AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-25, 10:00   Link #31361
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^I'm not going to kill it...

I'M GOING TO USE IT, WOULD IT BE FINE?!
Old 2012-05-25, 10:02   Link #31362
Eratas123

Why would she have to be forced? She's psychotic enough to do it.
Old 2012-05-25, 10:11   Link #31363
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Despite its glorified space-worthy potential, did canon ever mentioned/named any IS unit that actually went to space and back?
Old 2012-05-25, 10:12   Link #31364
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: sure. though in this plot she was beat by guys using the equipment I just slapped together. they generally won due to terrain advantage and madoka underestimating them.

@eras: she was given options wasn't she? these guys dont really kill unless necessary and sending madoka back without her IS would have equated as such sure but still not forced
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 10:13   Link #31365
Eratas123

Going to sleep for now. See you guys tom.
Old 2012-05-25, 10:16   Link #31366
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Stratos
the original WK did for sure.
Old 2012-05-25, 10:25   Link #31367
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@ Stratos
the original WK did for sure.
They explicitly mentioned that it went to space? Because I'm sure there are ways to take out satellites without leaving the atmosphere.
Old 2012-05-25, 10:28   Link #31368
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Question: Who sounded more pathetic?

Somebody who prefer 2d girls
or
Male Terrorist who became a terrorist for the wrong reason?

Edit: By wrong reason I mean Some like becoming a terrorist because of extremely trivial/petty reason.... such as "that white man glanced at me funny, so I bombed his homeland"
Old 2012-05-25, 10:33   Link #31369
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Stratos
No, it snipe the satellite from high altitude, however after the stomp fest on conventional military, it went to space and disappear.

Only to return and being inspected as basis for every single I.S. in existence.

@ Age
Apples and oranges, no comparison.
Old 2012-05-25, 10:36   Link #31370
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Then the Pearl Admiralty can't be called the "First Space IS".... Bummer.

Then again, here's what I cooked up so far:
Quote:
The Pearl Admiralty is a 3rd Generation Infinite Stratos(IS) unit built by the Aspire Foundation Institute(AsFI), an IS Research-and-Development institute based in Singapore.

The unit specializes in the manipulation of charge particles, primarily from plasma but it can also drain charged particles from any other ion sources with the use of customized electrostatic panels built into various parts of the IS.

The Pearl Admiralty is powered by the IS Core Unit #129, one of the original IS Cores that were created by Tabane Shinonono. Being the second known IS in the world next to the White Knight that has performed independent ascension into space and atmospheric re-entry with barely any anomalies, the Pearl Admiralty is widely known as the “White Next”. As with its maiden space flight, the AsFI discovers that the Pearl Admiralty is able to operate at optimal capacity in the presence of solar winds, raw charged particles that outflow directly from the Sun.
Old 2012-05-25, 10:48   Link #31371
demino_hellsin
That one guy

foreveralone vs sociopath.

apples & oranges argument
Old 2012-05-25, 11:03   Link #31372
greedyspectator

@age:
Well... if you ignore the apple & oranges problem, it's possible to gauge the utility of both persons existence. The question is whether the 2d girl obsessive guy can contribute more to society than the terrorist. We can extrapolate a criteria from, let's say, one hundred people, and use that criteria to analyze the net worth of both persons.

Of course, though, nobody wants to have terrorists, and on the contrary everyone wants to get rid of them, so terrorists probably have negative economic value. On the other hand, the 2D girl obsessive guy probably won't have a job, but people won't be actively trying to get rid of him, so he probably has zero economic value. Zero>Negative.

Now I'm just spouting utility nonsense...
Need to sleep now. Good night guys.
Old 2012-05-25, 11:28   Link #31373
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Of course, though, nobody wants to have terrorists, and on the contrary everyone wants to get rid of them, so terrorists probably have negative economic value. On the other hand, the 2D girl obsessive guy probably won't have a job, but people won't be actively trying to get rid of him, so he probably has zero economic value. Zero>Negative.
I think I am looking for this...

Guy Obsessed with 2d girl has little value in society while the terrorist has negative value in the society...

The Inactive Versus the Active...

In a way.... it is similar to why be lazy? Because less time would be spend in ruining somebody's life.....

====

Unlike Stratospear who enjoy putting too many weapons into one IS. I think I will restrict the number of IS weapons..... Unless the IS's main advantage is having too many weapons....

===

Dream Catcher's Armament:

EMI Cannon (Electro-Magnetic Interference Cannon): Exactly what it says.

-

Snow-Fire Maker: Cannon that fire Nanomachines. Disguised as Snow making machine.

Three firing mode:
Compact mode: fire a sphere that explode upon impact.... shorter range but pack more punch.

