AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-03, 01:07   Link #321
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Kirio added to OP part with Koushiro
"Wait, you were there?"
*checks original OP to see if Kirio was there as a shadow*
Was not...
And yet Mayuri's face continues to elude us. I fear her screen time may be less than I'd want, especially since that poster came out

I find it amusing other Anime show their characters in the OP with no restraint, but they're taking their sweet time with this one XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Maybe the two things you mentionned here are linked?
Utao unconsiously went into "super seki" mode?
Could be. But then again maybe these two weren't meant to bite each others head off and there's some kind of self defense against each other

Quote:
My reason: he's the main character
Utao's the main character.

You don't see "Kyohei's Corner" after the credits, do you?

*runs*

Quote:
What are you talking about?
The staff just thought about the ladies a bit and gave them a glorious Kyohei bath scene.
You know what I'm talking about I don't want to see some guy dunk his head underwater and drown himself, I want to see a girl wash her nice hair, I want to see a girl wash her armpits, I.... no, I don't mean Utao-chan, don't eyeball me

Quote:
Count me in as someone else who was skeptical at first but is liking it more and more,though some of the comedy still isn't working on me.
Oh I was never skeptical from the start. I knew what size boobies I was diving into since ep01 and Hibino delivers everytime she's on screen. Oh, that's not what we're talking about? Shuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It's become a real "edge of your seat" anime for me.
I've never been bored of this series so far. It's been launched to the top of my "can't wait for next week" list for Summer 2k11, and it's not letting up XD

Quote:
I think it was a wise decision for Episode 5 to give us a break from Aki and Insane Girl. I hope we do get to see some more of the two of them causing chaos together, but I think that (temporarily) focusing on generally more sane characters helps to keep this anime's narrative a bit more "grounded", which in turn aids the intensity level for me.
It definitely fit the story to leave those 2 out. I like the way this series is continuing it's arc in a sense that in the episode you are watching, the story and characters being portrayed are what you need to see at that moment, and not needlessly inserting them so early on and then dropping them completely till later *cough* Narumi in Mayo Chiki *cough*. That's why I'm not too disappointed that the KanaHana girl is showing up rather late here, when Mayuri shows up I'm sure it's going to be well within the story, so here's hoping I enjoy that

By the way, I kinda lauged when I saw Kukuri's arm (ear?) in a sling. I was like "really Doll, that helps?"
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 01:28   Link #322
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Feels like Kirio is going to be a key driver of conflict as this series progresses, and he's going to have to choose the Jedi or the Sith path at some point. One interesting element of this is that, for whatever reason they were split up - balance, whatever - if he really is Utao's twin than he's a Kuga who's effectively been kidnapped and abused by the Hyuga. I can't imagine that will sit well with Kyouhei, and he's already proven himself willing to go against the wishes of the village elders.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 01:51   Link #323
Ziziphus
Whatever

I, for one, has been enjoying the series from the start. I saw a lot of potential in the story and was captivated by the atmosphere built up in episode 1. Ep 2 & 3 were a bit weaker than ep 1 to me, but the last two episodes have been greatly executed and advanced the plot nicely. I'm also glad to see the anime getting a better reception as it should. Now I just hope its short length wouldn't become its downfall somewhere in its run.

Agreed with Triple_R about the brother/sister relationship. That is one of the things I enjoy in this anime as well. Granted, Utao is confirmed for a brocon, but that is still very realistically portrayed and I think it adds more to the brother/sister chemistry.

Quote:
So is it me or does Amaterasu kind of look like what was in Kyohei's vision of his past.
Hey, that's what I thought too when I saw Amaterasu. Seems very likely to me. The village doesn't look to have too many dolls.
Old 2011-08-03, 02:22   Link #324
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post
I, for one, has been enjoying the series from the start. I saw a lot of potential in the story and was captivated by the atmosphere built up in episode 1. Ep 2 & 3 were a bit weaker than ep 1 to me, but the last two episodes have been greatly executed and advanced the plot nicely. I'm also glad to see the anime getting a better reception as it should. Now I just hope its short length wouldn't become its downfall somewhere in its run.
Yeah, I agree with just about all of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post
Agreed with Triple_R about the brother/sister relationship. That is one of the things I enjoy in this anime as well. Granted, Utao is confirmed for a brocon, but that is still very realistically portrayed and I think it adds more to the brother/sister chemistry.
Agreed. I'm fine with Utao being a brocon, because it makes sense given her background. I mean, this Village doesn't seem like the nicest place in the world, so it's certainly possible that Kyohei is one of a precious few to show Utao any affection whatsoever while she was growing up. It makes sense for her to grow a bit more attached to him than what your average little sister would. As long as Kyohei just teases her a bit about her being a brocon (or is oblivious to it), I'm cool with it.
Old 2011-08-03, 10:14   Link #325
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Honestly this is quite a good show , i enjoy it.
But i find there are too much red on Utao's face lol

