AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Who were your favourite S1 Nanoha characters? Multiple choice allowed!
Nanoha Takamachi 126 62.07%
Yuuno Scrya 29 14.29%
Fate Testarossa 167 82.27%
Arf 35 17.24%
Precia Testarossa 7 3.45%
Lindy Haraoun 12 5.91%
Chrono Haraoun 37 18.23%
Amy Limietta 14 6.90%
Arisa Bannings 34 16.75%
Suzuka Tsukimura 22 10.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-27, 05:45   Link #21
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Yeah, I did the same thing in the Thread Requests thread when we were discussing who to add to the polls, so you're not alone
Old 2006-10-27, 06:01   Link #22
haiz123321
Obey me world!

lolol whew XD
Old 2006-12-21, 12:10   Link #23
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

For this first season, here's my top characters from what I remember watching ages ago.

1. Nanoha - She's a good girl but watch out, she's terribly powerful.
2. Fate - Tragic life she had, cool personality, and really badass.

For sure, they're number 1 and 2. Other characters seem to be escaping me right now, I have to rewatch quickly.
Old 2006-12-21, 16:46   Link #24
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
Fate wins my vote. She's just an awesome character.
Old 2007-01-10, 05:56   Link #25
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Fate Will win my vote for her as well as Nanoha...
Old 2007-02-27, 22:04   Link #26
QBnoYouko
Twilight Breaker

Send a message via MSN to QBnoYouko
Fate: Beautiful and awesome, especially with an Intelligent Device like Bardiche. Love Nana's voicework here.

Nanoha: She's sweet, cute, and will befriend the shiz out of you. Plus it's Yukarin. You can't not love Yukarin.

Arisa: I just love Rie when she voices these types of characters. So stubborn yet caring. She has probably the funniest Engrish I've ever heard. "BE QUIET!!!"
Old 2007-03-24, 09:32   Link #27
shiro83

Fate, as always.
Old 2007-05-10, 02:02   Link #28
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Gotta go with the character that singlehandedly made Nanoha the success it is today. Without her I strongly doubt the series would be in its 3rd season let alone arguably the most talked about show of said season. Here's to the prospect of a Fate Testarossa spin-off. Plus I kind of like Alisa Bannings and her "BWAAAAH! KILL!" scenario with purple haired girl who never says anything in the series. That occured in a flashback if I recall.
Old 2007-07-07, 15:40   Link #29
Rainfall
Storm Of Comfort

I will definately choose Fate. I found myself constantly cheering for her and waiting anxiously for her appearances in the series time after time again. I don't know why, but I can't seem to enjoy the show without her. She's the soul purpose I got so interested in Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha in the first place. Her cool personality is awesome as well as her battle techniques. In my opinion, she's the best and will always be the best in the entire show.

And also I will select Arf-san--for always staying by her master's side and being a kind, caring, and protective friend to Fate.
Old 2010-02-09, 21:04   Link #30
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Definitely Fate all the way! Now if only she wasn't so loli...
Old 2010-02-22, 11:29   Link #31
hinakatbklyn

(1) Nanoha: A very strong character indeed. Still has the ability to be real powerful and still be loving and compassionate at the same time even to her opponent (Nanoha would never consider Fate an enemy).

(2) Fate: Despite her past trials and tragedies, she has dealt with the hand that was dealt to her and is also strong in her own way. Despite following orders, she still has remorse which earns sympathy points and also risks her own safety to get her job done.
Old 2010-02-22, 16:51   Link #32
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I remember voting in here a while ago..but guess I haven't posted.

