AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-06-23, 09:00   Link #24281
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Yay volume 12 just released in English

Edit: after finishing the volume, I am disappointed that they didn’t end the epilogue with an image of grown up Yue sitting on a throne lol.
__________________

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2022-06-24 at 21:44.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-26, 20:50   Link #24282
borisdrakoni
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Yay volume 12 just released in English

Edit: after finishing the volume, I am disappointed that they didn’t end the epilogue with an image of grown up Yue sitting on a throne lol.
I’d say it’s a fair bet that Yue will probably get the cover for volume 13 and most likely the color insert too, which makes up for it. Incidentally, thanks to the OVA, most of the Japanese distributors already have preorder pages up for it in case anyone else feels like picking it up. The new BD bonus novel should also be released in a couple of months.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-01, 08:51   Link #24283
sierra117
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
It had been years since i read that part, but Did the WN ever mentioning that Kouki and Eri already have s*x?
__________________
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-01, 14:43   Link #24284
borisdrakoni
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
It had been years since i read that part, but Did the WN ever mentioning that Kouki and Eri already have s*x?
Not really from what I remember. Shirakome almost always skirts around the Nocturne topic without ever going into much detail. Even with Hajime and the girls it mostly boils down to an afterthought of "Well, that happened." in the text. I think it was just an unspoken assumption given Eri's personality and the 3 days she had to do whatever she wanted with Kouki.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-01, 18:49   Link #24285
sierra117
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
Not really from what I remember. Shirakome almost always skirts around the Nocturne topic without ever going into much detail. Even with Hajime and the girls it mostly boils down to an afterthought of "Well, that happened." in the text. I think it was just an unspoken assumption given Eri's personality and the 3 days she had to do whatever she wanted with Kouki.
Yet the LN version directly hinted it huh
__________________
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 05:15   Link #24286
borisdrakoni
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
Yet the LN version directly hinted it huh
That illustration still haunts me. Kouki looked like he aged about 20 years with Eri wrapped around him. Though I do wonder if she’ll end up reincarnated eventually and join his shuraba harem. That’d really throw things into chaos.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 09:14   Link #24287
sierra117
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Spoiler for divine beast:

which one was it? I kinda don't remember any other monster other than the Devourer
__________________
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 11:17   Link #24288
borisdrakoni
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
Spoiler for divine beast:

which one was it? I kinda don't remember any other monster other than the Devourer
That's the Leviathan from Zero volume 2.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 11:26   Link #24289
sierra117
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
That's the Leviathan from Zero volume 2.
Darn, and i though the one from v2 was the Devourer
__________________
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 12:35   Link #24290
borisdrakoni
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
Darn, and i though the one from v2 was the Devourer
The Devourer was in that volume as well. It was the monster that kept chasing Miledi and the others all over the ocean, whereas the Leviathan was the monster that got awakened from the ruins in Andika that they fought at the end.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 16:06   Link #24291
Huh...?
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: India
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
Darn, and i though the one from v2 was the Devourer
While, its treated differently in the current Era, but during Zero Era, Devourer's were on a much lower threat scale compared to a Leviathan.
Plus the Devourer's population was high as well during Zero Era. Since, while in current Era they are considered legendary creatures, but during Zero timeline, we have seen multiple of them, and were considered more of a pest who are hard to kill rather than dangerous (aka., Cockroaches of Sea).
__________________
Position on Fandom/Wikia:

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-22, 03:14   Link #24292
Huh...?
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: India
I find it really odd that they Axed "Arifureta Zero" Manga at Chapter 43, and covering the plot until Light Novel Vol.3.

Not sure why they did it.
__________________
Position on Fandom/Wikia:

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-22, 05:12   Link #24293
RDNexus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portugal
Age: 34
Currently reading Arifureta LN12.
It's being such a chore to read, I literally fall asleep while reading it.

Ever since LN09 the text seems to me that got denser and heavier.
Despite heading to the endgame, it kinda grows boring to me.

IMO, since LN09 each 2 volumes could've been halved and fused.
Faster pacing, less dense stuff, a better read for me.

