AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-06-18, 06:54   Link #181
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
"Takamiya" was Mana's last name...so it's the last name of Shido's birth family !?
Well, yeah. You're the one who pointed it out. It's definitely not a coincidence.
Old 2022-06-18, 15:09   Link #182
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
"Takamiya" was Mana's last name...so it's the last name of Shido's birth family !?
Remember that Wescott called him Takamiya near the end of s2.
Old 2022-06-22, 13:45   Link #183
AP24

A reliable source leaked that S5 is in production. We might get official announcement right after the end of this season.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-22, 15:46   Link #184
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I saw that too, but what’s the reliable source?
Old 2022-06-22, 16:09   Link #185
Estzero1

The easiest thing to do would be waiting until friday and see what happens. If it's true, it would make sense judging by how this season will be ending. I'm quite optimistic but not 100% sold yet, which is probably the ideal mindset going in. Let's wait and see .

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-24, 00:41   Link #186
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Well, I’m not expecting to see anything about s5 tomorrow. Maybe it’ll be announced later, and I definitely want an s5 and all the way to the end, but if this information was credible, why is nobody linking or even stating the source?

Even if s5 is announced tomorrow or later, I’ll still be asking this question. It’s more than a little dubious to claim something but never provide a source.
Old 2022-06-24, 08:47   Link #187
AP24

The official twitter account confirmed there will be news at the end of the final episode
Old 2022-06-24, 08:59   Link #188
Frontier

Kurumi has no illusions that she's a good person or that she isn't damned for all the people she's killed and how much she's sinned...but all that matters is going back in time and killing the Spirit of Origin, and maybe in doing so she can save everyone and create a better timeline. And if that takes Shido's Spirit Power...it's a price she's willing to pay. Although not without giving up everything but her Spirit Power to him, including her body .

The show's been holding back on the naked Spirits, but I guess they wanted to make up for it by having Kurumi strip and go buck-naked. And what a glorious sight it is .

And just when things were getting good, of course Nibeelcole had to butt in and ruin the moment, although Kurumi is able to fend her off. And then Nibeelcole and Ellen get into a pissing contest. It's like the wife and the daughter competing for Westcott's attention .

Chuuni Kurumi! And she's willing to explain to Shido what's been going on, that Shido's been getting killed multiple times and Kurumi has been using her powers to go back in time to save him. It was pretty graphic seeing Shido get beheaded by Ellen .

I kind of wanted to see what the Inverse of the Yamai Twins is...I'm guessing it was that purple tornado .

I guess if there was any doubt about the extent of Kurumi's feelings, beyond the clones she'd consumed, the fact that she was so anguished over his death and kissed his corpse should indicate her feelings for him run deeper than just seeing him as a meal for her to change time. Especially when it turns out that Shido had already partially sealed her power by that point and her clones are more than willing to sacrifice their lives for him .

Chuuni Kurumi was about to give the game away and reveal Kurumi's feelings for Shido before she woke up and shot herself. And then she just walks off naked like a boss. It was really quite the sight watching Kurumi engaging in a debate with herself about how much she loves Shido and wants him to pay attention to her. Tsundere Kurumi is a riot .

Phantom stops by to talk to Kurumi only to get shot and reveal that she's...Reine!? Although I guess that shouldn't be too surprising with all the clues that had built up at this point, only it gets even weirder when we see Kurumi consume Reine and then she's there at the Fraxinus like nothing happened. So there are two Reine's? She can clone herself like Kurumi ?

