AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-16, 18:53   Link #461
Jze0
Hmmm...

Fast response, thank you.
Old 2009-10-21, 11:15   Link #462
Riskbreaker

A couple of questions:

Firstly, during Eva-Beatrice's accession ceremony, it's mentioned that Lambdadelta gave her recommendation for Eva to be allowed to become a witch. Does this process apply to all witch apprentices? And if so, is it ever explained in the VN who allowed Beato, Lamdadelta, Virgilla & Bernkastel to become witches?
Old 2009-10-21, 11:36   Link #463
Kite22
Wielder of the Bracelet

Send a message via AIM to Kite22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riskbreaker View Post
A couple of questions:

Firstly, during Eva-Beatrice's accession ceremony, it's mentioned that Lambdadelta gave her recommendation for Eva to be allowed to become a witch. Does this process apply to all witch apprentices? And if so, is it ever explained in the VN who allowed Beato, Lamdadelta, Virgilla & Bernkastel to become witches?
I don't think it applies to all Witches, or at least only certain ones. Bern just sorta "poofed" into existence and it's never said if she and Lambda ever had to be recommended (though it seems they didn't). We don't know who recommended Virgilia and I don't think we know who recommended Beato.
Old 2009-10-21, 11:40   Link #464
maximilianjenus
[E]

Beato recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato.

From what I remember based off novel text, they need a mugen+ witch recomendation, so beato could have recomended evatrice, but lambda delta did it herself. Hanyu might have recomended Bernkastel, but maybe beating lambda delta was enough to skip the recommendation part for her.
Old 2009-10-21, 12:01   Link #465
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Beato recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato, whom recommended Beato.

From what I remember based off novel text, they need a mugen+ witch recomendation, so beato could have recomended evatrice, but lambda delta did it herself. Hanyu might have recomended Bernkastel, but maybe beating lambda delta was enough to skip the recommendation part for her.
I don't think that's always the case... I'd say more but it'd be spoilers, so maybe by the end of EP3 you'll know what I mean...

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
Old 2009-10-21, 12:10   Link #466
Riskbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite22
I don't think it applies to all Witches, or at least only certain ones. Bern just sorta "poofed" into existence and it's never said if she and Lambda ever had to be recommended (though it seems they didn't). We don't know who recommended Virgilia and I don't think we know who recommended Beato.
Ok, A shame that it hasn't been explained for each of them, it all seemed really interesting... Oh well, nevertheless, thanks for the fast response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus
A Mugen+ witch recommendation? Is that mean't to be a kind of organisational type achievement or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara
I don't think that's always the case... I'd say more but it'd be spoilers
Please do, i'd like to know!
Old 2009-10-21, 12:22   Link #467
Marion
The Great Dine

To become an Endless you need

1) Support from the current Endless Witch (aka the soon to be predecessor)
2) Support from an existing witch on the council of the 'Witches Senate' as they call it.
Old 2009-10-21, 12:23   Link #468
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

Spoiler for Witches:
Old 2009-10-22, 21:58   Link #469
maximilianjenus
[E]

Spoiler for Episedo4 extra tips and witches:
Old 2009-10-23, 10:47   Link #470
Chrono Helix

Spoiler for Ep 17:
Old 2009-10-23, 11:02   Link #471
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Spoiler for episode17 answer:

Old 2009-10-25, 01:31   Link #472
Lemons
Jazzy

Since her appearance is finally made known:

Spoiler for Ange question:
Old 2009-10-25, 01:35   Link #473
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Ange was mentioned being ill by Eva during the first chapter in the VN. So during the introductions of Battler, George, Eva, Hideyoshi, Rudolf, and Kyrie. She was never mentioned being ill in the anime.
Old 2009-10-25, 01:40   Link #474
Lemons
Jazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
Ange was mentioned being ill by Eva during the first chapter in the VN. So during the introductions of Battler, George, Eva, Hideyoshi, Rudolf, and Kyrie. She was never mentioned being ill in the anime.
But that's just poor writing if they come, and mention her in the anime with the drop of a hat, with no other mention of her being sick before that giving us any intel on who she is.

Why would Battler be surprised , and worried for Ange if Beato's magic can only affect Rokkenjima, and if he just mentions her for the first time then? Beatrice can't do anything to Ange as long as she stays off the island, it's not like Battler knows Ange will come to it or not.
Old 2009-10-25, 01:47   Link #475
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
Beatrice can't do anything to Ange as long as she stays off the island, it's not like Battler knows Ange will come to it or not.
Thing is though, Battler is the only person in her direct family that is currently living. He feels he has a duty to return to her and take the parental role in place of their now dead parents.

It's not that he's worried that she'll die, he's worried she'll end up growing up with no family.
Old 2009-10-25, 02:57   Link #476
MarthX

The anime's official site had Ange listed as Kyrie's child after the first episode aired. It just didn't say her name, it only said child. Umineko is aired for the Japanese demographic not us. They expected the viewer to go there for extra information. You have to go there to see the next episode previews and at the beginning of every episode, it has a text scroll mentioning the site.

The relationship chart list was even translated and posted here numerous times.

Even though they should have mentioned her earlier, there was ways to know without spoiling yourself. Ryukishi07 writes extra TIPS that aren't in the visual novel that may or may not contain important information. The extra information on the site was essentially the anime's version of extra TIPs.
Old 2009-10-25, 11:59   Link #477
Uchiha Soul

where is Lambadadelta? i remember the beginning of the 3rd story Beato said that Lambadadelta nominated or voted for Evatrica to become the new one, so she must be her supporter or something like that, i expected to see her in this story? the story may end next epi and she still didnt appear?
i mean she must help Evatrice as her supporter.. right?
Old 2009-10-25, 12:03   Link #478
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Lambdadelta and Bernkastel don't appear much besides some very special scenes, and the Tea Parties, which are those little epilogue like things after everyone is dead. So where she is nobody knows, but next episode the arc will end, so as usual we'll see her in one of the Tea Parties.
Old 2009-10-29, 03:19   Link #479
lubczyk

Does Umineko have an ending or conclusion? If not, than I'm dropping the franchise. I can't be left handing in the wind.
Old 2009-10-29, 03:25   Link #480
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

It will eventually have an ending. The first season of the anime doesn't have it however. The visual novel hasn't ended yet.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a