And to think there's a LN13...
Even Arifureta Zero managed to be a more engaging read.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-22, 05:28   Link #24294
sierra117
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNexus View Post
Currently reading Arifureta LN12.
It's being such a chore to read, I literally fall asleep while reading it.

Ever since LN09 the text seems to me that got denser and heavier.
Despite heading to the endgame, it kinda grows boring to me.

IMO, since LN09 each 2 volumes could've been halved and fused.
Faster pacing, less dense stuff, a better read for me.

And to think there's a LN13...
Even Arifureta Zero managed to be a more engaging read.
well, at least to me (someone had read both ln and wn), volume 12 was still quite enjoyable
__________________
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-22, 12:58   Link #24295
borisdrakoni
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
I find it really odd that they Axed "Arifureta Zero" Manga at Chapter 43, and covering the plot until Light Novel Vol.3.

Not sure why they did it.
It may not have done as well in sales, or perhaps Overlap just didn't have the resources to continue it since Comic Gardo has grown quite significantly over the past couple of years. It's a pity to be sure, because I thought that the Zero manga was an overall better adaptation than the main story manga. Then again, I wouldn't be too surprised if the main story manga got axed as well once it gets through the volume 6 content since it'd take another 6-7 years to catch up to the novels.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-22, 13:13   Link #24296
sierra117
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
On another note, iirc the core of Ehit's Apostle was able either directly or act as a medium to provide its owner literally infinite mana from somewhere, so should the current Yue also be able make something similar?
__________________
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-22, 13:26   Link #24297
borisdrakoni
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
On another note, iirc the core of Ehit's Apostle was able either directly or act as a medium to provide its owner literally infinite mana from somewhere, so should the current Yue also be able make something similar?
I'm pretty sure the apostles received their infinite magic supply from the Sanctuary, which was basically made from power siphoned directly from the planet. While Yue could probably do something similar, it's much more efficient for Hajime to use branches of the world tree and Grasp Gloria to achieve the same result.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-22, 16:29   Link #24298
Huh...?
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: India
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
It may not have done as well in sales, or perhaps Overlap just didn't have the resources to continue it since Comic Gardo has grown quite significantly over the past couple of years. It's a pity to be sure, because I thought that the Zero manga was an overall better adaptation than the main story manga. Then again, I wouldn't be too surprised if the main story manga got axed as well once it gets through the volume 6 content since it'd take another 6-7 years to catch up to the novels.
This is one of the reason why i hate Monthly releases for Manga which are adapted from a Light Novel.
There is tons of content to cover, but for whatever reason they slow down the publication of the Manga Chapters, which actually is bad for the Series and hunts its popularity, as people tend to lose interest in them pretty quickly considering the number of other Series available in Market.

On that aspect, "Ascendance of Bookworm" Manga is doing a better Job.
Since the Light Novel story is divided into "Parts" and contains 30+ LN Volumes, they are also simultaneously releasing multiple "Parts" for the Manga, by hiring different Artist to work on each "Part".
This way, the have already completed Part I of that Series, and they are now simultaneously releasing Monthly Manga Chapters for Part II, Part III & Part IV.
And once Part II Manga is over, they would probably start Part V, along with Part III & Part IV.
This way, they save up a lot of publication time/years for the Series, as by the time Part II completes, a lot of the plot of Part III & IV would be covered already.

I see that a lot of people are unhappy by that method, because they say that it is like Spoilers to the Story.
But i believe that its a better way to cover a long length Series, as the other option would be sudden "Axe", which is worse.
__________________
Position on Fandom/Wikia:

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-27, 07:38   Link #24299
borisdrakoni
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
So the season 2 bonus novel is called "Mythical Remains and the Lady of the Lake"(神話の残滓と湖の乙女). It sounds Arthurian, so I'm looking forward to a synopsis.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-01, 15:15   Link #24300
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
The author said he wanted to finish around the release of 13. Yet no chapters have been released since. Lol. I know he said that they wouldn’t be released as often due to 13 but it’s been nearly 2 months without one lol
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magic, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.