Anyway , nice episode , the road part remembered me some memories irl ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 12:05   Link #326
Sides

Kind of surprised that the outer body of the kakashi, or at least kukuri, are made from timber, or it that a translation error?
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 15:57   Link #327
tera_ha

story seems to be nice but it is very poorly executed imo
Old 2011-08-03, 20:12   Link #328
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Kind of surprised that the outer body of the kakashi, or at least kukuri, are made from timber, or it that a translation error?
It is accurate, and the way kakashi's frames are made ougtha be described in the next expisode.
Old 2011-08-03, 20:51   Link #329
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Epic battle music again (just right after the episode title)!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 01:10   Link #330
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
It is accurate, and the way kakashi's frames are made ougtha be described in the next expisode.
Yeah, just finally watched the preview for ep 06, and it looks like next ep will be a lot of fun. Didn't show any Mayuri, but the repair girl shows up, so I'm looking forward to some explanation about the Dolls and perhaps their internals too. And lol poor Utao-chan, looks like her face will be even more active
Old 2011-08-04, 04:46   Link #331
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Episode 5 was pretty awesome, and the series seems to be going full speed now, with tons of hints and revelations every episode. Despite the slow start, I think the series can actually be one of the best of the season.(Not that I'm a big fan of anything else this season. )

By the way, this is kind of a stretch, but is anyone else drawing parallels between Kamisama Dolls and Gasaraki? They actually have very similar plot elements, IMO.
Old 2011-08-04, 11:28   Link #332
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman.exe213 View Post
By the way, this is kind of a stretch, but is anyone else drawing parallels between Kamisama Dolls and Gasaraki? They actually have very similar plot elements, IMO.
yup there are some similarities, especially the part with ancient weapons better than today ones, but Gasaraki is all serious and involving much larger scale

surprisingly i am enjoying this series more than expected, hope it keep this up
Old 2011-08-04, 15:33   Link #333
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Episode 5 was pretty awesome, and the series seems to be going full speed now, with tons of hints and revelations every episode. Despite the slow start, I think the series can actually be one of the best of the season.(Not that I'm a big fan of anything else this season. )

Kamisama Dolls is the better of the two. Gasaraki put me to bed...... dang, it was boring
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 21:30   Link #334
Wakan Tanka

The Kakashi are stupid and the music played along is even dumber, two giant poles fighting in mid air, seriously! However, this Amateratsu looks like a bad-ass.
Old 2011-08-05, 02:30   Link #335
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
What??? I love the music, and like the mech designs
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 04:53   Link #336
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
What??? I love the music, and like the mech designs
*rips the words er text out of Malk's mouth uh keyboard and pastes it into his post*

I find the Doll's music quite fascinating, actually. You have Aki's doll, which is like some serene music as if the poor guy's looking for peace, you have Kukuri's which is some sort of lullaby, a match for the loli owner, there's Koushiro's doll which has some rock and roll tune, very much like its user who looks much like a rockstar himself, and then Kirio's Zuchi which has a hilarious Hee hee hee type of tune as mischievous as it's owner

I wonder if Hibino becomes my doll, what kind of music shall I give her...
Old 2011-08-05, 08:44   Link #337
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:

Yeah I had the same tought. Aesthetically I liked Gasaraki, but I felt myself headscratching a lot at the plot.

Here I am mostly draw from the plot (and take for 2nd degree many aesthetical points that would otherwise send a shiver down my spine).
Old 2011-08-05, 09:49   Link #338
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
*rips the words er text out of Malk's mouth uh keyboard and pastes it into his post*

I find the Doll's music quite fascinating, actually. You have Aki's doll, which is like some serene music as if the poor guy's looking for peace, you have Kukuri's which is some sort of lullaby, a match for the loli owner, there's Koushiro's doll which has some rock and roll tune, very much like its user who looks much like a rockstar himself, and then Kirio's Zuchi which has a hilarious Hee hee hee type of tune as mischievous as it's owner

Are there any recordings of the songs yet or will we have to wait for the soundtrack?
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 14:41   Link #339
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Just started the show last night i was pretty impressed by the first episode. I must say it was not what i was expecting but man its got me hooked already most def downloading latest episode tonight and watching them after I watch the new episode of Thundercats
Old 2011-08-05, 17:49   Link #340
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Isn't that obvious?
Spoiler for NSFW:

And while I agree with some of the favorable statements made about this show, I do think it's getting lauded a bit too much because it has glaring flaws that it got rightly chewed out for after the first episode and it has yet to actually do something truly fabulous.
And imho, Kirio's psyche held up surprisingly well given how he was raised and how he knows that all that Utao has should have been his as well. And Koushiro seems to be more of a badass than I initially thought he was. Interesting.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, horror, romance, seinen