AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-01-01, 23:48   Link #1461
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
No wonder jump-sniping is all over the place in them videos. It's a personal preference, but I kind of like being in the middle of the action where we get lots of melee fun. But that event in itself sounds like loads of fun. Bandai Namco sure know their stuff.
It depends on how well you play, IMHO. A good sniper, in the air, can shoot a guy while he is still moving; nothing quite like looking to chase someone down when all of a sudden, you fall right out of the sky.

The event will likely not be a whole lot of fun. Speaking from experience, it's not easy to earn lots of points when all you have are just snipers. A lot of guys will be jumping up and down looking for targets, and the sandstorm in one of the games will drop your sight down to near nothing. With radar almost useless, that will mean low scores.

Quote:
Well I think it's just the Bugis arcade, since the pods had their positions shifted, probably to a place with no network access. And seeing the changes in rev2.10 didn't really excite me either honestly, with the addition of Odessa being an exception. But that still doesn't sound good, since I do plan on going over to Japan for a holiday in the coming years, and get some rev2.x time on my card on the sidelines.
Your IC card should be upgradeable, but once you do this, it won't be usable back in Singapore. There is no way to downgrade the version as far as I know. Odessa is just another land stage. There are a few other fields like "A Baoa Qu", "Luna II" and "Northern Base" that are more fun, IMHO.

Unfortunately, the Gundam Card Builder game is pretty much gone from the arcade scene, but you might want to pick up a starter pack for the Battline PC game; OTOH, I don't know if there is an IP block on the servers to allow non-Japan players. There are a few games in Japan now that are pretty popular also; if you have a day to waste with nothing else to do, it might be something.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 14:33   Link #1462
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

So I just got my copy of Gundam Senki, does anybody know where is the best place to get a Japanese PSN card loaded with yen?
Old 2010-01-03, 22:23   Link #1463
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
So I just got my copy of Gundam Senki, does anybody know where is the best place to get a Japanese PSN card loaded with yen?
It seems that Play Asia sells these, and from people had written in the past, the company seems to be reputable.

Old 2010-01-04, 07:22   Link #1464
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
Your IC card should be upgradeable, but once you do this, it won't be usable back in Singapore. There is no way to downgrade the version as far as I know. Odessa is just another land stage. There are a few other fields like "A Baoa Qu", "Luna II" and "Northern Base" that are more fun, IMHO.

Unfortunately, the Gundam Card Builder game is pretty much gone from the arcade scene, but you might want to pick up a starter pack for the Battline PC game; OTOH, I don't know if there is an IP block on the servers to allow non-Japan players. There are a few games in Japan now that are pretty popular also; if you have a day to waste with nothing else to do, it might be something.
Yeah I'm planning only to get my card upgraded when the regional trial release is completed and the pod machines are retrieved by Bandai Namco. I only hope that the life of the Japanese machines outlast the regional release, if so.

That, or the regional trial release is a success and everyone gets full-fledged rev 2.x machines thanks to that.

As for the cardbuilder game, it never got a release here since there are more mainstream candidates like Sangokushi Taisen. And well, I kind of prefer the action genre instead of the tactical type of games.

As an aside, I spotted a TW/HK chuujou (major-general?) on the network (the Bugis arcade is back online, yay) using an ez8 and owning the living daylights out of every player he encountered. Seems that he's using an advanced technique where he deliberately misses the final ranged move at the end of his melee combo to deal insane damage.

I thought I saw Unicorn when I first laid eyes on ez8's ingame sprite, lol.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 16:43   Link #1465
Kirbyeggs
Even in Death I Serve

pretty sure this is for gundam vs gundam next plus or maybe not?
the animation is pretty good
Kirbyeggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 18:42   Link #1466
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbyeggs View Post

pretty sure this is for gundam vs gundam next plus or maybe not?
the animation is pretty good
No its not. It was released with one of the music CD compilations earlier this year actually, I think, and was first shown in one of the many Gundam conventions Japan had this year.

Either way its old news. Not that we don't appreciate seeing it again.
Old 2010-01-04, 20:37   Link #1467
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I didn't see this posted, so I figure I'll do it.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/105/1058091p1.html
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 23:56   Link #1468
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I didn't see this posted, so I figure I'll do it.
"Gundam Assault Survive"? It sounds like a new entry in the "Gundam Battle" series for the PSP - although the "Survive" bit rather make it look like a battle royale type of game as well.

