AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-12, 19:32   Link #1661
chikkychappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdragon1793 View Post
The Phantom Troupe are the greatest characters in the series. I've always loved them since the 1999 version. I loved this episode because of the action and all, but I felt like the first part was too sudden. Did anyone else feel the same way? I kinda liked how the 1999 anime built up the action, like those references to Neon's prophecies and the other Phantom Troupe's disguise. I'm also wondering why they didn't look for Tocino and Baise anymore.
well that's how it was in the manga so....
though i agree with you, that was a great build-up by 99. loved daltzorne quoting the prophecy as chopin's heroic played in the background

anyway another great episode. madhouse has revved it up starting ep 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Seriously? You don't think those deaths had more dramatic impact because they actually gave the characters a decent introduction?
good to know that first-time viewers got this impression. tbh, the filler introductions were actually one of the more entertaining scenes in ep 39. but i can't deny that madhouse's main purpose was really to pad the episode, based on the slow pace of the other scenes and the overabundance of flashbacks

Last edited by chikkychappy; 2012-08-12 at 22:09.
chikkychappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 23:14   Link #1662
FateAnomaly

I am a bit confused here. The spiders are A-class bounties. Surely there are wanted pictures of them since they don't bother to hide themselves. Why is it that Kurapica don't recognise them despite having access to hunter information? Wouldn't he have look up information on them the first opportunity he gets?

Also why did the vacuum cleaner girl bother to suck up the dead bodies? Does the vacuum cleaner need to eat or something?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 00:36   Link #1663
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I am a bit confused here. The spiders are A-class bounties. Surely there are wanted pictures of them since they don't bother to hide themselves. Why is it that Kurapica don't recognise them despite having access to hunter information? Wouldn't he have look up information on them the first opportunity he gets?

Also why did the vacuum cleaner girl bother to suck up the dead bodies? Does the vacuum cleaner need to eat or something?
To simplely answer your first question. Everyone who came into contact with the Spiders, all died.

Maybe the vacuum cleaner girl job, is to hide their trail or existences.
Old 2012-08-13, 07:06   Link #1664
ookamigirl

The auction began in an interesting way.
To be more precise, it ended before it had a chance to begin.
That pursuers didn't stand a chance against the crazy bunch of Nen users.
Bloodbath after bloodbath, pretty cold and gruesome.
Looks like there will be a really interesting episode next time.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 09:41   Link #1665
SHINOBI-03

Spoiler for Synopsis of the Hunter x Hunter movie:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 10:50   Link #1666
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:

As has been said, the reason they don't bother to hide themselves is because no one who meets them to know who they are and survive to tell about it, let alone take a picture.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 11:48   Link #1667
HandofFate

is there any other kid battle shonen series that's as violent as Hunter x Hunter?
Old 2012-08-13, 13:46   Link #1668
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
is there any other kid battle shonen series that's as violent as Hunter x Hunter?
if you are going by they beign published in shonen magazines like this one, there are lots, specially old school, fist of the noth star, the JOJO series and even togashis's yu yu hakusho runned on shonned jump, and recently there was claymore or D-gray man, touhg these have been moved to a more mature but still shonen publication, still square enix probably is probably the one who publishes the most violent series under their shonen vairiations of gangan .
Old 2012-08-13, 13:55   Link #1669
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
Spoiler for Synopsis of the Hunter x Hunter movie:
Is the movie canon ?
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 14:00   Link #1670
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
To simplely answer your first question. Everyone who came into contact with the Spiders, all died.

Maybe the vacuum cleaner girl job, is to hide their trail or existences.
She's a cleaner.
Old 2012-08-13, 15:09   Link #1671
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Is the movie canon ?
Not sure at this point. Some say it's an alternate retelling of Yorknew arc.
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 16:37   Link #1672
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Seriously? You don't think those deaths had more dramatic impact because they actually gave the characters a decent introduction?
Not really, no. They already receive decent introductions in the meeting with Dalzollene and Kurapica (pretty much the same thing, saying their names and giving a demonstration of their Nen ability), so all those scenes did was needlessly introduce them twice. The "increased spotlight" didn't really add anything to their characters and instead simply slowed down the pace of the story. Excuse me for finding that waste of time to be a result of a need to extend the episode for the sake of it rather than a genuine desire to enhance the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkychappy View Post
good to know that first-time viewers got this impression. tbh, the filler introductions were actually one of the more entertaining scenes in ep 39. but i can't deny that madhouse's main purpose was really to pad the episode, based on the slow pace of the other scenes and the overabundance of flashbacks
Exactly. It's nice that some viewers were able to get something out of it, but the way that particular episode was handled in general makes it clear to me that the purpose of those scenes was to pad it. I mean, was there really a need to foreshadow the previous bodyguard who got turned into a live painting by showing him tied up and making him seem more important than he turned out to be? Again, extending the episode for the sake of it.

But whatever, people are free to speculate regardless, since author intent is not something us viewers can know for certain, and if some still got something out of those scenes, more power to them.

Quote:
Also why did the vacuum cleaner girl bother to suck up the dead bodies?
Hiding the evidence? What to do with the body is one of the biggest hassles in assassinations, and Shizuku's ability is the perfect solution for it.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 17:09   Link #1673
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Hiding the evidence? What to do with the body is one of the biggest hassles in assassinations, and Shizuku's ability is the perfect solution for it.
Yeah. From what I think, the remains can tell the nature of deaths and can trace back to the killer's methods and/or abilities.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 18:17   Link #1674
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
It also lets them find out if anyone's still alive, so they can finish off the witnesses.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 22:38   Link #1675
FateAnomaly

If everyone who meets them died, then Kurapica and gang are the first ones smart enough to first observe them from afar?

If no one recognise them, then how do the bounty work?
Old 2012-08-14, 07:33   Link #1676
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
Spoiler:
I actually thought that was kinda cute, but then again I am biased since I love the GonxKillua pairing/shipping.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 10:03   Link #1677
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
If everyone who meets them died, then Kurapica and gang are the first ones smart enough to first observe them from afar?

If no one recognise them, then how do the bounty work?
I imagine it's something like this.
Quote:
WANTED: Phantom Troupe

Number of members: 10(right?)

Known members: None

Known characteristics: Spider tattoo with a number on their backs

Threat Level: Ridiculous

Reward for dead member: 1 Zillion Jeni
Reward for live member: 1 Blajillion Jeni
Reward for picture of member: 1 Billion Jeni
As for observing them from afar, afaik this is actually the first time that the phantom troupe acts out in the open.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 10:15   Link #1678
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
I actually thought that was kinda cute, but then again I am biased since I love the GonxKillua pairing/shipping.
And they did something similar for Hisoka.
Old 2012-08-14, 12:26   Link #1679
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I imagine it's something like this.

As for observing them from afar, afaik this is actually the first time that the phantom troupe acts out in the open.
I don't think it's their style to be particularly secretive...

Anyway, note that Uvo plans on killing everyone. Who's to say that they haven't already noticed the people watching from a distance and plan on killing them afterward? It's pretty obvious that they're not taking this very seriously.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 22:39   Link #1680
FateAnomaly

It is very possible for some people to take their photos and upload it into the internet while they are fooling around but probably wouldn't happen for some plot reasons.

Tags
action, shounen