AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note - Episode 35 Rating
Perfect 10 45 55.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 23.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 9.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-14, 23:59   Link #41
kazune-kun

Haha wow.. how cruel can Light get?

Yeah, he does gets away with a lot of things but I have a feeling that they are going to turn the tables around in the end and karma will bite him in the ass.
Old 2007-06-15, 03:43   Link #42
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

That was a fantastic episode. Madhouse rocked once more. The direction is so awesome I wanna cry.
Old 2007-06-15, 09:59   Link #43
Vali

I hated how easily Mello died. I kind of expected him to die sooner or later, but i was hoping he would go out with a much bigger bang. I expected him to pull something much crazier than the takada kidnapping plan. He just didnt get enough time to truly impress the audience, and truly show us why he was one of the two to be chosen as L's successor. I dont know. I just expected more from him
Old 2007-06-15, 10:40   Link #44
Max Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vali View Post
I hated how easily Mello died. I kind of expected him to die sooner or later, but i was hoping he would go out with a much bigger bang. I expected him to pull something much crazier than the takada kidnapping plan. He just didnt get enough time to truly impress the audience, and truly show us why he was one of the two to be chosen as L's successor. I dont know. I just expected more from him

I didn't mind it at all, he died as soon as his name was revealed. Thats what made the revealing of his name do dramatic and amazing.
Old 2007-06-15, 11:36   Link #45
Willowwhisp

To be honest, I was also highly disappointed with Mello's death as well. I expected* him to have some involvement in the finale with Near and Light, so seeing him killed off so easily and quickly seemed a bit cheap to me.

*It's probably worth noting that I'm not a manga reader.
Old 2007-06-15, 11:48   Link #46
vblaze101

Spoiler for Takada:
Old 2007-06-16, 02:10   Link #47
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Spoiler for minor manga gripage, not really a spoiler:

T_T
Old 2007-06-16, 05:06   Link #48
Jaden

When Takada calls Light from the truck there are glass shards and some heavy looking tool on the floor, so she must've broken out to fetch the cellphone. Light figures that if she's free then starting a fire wouldn't be a problem either. Still, it does seem quite plotholish.
Old 2007-06-16, 14:53   Link #49
Ryou
Hellion

Send a message via MSN to Ryou Send a message via Yahoo to Ryou
Spoiler for Scene:
Old 2007-06-16, 18:06   Link #50
Zek
Eyebrows...

My main complaint with Mello's death is how stupid he was to let it happen. I mean, he must have realized that Takada could have a note, and that his name was out there even if she didn't have the shinigami eyes. So for him to needlessly show her his face and then go soft and assume she wouldn't have a note page in her bra seemed like a cop-out to get him killed. It's just too sloppy for Mello.
Old 2007-06-17, 00:34   Link #51
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
My main complaint with Mello's death is how stupid he was to let it happen. I mean, he must have realized that Takada could have a note, and that his name was out there even if she didn't have the shinigami eyes. So for him to needlessly show her his face and then go soft and assume she wouldn't have a note page in her bra seemed like a cop-out to get him killed. It's just too sloppy for Mello.
Bear in mind that neither L, Near or Mello realized that segments of the DN pages could be torn out and still be effective, for they've only seen the DN being used in its original untorn form (the torn pages have all been meticulously hidden from their knowledge by Light). For L and Mello, their failure to consider this vital clue cost them their lives. Now only Near remains.
Old 2007-06-17, 08:26   Link #52
medigo

well technically L did realize it was a possibility, but he never shared that theory with anyone else as far as I can tell..
besides L was done in by a whole nother piece of information, the fact that Rem had her own deathnote still, heh
Old 2007-06-17, 14:24   Link #53
Super Ska Master

I find it interesting that this episode was based off of a single chapter of the manga.
Old 2007-06-17, 20:31   Link #54
Zek
Eyebrows...

I guess that's true, though Mello should have thought to attempt that while he had the note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medigo View Post
well technically L did realize it was a possibility, but he never shared that theory with anyone else as far as I can tell..
besides L was done in by a whole nother piece of information, the fact that Rem had her own deathnote still, heh
Yeah, L's biggest mistake was not driving home his theories with the investigation team before he died. If he had just said "Guys, I think I'm pretty screwed, so here's what I think" they probably could have busted Light - in the end they didn't even realize that L was almost positive that Light was Kira and Misa was doing judgements. I thought it was sort of dumb that they didn't at least go ahead with the plan to test the 13 Day rule.
Old 2007-06-18, 03:56   Link #55
Rem and Ryuk

L was very into his friendship with Light, if you didn't notice. He really didn't WANT to think Light is Kira, which is why he fell for such traps and let his guard slip. That's what makes L so great and Near so crappy. L is human and you love him 'cuz he's so human even though he's alll perfect and smart. That was his downfall yes, but that made his character. To me Near and Light are not much different from each other, just stone cold zombies. L was the one with the heart.
Old 2007-06-18, 10:47   Link #56
digitalmaster287

It really sucks that the main subbers have stopped subbing Death Note. Viz to me jurst seems to be sending the letter a few episodes before the end so that persons following the anime up till now will buy the box set of of them. Now I have no idea where Im gona get my Death Note supply Maybe I'll hafta watch them on tv...

There is no hidden msg here

Last edited by digitalmaster287; 2007-06-20 at 14:03.
Old 2007-06-18, 15:00   Link #57
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem and Ryuk View Post
L was very into his friendship with Light, if you didn't notice. He really didn't WANT to think Light is Kira, which is why he fell for such traps and let his guard slip. That's what makes L so great and Near so crappy. L is human and you love him 'cuz he's so human even though he's alll perfect and smart. That was his downfall yes, but that made his character. To me Near and Light are not much different from each other, just stone cold zombies. L was the one with the heart.
No, I think it was pretty obvious by the end that L knew Light was Kira. He just couldn't do anything about it without being able to prove it. He was confident that disproving the 13 Day rule would close the case because he knew that Light and Misa were guilty. The investigation team just kept doubting him and getting in his way. Certainly he was sad about it though, realizing that his only friend was just trying to kill him.
Old 2007-06-18, 16:32   Link #58
akoftroy

L never saw Light as a friend, it was all an act. I know they tried to play up their "friendship" in the anime but that's just BS.

Also, someone said this episode was based off a single chapter which is not the case.
Old 2007-06-18, 17:06   Link #59
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Murder Intent

People, only two episodes left. Two episode left before the awaited conclusion, and tomorrow the penultimate episode airs bringing forth the climax.

Will Near have the last laugh or will Light's dream of Kira's Kingdom on Earth come true?

We won't know until tomorrow and next week.

What a strange ride this second part to Death Note has been. Honestly, I think that the second part substantially lacks the charm and vibe from the first arc. I say this because the first part we stood as witnesses to two titans of intellectual proportions on a game of wits to find out about each other's identities in order to finish one or the other.
For the second part I feel there are too much parties involved, making the scope diversified upon all the general cast and not focusing more upon a true network of rivalry between Near, Mello, and Light as it had been between Light and L.

Spoiler:

Light has indeed ascended to the throne of the villains.
Old 2007-06-18, 17:38   Link #60
mycen

To be fair to L, he did suspect that one could use the DN by its torn out page and was about to test the 13 day rule. He was out-manouvered by Light who had a distinct advantage of working on the inside. In the end, I think L knows that he was right all along.
Near did not had such a disadvantage and is now out-smarting Light.
Closed Thread