AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 12 20.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 39.66%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 25.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-04, 11:22   Link #101
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Me not , Layfon x Leerin look more better . Savaris x Shinola is more appropriate , in my opinion .
Felli sure got good taste in clothes ^^
Old 2009-03-04, 13:08   Link #102
Archmagination2002

I think it has more to due with the fact that most of the City's are able to locate and avoid the Filth Monsters. Its a rare city that will actively seek and battle Filth Monsters, Grendan is the only one mentioned so far... though Zuellini is now starting to show a litte of the same behavior as Grendan.

Nina's viewpoint in this episode is common to most academic city's.(Logical guess) The battles with other city's over the energy mines are supposed to be very serious training matches for fighting the Filth Monsters and teach all the things Nina mentioned. Nina finally realizes in this episode that everything she has thrown her effort into is nothing more than a baby learning to walk while the Filth Monsters are like an MMA fighter. Its a complete shock to her and she finally realizes how lucky Zuellni was that Layfon was there.
Old 2009-03-04, 13:59   Link #103
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Love the rivalry between Felli and the Cat girl no wait... the Monkey girl!
Old 2009-03-04, 15:15   Link #104
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
I think that Gorneo is simply jelous of Layfon..... becouse he was a HB yet he acted like he acted...... mostly Gorneo was not strong enought like his older brother to become a HB so he is angry at Layfon that he thrown away something that is his dream (talking about Gorneo's dream)

But honestly if Layfon didnt done that then Zueli would be destroyed since Layfon wouldnt be there ;] such unthankable bastards ^^

Layfon should just kick Gorneos ass to show him what a HB level is.... and what a gap in power there is.... maybe then he would leave him alone....
I'm sure Gorneo knows about what a HB level is. However, it's that stupid and annoying monkey girl that doesn't.

Oh, I have to say although the city was eerie, it was somehow nice to look at.... then again it's still about my love for ruins or something. You can see something similar in my signature too.
Old 2009-03-04, 17:21   Link #105
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I really liked this episode since it appears we are starting to dig in to Layfon's past. Up till now the guy has basically been untouched so its nice to see some opposition to him which i feel will not only make him grow as a character but give his team mates another look at him. We all have skeletons in our closet but those skeletons do not define who we are. I was quite shocked that these two showed rather quickly and im sure the prez is having fun as usual with all this.

Felli looked gorgeous as usual black really suits her and we got her patented kick on Layfon AGAIN the guy is going to have surgery to replace his knees if this keeps up. I did however enjoy Felli's little trick on annoying loud monkey girl (i cant remember her name) her dome must have been throbbing after hitting that pipe lol. Of course Felli's rehtoric in most episodes are funny but what i liked was she did question Layfon about his past instead she stated the other two were annoying and her comment about lifting her up more gently. As much as i love Fell's and Layfons interactions i just cant see her as a lover interest not with Leerin looking very good as a match for him.

The power difference between Layfon, monkey girl and Gorneo is too large. They can bitch and moan all they want but if they want to beat Layfon there is one way GET STRONGER Layfon is also intelligent while in combat so i cant see dirty tricks working either. I am however glad they arrived because i really want to know what this grudge is all about. If something mainly with jealousy im going to get pissed because that is so trivial.

I loved the Ruin shots of the city and Nina's face when she realized which city it was not to mention her face when it was revealed that Layfon was Heavens Blade receiver talk about double whammy. Now on to the good stuff what exactly happened to the city that and what events put them in this position. I highly doubt there is anyone from populace left im sure they were all eaten. Notice there no bodies anywhere in the city but then again it has been years but there should still be some trace of blood or remains of humans there was nothing.

I have high hopes now after many of you convinced me to stick with it. I hope it only gets better from here. oh and that crazy queen always with the breast grabbing shes freakin great i thought she had a thing Layfon too but i guess i was just imagining things.
Old 2009-03-04, 21:34   Link #106
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

dunno if we discussed this, but when Fon fon was fighting the two at the beginning, they ended up selecting the wrong one as the real one. Fon Fon was actually behind them, whereas they were going to attack one in front of them.
Old 2009-03-04, 23:24   Link #107
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”germanturkey”
but when Fon fon was fighting the two at the beginning, they ended up selecting the wrong one as the real one. Fon Fon was actually behind them, whereas they were going to attack one in front of them.
Or Fon-fon used his incredibly fast Heaven Blades moves faster than a speeding bullet to show behind them.

Seems like the next episode is about the qualifications of Heaven Blades. Made you wonder how they actually do the HB qualifications. HBs so far are seen as the most hardcore warriors so my guess is on the test they throw about 50-100 powerful Grendan Kei users in to a tar pit filled with high-level Filth Monsters. It’s either win and survive, or be consumed alive. Finally 1 or 2 will emerge victorious and christened, given the title and weapon ‘Heaven Blade’.
Old 2009-03-05, 00:33   Link #108
CybEssen
A gentle ripple

With physical strength obviously being a qualification, there are probably some other things as well, such as mental toughness and things of that nature.

Although from what we've seen so far Layfon goes pretty easily.
Old 2009-03-05, 05:05   Link #109
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
dunno if we discussed this, but when Fon fon was fighting the two at the beginning, they ended up selecting the wrong one as the real one. Fon Fon was actually behind them, whereas they were going to attack one in front of them.
I have to admit, I noticed that one too and got a chuckle out of it.

Layfon owns all.
Old 2009-03-05, 10:53   Link #110
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybEssen
With physical strength obviously being a qualification, there are probably some other things as well, such as mental toughness and things of that nature.

Although from what we've seen so far Layfon goes pretty easily.
Yea well he was supposed to be emo in the novels. Somehow the anime changed him into heroic, cool and composed which is perfectly fine. The good natured is still there though.

Damn next ep can't come soon enough.
Old 2009-03-05, 14:37   Link #111
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Yea well he was supposed to be emo in the novels. Somehow the anime changed him into heroic, cool and composed which is perfectly fine. The good natured is still there though.

Damn next ep can't come soon enough.
Less emo is always a good thing
Old 2009-03-06, 01:15   Link #112
Yaluen
銀髪冒險家兼少女殺手

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Less emo is always a good thing
On the other hand, it's probably better to be emo than have no character at all (unless the person happens to drop off the deep end into a state of Heroic BSOD, then it doesn't matter either way)
Old 2009-03-06, 11:54   Link #113
TrueKnight

About one more day before ep 9. So far in the preview we have squad 5 doing something, Layfon and Nina talking (probably about Fon-fon's past), Felli blushing, in pinch Lerin and Savaris doing henge and kicking ass. I want to see the Felli one lol..mmm..
Old 2009-03-06, 17:57   Link #114
Enternal

Got to say but this series is pretty awesome. It's the only series so far that I have watched every episode every week. It's not to say that I don't watch any others because I do but I'm usually an ep or 2 behind in all the other series.

But yeah, one more day! We will get to see Felli blushing too! Of course more Leerin too!

Anyway, TrueKnight, seeing your avatar of Jade, doesn't it seem like the principal is somewhat similar to Jade? I mean both are pretty manipulative although it would seem right now that Jade is still so much more kickass and full of awesomeness. Perhaps the reason why I like the principal in the first place is due to the resemblance.
Old 2009-03-06, 18:08   Link #115
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Jade's more noble...but the SCP's one good point for me that he's determined and that's why he manipulative even to the extend of immorality.
Old 2009-03-06, 19:26   Link #116
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Jade's more noble...but the SCP's one good point for me that he's determined and that's why he manipulative even to the extend of immorality.
The principal is far from being worthy of comparison with the awesomeness that is Jade.
Old 2009-03-06, 20:31   Link #117
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Jade is awesome but the SCP i think is a little useless coward (for now) xDD
Old 2009-03-06, 23:35   Link #118
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal
Anyway, TrueKnight, seeing your avatar of Jade, doesn't it seem like the principal is somewhat similar to Jade? I mean both are pretty manipulative although it would seem right now that Jade is still so much more kickass and full of awesomeness. Perhaps the reason why I like the principal in the first place is due to the resemblance.
I'm using Abyss' game instead anime as a benchmark. For me at least Jade is far more awesome. But overall their characters do resemble each other. Both of are patriots, manipulative, smart and have the same VA's. The difference is that Jade's what you called a good soldier and a godly kickass fighter, in his mid/late 30s, incredibly sarcastic and funny, and cares for his friends.

Kallian? nah he's not even funny if he tries, he's just manipulative. Jade is where the awesomeness went.
Old 2009-03-07, 00:12   Link #119
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Anyone with capable hands that has someone else hold a phone for them needs a beat down.

I mean really, how high on the horse must one be to warrent that?!

and why the hell is that lass doing it?!

if I had to guess, bet she has that loyal-to-a-Tee-suck-ass-I'll-do-anything-for-you attitude

rather typical role I guess....
Old 2009-03-07, 10:13   Link #120
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

i got a question sorry if im in the wrong post but dunno were to put it can we see Regios in Keyhole TV?