Undoubtedly, not only is my favorite character in the series that of the lovely and lovable Fate Testarossa, but also in general taken on a grand scale. How every deed, action, and expression that she elicits and emits is truly wonderful and awe-inspiring to me. Her context in the first season was also breathtaking because she served as a perfect rival for Nanoha and shifted the lonely days into ones of drama and exhilaration. I quote: 'I will protect you from anyone not because I'm your daughter...but because you're my mother.' Every scene of her was well experienced and worth it as she complemented each sequence. She possessed lonely eyes for a good majority of the season and dealt with her evil mother's selfishness. I'll declare plain and simple...I love Fate's character, her entire embodiment of mind, body, and soul. Even after Precia confessed her loathing and the fact that she was a clone of Alicia, Fate accepted the facts. The negative aspect of that was she went into a state of shock, but it allowed for the rebirth of her. As a result, I'm satisfied with how it ended because 'Namae wo wonde' is a beautiful insert. As for Nanoha...*won't go there.*

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2010-02-22, 16:54   Link #33
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
My two favorite characters from the series aren't even listed....
Old 2010-02-22, 17:36   Link #34
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I'm interested to know who they are.

Any character with even a tiny bit of significance was listed.
Old 2010-02-22, 17:45   Link #35
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Probably Nanoha's parents.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2010-02-22, 17:46   Link #36
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Her whole family, to be exact. (Siblings especially in RB's case I'd wager)

Old 2010-11-24, 18:35   Link #37
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I accidentally found this thread when watching for and old page of the manga discussion thread on google xD. So, to give a good vote i try to reverse time and remeber my fgirst impression of S1, so here we goes.

Nanoha Takamachi - Pretty obvious, without her there was no series, anyone already said and it's true, she's a strog yet very caring girl who's ready to help someone in problems and at the same time totally willing to make friends with everyone(and no, i'm not referring to her "befriending" techniques). I like her a bit more than her grown self from StrikerS onwards because she's more humble.(don't get me wrong, StrikerS Nanoha is made of awesome but i feel her character more pretentious and prepotent, much less cheerful or happy).

Yuuno Scrya - I know, i know ...i'm talking about my first impression right? The kid is an archeologist at age 9-10, he gets in trouble and desperately ask for anyone who can hear his call for help and that person results to be Nanoha, at first i thinked of him as an irresponsible, walking plot device to give Nanoha her powers but shortly he demonstrates geniune care for the fact he just involved an infant into the conflict, trying to solve things on his own and involve innocents as less as possible, when Nanoha stays as a Mage he then gives her his full support through the rest of the season guiding her in the ways of magic and saving her from danger(his short brawls with Arf are quite impressive), upon revealing his true form some obvious teasing ensues, but it's innocent and comical so i'm pretty much okay with it, nothing happens between them at the end of the season but he remains as a good friend and a valuable ally, i always going to miss the days when Yuuno get along with the cast i felt he had well chemistry with all of them.

Chrno Harllown - Season One Chrono is made of WIN! when Nanoha is a novice mage and Fate a heavy trained undergrond mage, Chrono shows us what a full fledged TSAB officer can do, right from his debut he's able to stop both main heroines cold, it's shortly after revealed that he's in fact weaker than both of them but he rapidly answers and demonstrates that skill and brains can overtake power if well used, it also have a funny "unfunny" side xD, cracking bad jokes or discussing with his more childish compannions, or teasing Yuuno xD! ...it's a bit sad he won't get more developement beyond A's, it's a pretty cool character.

Arisa Bannings - Last but not least, and definetly my absolute favourite among the support cast of the entire franchise, Arisa Bannings is a pretty pretentious and stubborn girl wich hides a kind and responsible heart(as she demonstrates when Nanoha hides her Mahou Shoujo problems from her, Arisa acts rude but is very worried for her friend wich Suzuka correctly points out). The little tomboyish traits coupled with her funny way of handling things(and her love for puppyes x3) makes almost impossible to not give her attention when she appears onscreen, her mixture of flaws and virtues really catch to me as she's an easy likeable character, not much to say really, except that it's a bit sad she doesen't appear past A's.

I'll wait for the A's poll when things are gonna get interesting xD.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2010-11-24 at 19:57.
Old 2010-11-24, 19:16   Link #38
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

A's poll is right here incase you didn't know:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=37361