Spread Mode: technically function as particle cannon that fire a stream of Nanomachines. Due to the nanomachines absorbed the heat from the surrounding during their travel towards the target.... the nanomachine's ability to absorb/generate heat is weaker..... but the range is extended because the nanomachine is able to use the heat absorbed to propelled themselves forward.

Third Mode is secret. Nothing amazing though....

The Nanomachines causes Endothermic reaction when activated causing surrounding area to freeze up...... alternatively, they can over-charged themselves until they self-destruct.... generating heat in the surrounding area.

The Real function of the Nanomachine is to extend the range of Phantasmagoria Burst..... giving the machine a chance against flying unit....

-

There is no close-combat weapon because.... there is no need to... Dream Catcher's special system take care of any human beings who get too close.....

===
Old 2012-05-25, 11:35   Link #31374
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post

====

Unlike Stratospear who enjoy putting too many weapons into one IS. I think I will restrict the number of IS weapons..... Unless the IS's main advantage is having too many weapons....

===
Not for the Pearl Admiralty:

Quote:
As per its charged-particle manipulation capability, the Pearl Admiralty basically sports particle-beam based weaponry:
- Corona Lens, the Pearl Admiralty’s signature huge folding rifle that’s mounted onto the right arm. The weapon forges various forms of particle beam usage ranging from barriers to particle beam shots/streams/blades. The maximum output from this weapon can easily wipe out the entire energy barrier of any other 3rd Generation IS units with a single shot.
- ESCARS Blade, an alloy short sword that utilizes charged particles to augment its attack power. The only barrier-penetrating weapon in the Pearl Admiralty’s arsenal, the ESCARS acronym stands for Electrostatic Conductive Alloy Recovery System. The alloy blade can also be used as a normal solid melee weapon that’s prone to wear but, as the name dictates, can be re-strengthened using charged particles.

The Pearl Admiralty’s Closed Form takes the shape of an open-tip glove worn on the user’s right hand.

Other features:
- Aretha, a powerful repulse blast using a spherical wave formed by charged particles. Greatly damages the barrier power of nearby IS units while also having the potential to overload generators/capacitors or even annihilate standard, fortress-armored tanks.
While it's given the nickname "White Next" for being the second space-travelling IS. Said nickname also has a secondary meaning to AC/AC4 players :3
Old 2012-05-25, 20:43   Link #31375
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...I wonder how awkward it feels if you were suddenly roped into helping white out the sensitive parts in a doujin without any prior knowledge before you were made to agree.
Old 2012-05-25, 20:47   Link #31376
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Really awkward

Of course, if you''re clever and calm enough , you can just say "safety is not guaranteed"
Old 2012-05-25, 20:55   Link #31377
demino_hellsin
That one guy

safety?

Double entendre?
Old 2012-05-25, 21:04   Link #31378
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes, double entendre.

You're however referring to the mistake you could make in the process since you haver no freaking idea about the job except the principle (put something white on this part, oh wait).
Old 2012-05-25, 21:24   Link #31379
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Almost done with the next part I have no idea how Idol fans work, so I'm taking a guess.
Old 2012-05-25, 21:29   Link #31380
greedyspectator

@age
The creation of atomic bonds create energy. This is exothermic.
The breaking of atomic bonds require energy. This is endothermic.

In order for the nanomachines to freeze the air with endothermic reactions, they need to break atomic bonds in the air, like for example, break oxygen bonds in the air.

Unfortunately, single oxygen atoms, just like any other element that isn't a noble gas, is unstable. All atoms need to fulfill the octet rule in order to be stable (they need 8 total electrons in their valence layer, their outer layer). A single oxygen atom has 6 electrons in their valence layer. Oxygen in the air is stable because they form covalent bonds in pairs. If you split the atoms, they still need to stabilize themselves. Single oxygen atoms in the air will either recouple with other single oxygen atoms (thus creating bonds and creating heat), or couple with hydrogen to make water (also creating heat).

Of course, I doubt readers will care about this, but I find it highly unlikely that it is possible to use endothermic reactions to freeze up an area, simply because this will be counteracted with an exothermic reaction due to unstable molecules.

There are alternative ways to freeze up the air, though. You can make the nanomachines into insanely dense, insanely high capacity heat sinks. Heat moves from hotter areas to colder areas, thus the nanomachines can use their heat capacity to absorb heat from the area until the area and the nanomachines have the same temperature. In order to get rid of the heat in the nanomachines, you can equip a huge heat sink and a superefficient radiator on the IS unit, and the nanomachines can simply 'dock' inside the IS and transfer their heat to the IS, thus freeing up 'heat space' in the nanomachines.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest