i want the next episode now!
Looks like the series could be 17 episodes total ? or maybe an hidden boss is there ? xd

Anyway i didnt got those feelings since Penguindrum or Madoka/fate zero
Gen you are my hero.
Old 2013-01-31, 22:39   Link #11
mistress_kisara

The climax is finally starting! We're inching closer to episode 1's prologue ^_^
Old 2013-01-31, 22:46   Link #12
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Wow, seems like my prediction came true after all. Absurd degree of police incompetence and unpreparedness resulted in both a killing spree and overrun of HQ. To think that people were claiming it was alright to not use firearms because they wanted to make citizens feel safe. Whole system got destroyed in like 24 hours. Makes it look kinda funny with all the dystopian, crazy-prepared state references. Felt more Demolition Man than anything else to be honest.

The series while still good, kind of feels weak since this mask business began. Whole metropolitan area is covered by like 18 police officers?
Old 2013-01-31, 22:59   Link #13
HighGuard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus View Post
The series while still good, kind of feels weak since this mask business began. Whole metropolitan area is covered by like 18 police officers?
It's not really surprising since it's known that the crime rate is low to almost non existent, plus patrol is handled by the drones while the people do the investigation

BTW did anyone else get the sense that the system is only in place in that city? They mentioned border drones and only talk about riots breaking out in that city.
Old 2013-01-31, 23:04   Link #14
Dark Wing

Well all I can say about this episode can be summed up in one sentence...

"It's the end of the world as we know it!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus View Post
Whole metropolitan area is covered by like 18 police officers?
Thats what happens when you rely too much on machines to do the bulk of the work...
Old 2013-01-31, 23:06   Link #15
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Well all I can say about this episode can be summed up in one sentence...

"It's the end of the world as we know it!"

Thats what happens when you rely too much on machines to do the bulk of the work...
I think that's one of the main morals of this series. You can't completely take human intuition out of the equation, especially with law enforcement.
Old 2013-01-31, 23:06   Link #16
HandofFate

I felt a bad premonition when they panned the room in the meeting with all the CID agents with slightly unique character designs, but we never seen before.

Wouldn't be surprised if a few of them are sacrificed next episode just to reinforce some of the rioting/violence that went up a notch the past few episodes.
Old 2013-01-31, 23:07   Link #17
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineCorps View Post
BTW did anyone else get the sense that the system is only in place in that city? They mentioned border drones and only talk about riots breaking out in that city.
My guess is that other cities have identical systems in place with the same set up. One master computer in ever city in the country named Sibyl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if a few of them are sacrificed next episode just to reinforce some of the rioting/violence that went up a notch the past few episodes.
God, I hope they don't get to Shion she all alone in her lab...
Old 2013-01-31, 23:14   Link #18
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

One thing in particular that should be pointed out is that the helmets themselves don't actually give you the power to defy, it merely enables you to defy with the powers you already have.

And the fact that every person is already fully capable of such wanton violence, well, there's a reason we see Makishima holding Heart of Darkness.

So when the Panopticon falls, you just have to ask yourself whether what we're seeing is the truth nature of man, or simply the enabled darkness within him.
Old 2013-01-31, 23:53   Link #19
oompa loompa

Well played Gen old chap. The series is definitely going in the direction i hoped it would.. Lets see how far they can take it.
Old 2013-02-01, 00:03   Link #20
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allium View Post
Looks like we're going to get some sort of climax in Ep 16, which Urobuchi referred to in a tweet as a 'masterpiece.' Well, I definitely can't wait to see that 'masterpiece!'
Well great now this next week of waiting will be twice as painful. But it makes sense given that last week's episode and this one, as entertaining as they were, were essentially all build up to what should be a major game changer next week. And, of course, that episode 1 prologue is going to happen much sooner than most of us probably expected. Which is fine by me since it probably means we'll get more than one Kougami and Makishima confrontation (I highly doubt there'll be some secret final boss behind the latter).

I worry for Kagari since a very much supporting character like him being the only one alongside the hero and heroine in a confrontation with the main antagonist is usually bad news for such characters. Of course, Gen doesn't usually kill characters before they've had a chance to tell their story, but it's become increasingly apparent to me that Psycho-Pass is more concerned with the plot and expressing its themes and social commentary than it is with the characters, so I don't expect every member of the team to be able to develop all that much anymore.

But that's fine since Makishima alone makes up for the relatively underdeveloped protagonists, though Gu Seung is becoming a rather interesting fellow himself. I rather enjoyed how accurately and succinctly he described how some of us view the population of Sybil: "Those who are perfectly happy entrusting everything in their lives to some nonsense like that are the ones who're crazy." The two play off each other very well, and their conversations in this episode were as absorbing and intriguing as Urobuchi dialogue gets. And more than ever before it seems to me as if this whole ordeal is a means of soul-searching for Makishima. Definitely looking forward to seeing if and what he finds beyond all this destruction.
Closed Thread