Notices

Old 2006-02-10, 19:09   Link #41
dacoolman88

cool
dacoolman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 05:59   Link #42
SilentBob
I like corm

Binchou-tan is so darn cute I wanna reach into the TV, pick her up and cuddle her to death.
SilentBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 03:52   Link #43
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBob
Binchou-tan is so darn cute I wanna reach into the TV, pick her up and cuddle her to death.
You... you.... you assassin! You want to kill her with kindness?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 12:18   Link #44
SilentBob
I like corm

Lol, bad wording maybe. I'd never want to kill that adorable little creature.
Old 2006-02-13, 13:07   Link #45
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBob
I just keep wanting to buy her a new blanket to replace the one with the hole in it.

It does have some rather, in their own way, sad moments, like when she couldn't buy the "items" she wanted because she didn't have enough money, then when she spilled the rice, (thank goodness it was only a dream ), but she perseveres so it's not all bad.
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 13:31   Link #46
Onesimos

Translation differences among fansubbers

I noticed that the translation of the
Spoiler:
Onesimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 14:17   Link #47
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesimos
I noticed that the translation of the
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 14:31   Link #48
TechNiko
Quality Insurer

Send a message via ICQ to TechNiko Send a message via AIM to TechNiko Send a message via MSN to TechNiko Send a message via Yahoo to TechNiko
In response to Onesimos...
Spoiler:
TechNiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 15:18   Link #49
Onesimos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechNiko
In response to Onesimos...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-13, 18:52   Link #50
TechNiko
Quality Insurer

Send a message via ICQ to TechNiko Send a message via AIM to TechNiko Send a message via MSN to TechNiko Send a message via Yahoo to TechNiko
ReRe: Onesimos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesimos
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
TechNiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 19:26   Link #51
Onesimos

Spoiler:

Last edited by Onesimos; 2006-02-13 at 22:25.
Old 2006-02-14, 00:16   Link #52
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I've decided that there must have been a fortune in market research sunk into Binchou-tan's design. There is nothing cuter on this earth than Binchou-tan, that kind of cuteness can only come from months of design and focus groups. Seriously, even from the very beginning of the first episode (when she's preparing her rice) you just have to go "awwwww". I demand Binchou-tan plushies. Now.
Old 2006-02-14, 13:04   Link #53
SilentBob
I like corm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I've decided that there must have been a fortune in market research sunk into Binchou-tan's design. There is nothing cuter on this earth than Binchou-tan
I agree, I'm still struggling to recover from the initial cuteness shock, hehe.

And we should indeed have plushies!
Old 2006-02-14, 17:16   Link #54
Furudanuki

I got quite a good laugh out of the narration and background music used in episode 2. Most people in this forum are probably way too young to remember this, but movie theaters used to have newsreels and short films in between the showings of the feature presentation. I saw quite a few of them, and some were corny beyond belief - things like "The Amazing Kitchen of the Future!" or "Where Bread Comes From." All of them featured a narrator and the exact same sort of music that was playing in the background while Binchou-tan was looking for work and working in the kitchen in town. I'm betting that someone on the production team was familiar with these films and put a bit of gentle parody into this episode - the narration, the background music and the way the kitchen chore scenes were presented are just too similar for it to be a complete coincidence.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 20:25   Link #55
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Binchou-tan has some of the best duck paddling animation ever. Oh, and that acorn was as big as her head! What's up with that?

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 02:11   Link #56
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
Binchou-tan has some of the best duck paddling animation ever. Oh, and that acorn was as big as her head! What's up with that?
"What's up with that," is that Binchou-tan seems to change size. When she was trying to find a job, she came up to the thighs of the people in front of her, yet later on we see her sitting in someone's shoe!

At the time she was riding the pidgeon express, she was small enough that the acorn was the size of her head.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 11:43   Link #57
ECFNW

Just watched the 2nd episode and I still can't get over how cute she is and how touching the story is. Usually I wouldn't even watch anime like this but this one has me hooked.
ECFNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 12:04   Link #58
Edge
(*^ヮ')b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I've decided that there must have been a fortune in market research sunk into Binchou-tan's design. There is nothing cuter on this earth than Binchou-tan, that kind of cuteness can only come from months of design and focus groups.
Believe it or not, but the creator of Binchou-tan (Egusa Takahito) was just an ordinary part-time character designer for Alchemist, who one day scribbled out the design on a scrap piece of paper. From there on, Egusa-san released a number of doujinshi featuring her and related designs (including her house) at several Comiket events, and she went on to be Alchemist's mascot character.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 12:22   Link #59
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Believe it or not, but the creator of Binchou-tan (Egusa Takahito) was just an ordinary part-time character designer for Alchemist, who one day scribbled out the design on a scrap piece of paper. From there on, Egusa-san released a number of doujinshi featuring her and related designs (including her house) at several Comiket events, and she went on to be Alchemist's mascot character.
But what about the important part of my post: Where are my Binchou-tan plushies?
Old 2006-02-15, 13:09   Link #60
NeoSam

As I mentioned in my first post; a seinen 4-panel Binchou-tan manga is serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Comic Blade.

The first volume of the manga got released, and there are 2 versions that are out of this volume. Binchou-tan volume 1 regular edition (released: 26/1/2006) and Binchou-tan volume 1 limited edition (released: 12/2005)

Here's the cover of the first manga volume:

A seinen 4-panel manga (a 4-panel manga for young men)

A Binchou-tan guide will be out sometime this month (February 2006):

A Binchou-tan figurine: