AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-06-03, 09:01   Link #161
Frontier

You know what that jazzy OST means! Kurumi has returned! But she's not here to cause trouble, but instead to...let Shido seal her!? Wait, really? I don't trust her intentions, but Shido can't lose this prime opportunity to finally seal her .

Westcott's not too worked up about them losing Mukuro because Ratatoskr having 10 Spirits actually works in his favor, because now he has a surefire way of making them all go Inverse...kill Shido. And to facilitate that, he's using Beelzebub to create a faux Spirit Neebilcole (Yumiri Hanamori for the win) to help Ellen and Artemisia kill him .

So Shido wants to seal Kurumi and have her live a better life, and Kurumi still wants to devour his Spirit Power...how do these two make their mutual interests align? By turning it into a romance challenge, of course! So now the two are going to try to make each other fall for one another and the winner gets what they want. This Spirit Date may prove to be Shido's toughest challenge yet .

What's up with Shido? He seemed like he blacked out of there. Is this connected to what Kurumi is doing? I thought for a second he flashed to what was going on with Mana .

Mana actually does something! Heading Ellen off and preventing her from finding Shido, with a tip from Kurumi. I guess saving her big brother is enough to make her work with her old nemesis, and Kurumi's clone army is enough to match Neebilcole's .

Well, I guess I'm not surprised Kotori punched Shido in the gut for agreeing to such a risky plan against Kurumi, but I appreciate how she was willing to receive one from him because Rataoskr couldn't do anything...but Shido would rather tickle her silly than hit her, which was pretty fun. And then the girls come in and assume Shido is having his way with Kotori on the sofa. Miku wants that to be her and Origami and Mukuro think Shido might have a sister fetish and want to get adopted .

Oh yeah, I guess Nia never told them about her dealings with Kurumi. But yeah, it seems like her plan to devour Shido always hinged on her having enough power to go back in time to when the Spirit of Origin first appeared so she could kill it .

Kurumi is ready to get this date started first thing in the morning! But Shido is able to land a critical hit by showing Kurumi a bunch of cats, although the poor girl can't seem to pet one. Seeing Kurumi frustrated that cats run away from is probably one of the most human moments she's ever had. And then she turns it around and scratches Shido on the chin. First round of this challenge has definitely ended in a tie and I can't wait to see where it goes next .

Looks like the girls are going all out for Valentine's Day next week !
Old 2022-06-03, 17:19   Link #162
Estzero1

Wow. Not sure if Anime onlys can tell, but changing the anime structure (in more than one way btw.) really improved the pacing. 4 has to be the way moving forward. What I'm curious about how they will include "Ally of Justice" later on. Not going the Muko route is probably the right call since it works better in the anime this way (for more impact) than in the novel.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-03, 18:36   Link #163
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kurumi truly is the best girl. Not only because of her personality, design, and voice; but also because the plot always moves forward when she's involved. Quite a bit of mystery here. I'm guessing Shido blacking out happened at the moment he was killed in the previous timeline Kurumi erased when she went back in time to warn Mana.

Very curious to know what Kurumi's real plan is.
Old 2022-06-03, 20:50   Link #164
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Kurumi is up to something but at less Shidou got somewhat of a plan just go to where cats are
Old 2022-06-10, 06:58   Link #165
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Happy Birthday, Kurumi!
Old 2022-06-10, 09:00   Link #166
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Happy birthday to the best spirit. Looking forward to seeing her in a few hours!
Old 2022-06-10, 09:02   Link #167
Frontier

Kurumi is conversing with herselves for some kind of plan, and it gets kinda morbid as they talk about their inevitable deaths...but it seems like they're ultimately working for the sake of Kurumi and Shido .

Shido isn't wasting time making good use of Kurumi's reveal of cats being her weakness with a home-made cat themed bento, and Kurumi has an excellent bento of her own, and the two go hard on flirting with each other and feeding each other to win this contest while the girls can only look on in awe. We even get smooth and smug Shido! And while Kurumi lets it be a tie, she couldn't resist licking some food off Shido's cheek .

I love how Tohka finds out about Valentine's Day and is disappointed she has to give chocolate instead of receiving them. And then she's just eating her ingredients when they start making chocolate for Shido .

It seems like the final showdown in this date contest is set for Valentine's Day, and the girls can only think of one way to help Shido along with obviously giving him their love-filled chocolate...and that is seducing him as busty adult women (thanks to Natsumi's power) .

I love how Shido knew it was Origami, Miku, and Nia under his bed before he even lifted the covers. That's the true power of an experienced Harem protagonist. Also all three looked amazing in their nightdresses .

Neebilcole visits Shido at this room and starts trying to kill him and then...Shido's okay? Kind of wonder what happened there. Was Kurumi involved ?

Woah, I was not prepared for big sis and big-boobed Kotori with her hair down and nothing but a shirt! Even her voice is huskier. Then there's sexy sensei Tohka, housewife (and naked apron) Yoshino, cosplaying Yuzuru and Kaguya, adult Natsumi in nothing but a towel, and courtesan Mukuro. Meanwhile the girls who jumped the gun get reduced to loli form, which is pretty cute as well .

But all these fake adult women don't hold a candle to a real mature, older, woman when Reine shows up and Shido lands straight into her boobs...and she's able to comfort him and offer some solid advice to the girls on making chocolate. We also finally receive some backstory for Reine where she reveals she was in love once, and the person she loved was so great that he was both her first love and the only man she'll ever love .

Why am I not surprised that Miku wants to drip herself in chocolate so Shido can eat off of her...or Nia can just think of energy bars...or Origami straight up making a chocolate version of herself for Shido to devour that she straight up 3D prints. These girls, I swear .

I love how the girls look to Kotori for advice on making chocolate and without Reine Kotori has no idea what she's doing. At least Natsumi got the basics .

Kurumi even shows up in full dress and apron to make her own chocolate, but the girls aren't going to lose on a chocolate front as they give theirs to Shido to prep him for the big day .

Oh wow, Kurumi backstory! And I think that's the girl from Date a Bullet .
Old 2022-06-10, 17:04   Link #168
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Haniel really is the best. Can turn girls into lolis or sexy onee-sans. Kotori looked particularly beautiful, but she probably won't be that curvy when she grows up. Even Shido was like "no way she'd have such big boobs".

Origami is still ahead when it comes to perversion, but Miku isn't too far behind. They both had similar ideas for their chocolate, and I'd say Miku's was actually better.

That Reine talk... watch her be related to the Spirit of Origin, or even being it herself. That talk was too serious to not be plot relevant.

We're finally getting Kurumi's backstory after 4 seasons. It took a while, but we're finally there!
Old 2022-06-10, 17:36   Link #169
Estzero1

Great episode. If I had to nitpick, them removing the gory part is a bit sad, but maybe it will be on retail like it was with S2. How knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kotori looked particularly beautiful, but she probably won't be that curvy when she grows up.
Not sure. When you look at her mom even though it's not so easy to tell, I would say she is probably going to be pretty solid, maybe a bit smaller than Haniels version.

Old 2022-06-10, 20:44   Link #170
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its good that Origami still thinking out side of the box and using the latest technology to make her self into chocolate but as for Kotori she needs to stay away from the kitchen

Well that one way to eat each others bentos
Old 2022-06-10, 22:38   Link #171
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Great episode. If I had to nitpick, them removing the gory part is a bit sad, but maybe it will be on retail like it was with S2. How knows.
Eh, I wouldn’t count on any uncensoring on the discs. This is in line with the toned down fanservice, and it looks like this toning down is the norm for Geektoys.
Old 2022-06-11, 11:49   Link #172
Frontier

Quote:
Origami is still ahead when it comes to perversion, but Miku isn't too far behind. They both had similar ideas for their chocolate, and I'd say Miku's was actually better.
Who needs a chocolate version of yourself when you can just have them eat chocolate off of you? Presumably while naked .

Nia's having like big boob dumplings just killed me .
Quote:
That Reine talk... watch her be related to the Spirit of Origin, or even being it herself. That talk was too serious to not be plot relevant.
I feel like this season has had the most "something is going on with Reine" moments .
Quote:
We're finally getting Kurumi's backstory after 4 seasons. It took a while, but we're finally there!
We got some insight into it in Date A Bullet, but I'm guessing now they'll be able to dive deeper into it .
Quote:
Not sure. When you look at her mom even though it's not so easy to tell, I would say she is probably going to be pretty solid, maybe a bit smaller than Haniels version.
Link doesn't work...
Old 2022-06-11, 12:17   Link #173
Estzero1

It took me a while to find a good picture, but how about this one:

https://www.pinterest.de/pin/723390758876537590/

Old 2022-06-11, 12:58   Link #174
Frontier

Quote:
It took me a while to find a good picture, but how about this one:

https://www.pinterest.de/pin/723390758876537590/
I could believe this is their parents even though they only adopted Shido .
Old 2022-06-11, 13:12   Link #175
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I could believe this is their parents even though they only adopted Shido .
Well yes. This are indeed Kotoris parents. Had they decided to adapt Vol.11.5 back in season 3 we would have seen them.

Old 2022-06-17, 09:02   Link #176
Frontier

Shido you lucky dog...getting chocolates from girls at home and at school, complete with Origami's lifelike chocolate statue of herself as an angel. Although Shido complimenting it and Orgami genuinely blushing was adorable .

I'm not surprised that Shido's classmates (even his one guy friend) curse him out and devour a chocolate version of him...but luckily the schoolgirl trio were nice enough to give out some Giri Chocolate to placate them. They really are nice girls .

It's time to get this Valentine's Date with Kurumi out of the way! But Shido is confident enough that he doesn't think he needs any support from Ratatoskr to win this date battle, and I love a confident Shido .

I wasn't expecting them to go back to the lingerie shop from season 1...it seems like Kurumi wants to go through the same experience the original copy of her that fell for Shido went through, even knowing the implications of that. Well, she goes for white underwear instead of black underwear, so it's at least a little different .

Shido is on the cusp of getting through to Kurumi and winning her heart, but a part of her is still closed off to him, probably because of her mission to kill the Spirit of Origin and the dark past that lead her to this point. And when Shido wants to find out about it to finally get her to open up, Kurumi cuts him off from the Fraxinus and takes him straight to bed .

If you've seen Date a Bullet, this is basically expanding on the glimpses of backstory we saw there, with Kurumi as a kindhearted, selfless, schoolgirl with her best friend Sawa and wishing she could do more...and the fateful encounter with the Spirit of Origin that ended up defining her fate .

The Spirit of Origin's true name is Mio Takamiya (wait, isn't that Shido and Mana's last name?), and she's out to slay Spirits...here monstrous creatures she claims are out to hurt others, and she needs Kurumi's help because she has a Sephirah Affinity. And thus Kurumi gets her powers and thinks she's about to become a Magical Girl to fight for love and justice, only to turn out to be a dark magical girl .

Some of those monsters Kurumi was fighting was definitely the Sephirah that end up being associated with the Spirits we know, right? Like, the ice monster for Yoshino, Efreet for Kotori, I think we saw Mukuro's in the reaper, etc. If you noticed that, then you might have been clued in to the big twist .

Because it turns out Mio isn't trying to save people, she's been injecting humans with Sephirah that, when not compatible, turn them into monsters and having Kurumi basically kill people so she could refine the Sephirah so they could end up in the girls we know. And one of the victims she had Kurumi kill was none other than Sawa. It's only through Zaphkiel's power that Kurumi doesn't go Inverse, but it's emotionally breaking for her to see what Mio has been using her to do and it costing her everything .

And...Mio's voice and hair feel really familiar...

Judging by the next episode preview, we've got the possibility of Shido dying (judging by all the shocked reactions) and maybe Kurumi proving her own feelings for him in the process to save the day? Definitely going to be a big one .
Old 2022-06-17, 17:11   Link #177
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kurumi was such a kind-hearted girl. And she probably still is, deep down. Her backstory felt like it came straight out of Madoka.

I can understand why she'd want revenge after being manipulated into killing innocent people including her best friend.

Quote:
Some of those monsters Kurumi was fighting was definitely the Sephirah that end up being associated with the Spirits we know, right? Like, the ice monster for Yoshino, Efreet for Kotori, I think we saw Mukuro's in the reaper, etc. If you noticed that, then you might have been clued in to the big twist .
I figured it out as soon as Mio killed the Ice "spirit". The biggest twist was Kurumi killing her friend.

So Mio is the Phantom and quite obviously Reine, no mistaking that hair and voice. I didn't catch on to her last name, if she's Shido's mother it would certainly explain his powers.
Old 2022-06-17, 18:48   Link #178
Estzero1

Very fitting to end this season with Samsara of Salvation. Anime Onlys probably won't like it that much .

Quote:

Because it turns out Mio isn't trying to save people, she's been injecting humans with Sephirah that, when not compatible, turn them into monsters and having Kurumi basically kill people so she could refine the Sephirah so they could end up in the girls we know. And one of the victims she had Kurumi kill was none other than Sawa. It's only through Zaphkiel's power that Kurumi doesn't go Inverse, but it's emotionally breaking for her to see what Mio has been using her to do and it costing her everything .
This episode even gives you more if you go deeper. Just remember how the Kotori vs. Kurumi fight back in S1 went. You should get some other conclusions as well .

@Kanon

Just a little reminder, don't take anything for granted. That's all I have to say .

Old 2022-06-17, 20:51   Link #179
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Shidou getting all that chocolate in front of his class and his male classmates losing it will at less the girls give them some pity chocolates

Thats some backstory Kurumi has
Old 2022-06-17, 23:42   Link #180
Frontier

Quote:
So Mio is the Phantom and quite obviously Reine, no mistaking that hair and voice. I didn't catch on to her last name, if she's Shido's mother it would certainly explain his powers.
"Takamiya" was Mana's last name...so it's the last name of Shido's birth family !?