AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2006-06-12, 22:38   Link #21
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
She is tsundere all right, just suggesting other tsundere shows since you sounded interested.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 01:19   Link #22
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

... and Tsundere means? It's one of those words I hear bandied about quite a bit but no-one ever gives an explanation on what it means.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 01:33   Link #23
Zappster

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=29911

Check the first post of that thread, kj1980 provides an explanation of the term with pictures!
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 01:36   Link #24
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
She is tsundere all right, just suggesting other tsundere shows since you sounded interested.
Ahh, I see thanks but I already know about it, and very looking forward for it
Old 2006-06-19, 18:27   Link #25
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

In case it hasn't been mentioned yet, the first episode will air on 7/2.

But really, With Kugimiya Rie (Shana's seiyuu) as Ruiz, and Hino Satoshi (Yuuji's seiyuu) as Saito, this is going to be fun to watch for Shana fans. ^^;

Well, JC Staff did a good job with Shana, so this one should be good too. ^^

*needs to read the novel*
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 03:15   Link #26
NeoSam

I have added a bigger images of the covers of this seinen light novel.

Its in the 4th post of this thread, here, under a spoiler.

Anyway, I felt its needed since those small images of the covers didn't capture the beauty of the art of this light novel.

I also added the release day of every light novel volume.
Old 2006-06-21, 13:13   Link #27
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

You know, it would be really funny if they did a crossover of this with Rose of Versailles <_<; (I know I know, slightly different periods in French history, but still >_>)
Old 2006-06-21, 23:44   Link #28
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Just finished reading the first volume of the novel.

I like this one. Saito is awesome. If anything, the premise of the story is definitely one of the more unique ones I have ever seen. To be summoned into a fantasy world and becoming someone's familiar... My decision to give up or continue with something like a light novel is usually made right in the beginning, if it doesn't interest me right off the bat, then it's very hard for me to keep on reading. In that respect, "Zero no Tsukaima" had a nice start to it: no long-winded stage setting, no personal world views, only the events that are happening at the moment. In a way, it was very easy for me to read.

The tsukkomi had a familiar taste to it, then I realized that Yamaguchi Noboru is the scenario writer of the classic eroge (and later, anime) "Green Green". Yes, *that* Green Green. All those perverted comedy materials suddenly begin to make sense now.

Hmm, before I go further, I've been wondering about all the names that appear in this novel. There are some people with really silly long names here, it's likely that we'll see a dozen different versions flying around when the fansubs come out.

So for the heck of it, here are my interpretations of some of the main names/terms that appeared in the novel (vol.1, at least):
Spoiler for character names/terms:

Anyway, to comment on vol.1 in general, I would say it's interesting. Thinking back now, I supposed it would've been nice to see a little bit more action in those 250+ pages. The novel started off on a good pace, and there were some cool developments, but other than that, most of the story was spent on establishing the story settings (I don't mind though, Saito is a fun guy to follow around ^^; ). If anything, this volume was primarily about the development of a trusting relationship between Saito and Ruiz. I guess you can compare this to the first volume of "Shakugan no Shana", although Saito is much less of a wuss compared to Yuuji. ^^;

But the volume ended on a really nice note (it made me go "aww~"), while leaving many possibilities open. At this point, it's really all up to the skills of the author to maintain enough steam and creativity for another volume (since many novels tend to "flop out" after the first volume, "Suzumiya Haruhi" series was like this until vol.4). But I have confidence in Yamaguchi-san. Seeing as how "Zero no Tsukaima" is up to vol.8 now, and how MOON PHASE's cyan-san is a big fan of the series, I think I won't be disappointed.

I'm curious to see how well will the novel's contents transfer to the anime too.
The portrayal of the "Staff of Destruction" is a good example: since the novel only described it as an "oddly shaped staff", we have no idea what it is exactly until Saito began to "prepare" using it. In the anime though, we will be able to see it right away, so I wonder how well that'll work out.

Also, according to the interview with the director, it appears that the anime's basic plot will cover up to volume 3 of the novel. However, there will be episodes that go beyond that as well.

I ordered the rest of the novel volumes, hopefully I'll be able to catch up by the time the anime airs. ^^

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-06-22 at 00:03.
Old 2006-06-22, 13:49   Link #29
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Hmm, before I go further, I've been wondering about all the names that appear in this novel. There are some people with really silly long names here, it's likely that we'll see a dozen different versions flying around when the fansubs come out.

So for the heck of it, here are my interpretations of some of the main names/terms that appeared in the novel (vol.1, at least):
Spoiler for character names/terms:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-22, 15:15   Link #30
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 15:19   Link #31
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Spoiler:
Are you referring to Henrietta Anne Stuart?

I'm reading through vol.2 now and I can understand the reference. Like I said, I know Louise/Ruiz's name is a reference to French royalties.

But still, since her name was modified (ルイーズ into ルイズ), I felt like I should make a distinction between the two as well. Beside, Ruiz sounds cuter. >< (←the only reason)

Quote:
Spoiler:
Well, "Tristein" still remains the most probable romanization (テイン usually refers to "tein" (pronounced "teen"), as in プロテイン protein), not for the pronounciation, but because "tein" translates directly into "テイン". However, sometimes it does get used for a "tain" or "taine" or "tane" ending because that's how the Japanese pronounce "テイン". Thus it is also possible to get something like "Tristain" or "Tristaine" or "Tristane".

As of now though, I think "Tristein" should be alright. It's really not that important of a term anyway.
Old 2006-06-22, 15:50   Link #32
NeoSam

ヤマグチノボル
Yamaguchi Noboru

Author of Zero no Tsukaima light novel.

His site:
http://homepage3.nifty.com/hexagon2000/

Old site:
http://gonzui.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

All his works can be seen on his new site (links are available to the covers).

All his works are seinen(young men's) light novels, some light novels are published under the seinen light novel label Sneaker Bunko, other are published under the seinen light novel labels: Fujimi Fantasia Bunko and Fujimi Mystery Bunko, and of course Zero no Tsukaima light novel which is published under the seinen light novel label MF Bunko J.
Old 2006-06-22, 22:12   Link #33
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

is there any translations for the novels yet
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 12:27   Link #34
eggplant
Eggplant

Just saw episode 1.
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Here is a photo of staff and cast for Zero no Tsukaima, from bottom, left to right: Hino Satoshi (Saito), Yamaguchi Noboru (novel author), Iwasaki Yoshiaki (Director), Kugimiya Rie (Louise), Takahashi Mikako (Montmorency), Sakurai Takahiro (Guiche), Inoue Nanako (Kirche), and Horie Yui (Siesta).

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 14:25   Link #35
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep1:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 17:55   Link #36
kari-no-sugata

Just watched ep 1...
Spoiler:
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 20:53   Link #37
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant
Just saw episode 1.
Spoiler for Episode 1:
You'd be surprised at how "spine-ful" Saito can be later on. Unlike Yuuji, Saito is actually quite a tough and capable guy. He's also 5 times the hentai Yuuji is though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant
Spoiler for Episode 1:
Well, why not, the two of them sound well together. It's true that I was almost expecting the "urusai" to repeat 3 times when I heard it though.

That, and Tabitha's "shiranai" at the end of the spiral stairwell scene just screamed "alien humanoid interface".

====================
As for some random comments for this first episode:

Spoiler:

Next week is probably going to start with some introductions of the story elements: the academy, the world, the roles of servants, etc.. Then we'll see some new characters (Siesta~) before heading into Saito's first battle. I'm looking forward to it. ^^
Old 2006-07-02, 21:11   Link #38
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Omniscient told me this series has the same voice cast, production staff, and studio that made Shakugan no Shana.

I reserve my comments until a sub is out.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 21:13   Link #39
Omniscient

Episode 01 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 21:17   Link #40
Zhemos

Anyone know which group is gonna sub this series?

I skipped through the raw a little bit, I love the character designs. It looks to be funny. Oh how I wish I knew Japanese. :|
Zhemos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, tsundere