I guess all these mysteries and more will have to wait until the premier of Date A Live V! See you then .
Old 2022-06-24, 09:30   Link #189
Aogami

Nice to see that they didn't pull a Shield Hero season 2 and didn't rush things to hell, even if it means ending things midway with a cliff hanger.
Definitely the strongest season Date a Live has had, especially after the sad states of seasons 2 and 3, only reason issue was some wonky CG in some battle scenes.
Aogami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-24, 11:17   Link #190
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aogami View Post
Nice to see that they didn't pull a Shield Hero season 2 and didn't rush things to hell, even if it means ending things midway with a cliff hanger.
Definitely the strongest season Date a Live has had, especially after the sad states of seasons 2 and 3, only reason issue was some wonky CG in some battle scenes.
I thought season 2 was pretty good...
Old 2022-06-24, 11:26   Link #191
Aogami

Quote:
I thought season 2 was pretty good...
It wasn't nearly as bad season 3 but the big downgrade in art style, some major moments of QUALITY and certain things being rushed quite a bit puts it far below seasons 1 and 4.

Old 2022-06-24, 13:22   Link #192
Frontier

Quote:
It wasn't nearly as bad season 3 but the big downgrade in art style, some major moments of QUALITY and certain things being rushed quite a bit puts it far below seasons 1 and 4.

Fair enough on the animation front, though I think they did really deliver on some scenes .
Old 2022-06-24, 13:24   Link #193
AP24

Quote:

The TV airing version was bad, but they fixed everything on the BD version
Old 2022-06-24, 13:42   Link #194
Frontier

I still remember naked Miku hugging Shido...
Old 2022-06-24, 16:04   Link #195
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

YESSSS, s5 confirmed! At this point it’s almost certain they’re going to animate the series all the way to the end. It’s still more than a little questionable why the people spreading the leak of s5 never named a source though…….

I am honestly (pleasantly) surprised that they went for full buck naked Kurumi here after all the toning down of the fanservice this season. Apparently it pays off to be the most popular character of the series.
But I haven’t seen the episode yet, so did Kurumi still get on top of Shidou offering herself to him? I bet that’s the part they held back.
Old 2022-06-24, 17:15   Link #196
Estzero1

Quote:

Seems like someone hasn't watched the real version of S2. I don't blame you though. Due to Funimation incompetence this version probably does not exist in america, lol .
If we talk about pacing than S2 is actually the best season since they only did 3 Vol. instead of 4. In a perfect world S5 will consist of 3 Vol. as well

Old 2022-06-24, 18:13   Link #197
Aogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Seems like someone hasn't watched the real version of S2. I don't blame you though. Due to Funimation incompetence this version probably does not exist in america, lol .
If we talk about pacing than S2 is actually the best season since they only did 3 Vol. instead of 4. In a perfect world S5 will consist of 3 Vol. as well
I actually did see the BD version and while they fix some of the more egregious stuff like the pic I posted, the overall quality of it is still very poor, it was a Production IMS work after all.
Old 2022-06-24, 18:26   Link #198
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If there is anybody left who still doesn't think Kurumi is the best girl after this episode, they are hopeless.
She has so much more depth than the other girls, and she also has the best looks by far and personality by far (but those are up to taste).

The reveals of this episode prove she's hopelessly in love with Shido. She believes that going back in time and killing the Spirit of Origin will fix everything, and yet she still isn't willing to take Shido's spirit power by force, instead exhausting herself physically and mentally by looping 204 times to save his life from DEM. Not to mention she's willing to offer her "everything" to him. If this isn't love, I don't know what it is.

Forget Tohka, she is the true heroine of DAL for me. It's going to take a LOT to make Tohka as relevant as she is. In fact, she was useless the entire season.

I assume we're getting close to the end game? I can't imagine the author going back to introducing even more useless spirits to conquer. I mean, I like them, but the Yamai sisters, Miku, Natsumi, and Mukuro are fucking irrelevant. Nia is the exception because we actually got to learn more thanks to her.
Old 2022-06-24, 19:38   Link #199
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I assume we're getting close to the end game? I can't imagine the author going back to introducing even more useless spirits to conquer.
This should answer one of your questions. There is more than the eye meets.

As for other one, no under normal circumstances S5 won't be the last .

Old 2022-06-24, 20:50   Link #200
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Kurumi really helping out Shidou so those girls dont lose it and destroy everything

7/10 One more season coming