Quote:
Yeah I'm planning only to get my card upgraded when the regional trial release is completed and the pod machines are retrieved by Bandai Namco. I only hope that the life of the Japanese machines outlast the regional release, if so.
Oh, so it is definitely confirmed that for HK, SG and TW, this is just a trial and not a permanent release?

Quote:
That, or the regional trial release is a success and everyone gets full-fledged rev 2.x machines thanks to that.
This could happen since the game is losing popularity, and turning it into a regional competition should spark things up. They have been holding regular EFSF vs Zeon competitions so doing this could be a good extension.

Quote:
As for the cardbuilder game, it never got a release here since there are more mainstream candidates like Sangokushi Taisen. And well, I kind of prefer the action genre instead of the tactical type of games.
GCB is a bit of both, and is in the same "Sangokushi Taisen" and "Lord of Vermilion" game type dating back to the mid 2000's. The current generation with "LoV2" and baseball games is more of the same, but with hi-res/def graphics and sound. Off topic, but you might want to try the new "Border Break" game then when you are visiting Japan.

Quote:
As an aside, I spotted a TW/HK chuujou (major-general?) on the network (the Bugis arcade is back online, yay) using an ez8 and owning the living daylights out of every player he encountered. Seems that he's using an advanced technique where he deliberately misses the final ranged move at the end of his melee combo to deal insane damage.
Hazushi. It's basically taking advantage of the fact that you have a split second of delay before the guy goes down from a melee combo to use a gun/grenade/chain mine, but if you deliberately miss, you then can chain a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) melee combo to it to extend the attack for an even longer chain. It gets fixed in ver2 so you can't use this to grind the other player to death without him being able to break the combo too easily.

Old 2010-01-06, 03:08   Link #1469
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
Spoiler for Gundam Assault Survive:
Old 2010-01-06, 04:17   Link #1470
calubin_175

Woah, cross universe and 3 unit platoon formation, but it's the same engine anyway.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 12:24   Link #1471
Alexus_Z3
new to gunpla

I'm going to buy a PSP very soon (preparing for KH BBS ) and perhaps I might get a copy of GVsG plus. is it possible to play it in non Japanese PSP? (region lock etc etc)
Alexus_Z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 13:47   Link #1472
Id.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus_Z3 View Post
I'm going to buy a PSP very soon (preparing for KH BBS ) and perhaps I might get a copy of GVsG plus. is it possible to play it in non Japanese PSP? (region lock etc etc)
Yeah, it's not region locked. The only thing you need to play the game is a firmware update that becomes possible as soon as you put it in your PSP.
Id. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 14:06   Link #1473
Alexus_Z3
new to gunpla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Id. View Post
Yeah, it's not region locked. The only thing you need to play the game is a firmware update that becomes possible as soon as you put it in your PSP.
Thanx - PSP game getting more and more irresistible lately
Alexus_Z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 07:17   Link #1474
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamAker View Post
Spoiler for Gundam Assault Survive:
Is this an RPG style game? Need a NEW gundam 00 Game for the PS3 @ WII!!
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 05:12   Link #1475
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
Spoiler for Gundam Battle Survive:
Old 2010-01-15, 17:32   Link #1476
tetsuo69

^

Dont look that good
Old 2010-01-20, 16:30   Link #1477
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Watched some videos for Gundam vs Gundam next plus , look great with thoses nostlagic sounds
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 23:54   Link #1478
ddxassasult

if any of u want u can check out this gundam game online Universal century gundam online this one is new and being updated every day and its pretty much all in english heres the link tks ^^ http://ucgoserver.com/
ddxassasult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 00:27   Link #1479
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Watched some videos for Gundam vs Gundam next plus , look great with thoses nostlagic sounds
The soundtrack also sounds like something from a Super Nintendo game for some reason. Really odd....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 16:01   Link #1480
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Hmm i dunno for the BGM . Didn't pay attention .

Got the game , dunno how to use special attack like Trans-am etc ... someone can tell me ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote