AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2022-07-04, 16:30   Link #3901
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Wasn't Weather beaten by Accel Trial?
They had a short fight before where W almost memory break him...

Still Weather pulled up a better fight imo...at least he tried
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-05, 00:42   Link #3902
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
But Solomon was a "final boss" at that time, that means, at that time, Solomon was the most powerful evil being there...

Do we have a better midboss vs final form fight in KR Series (When I say midboss, I mean at that time both sides know there already exists a higher evil being??)
Agito team dealing with El of Earth, El of Water and El of Wind. After El of Water died, the rest decided to collab, got elemental buffs from Overlord.
Actually strong (need Exceed Gill's heel coupled with G3X's Rocket Launcher as bare minimum finisher) and persistent (usually together, steadily increase their kill count, have no qualms interrupting Rider doing finisher so you really have to defeat them as team if you can't defeat them on first encounter)

555 team dealing with Dragon Orphenoch and Rose Orphenoch. Dragon did well against Blaster Form, albeit didn't last long, while Rose never short of trick (he's nearly as strong as Dragon, have wide-area attacks, but prefer hit-and-run as if he's weak without using Delta Gear; more believable CEO than Aruto and Gai LOL) until Arch Orphenoch ate him for nutrients.

Wizard Infinity vs. Gremlin / Wiseman, I think this one count as they seal the deal with Gremlin after Fueki said he won't use Koyomi for power-up and suspecting Gremlin.
Its obviously one-sided as Infinity Jewel is strongest jewel after Philosopher Stone but I consider it good because its kind of entertaining to see Wiseman punch and kick have no effect to Infinity so he forced to use magic, also Gremlin got final boss seat by simply abusing his super speed. First time someone became a final boss simply because he's the fastest to sneak in every opportunity on top of not being picky about method; his downfall happened because he ditched speed build for strength build. LOL.

Another Zi-O, I gave him point for being so dedicated about ruining Sougo life.

Old 2022-07-05, 02:17   Link #3903
kiak666

Well, the Charybdis Megid also puts up a pretty good fight against Xross Saber, Durandal and Sabela, even though it's weaker than Solomon.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-10, 00:09   Link #3904
kiak666

Welp, Akaishi gets a power up from Giff, only to lose to Over-Demons using Full Genomix after Ikki bought some time for Hikaru to pull off the Genomix. As if losing to Hikaru wasn't humiliating enough, the weakened Akaishi gets killed by Daiji, whom intends to replace the Fenix Director as Giff's right hand man (so much for Genta's lesson from last week )

Speaking of Giff, Ultimate Revice manages to hold their own against the progenitor of all demons when working as a team. Though when Ikki left to assist the others, Ultimate Vice is immediately shown to be at an disadvantage.

Lastly, man they are dragging the Daiji subplot until next week, though next week's preview did tease a new form for him. Hopefully they'll end this subplot as well...
Old 2022-07-10, 11:28   Link #3905
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

As Destream vs. Vail done, we're back to usual confusing Revice.

At this point I seriously questioned if the main writer really have plan when it comes to opposite side.
Akaishi introduced as a maniac-kind of villain, have reveal (by quoting Takeda Shingen) that he's actually kind of smart like the usual mastermind evil, felt Daiji can became his family because both fear of Giff, lose to Ultimate Revice despite all the years in organization, got a power-up, now ended just like that. What's to love about him when his characterization is a mess? Wrote it like this made me suspect they tried to made Akaishi got sad past on last leg in hope making him more likeable after going maniac and going smart not selling him enough.

I'm not really into Hikaru portion in this episode. Suddenly he got attention, people cheered on him, handle 4 mix and defeat Akaishi? How so? Olteca who is still legit bar of most capable user not pushed it to 4 even with Vail. Unwritten rule "Sakura team is the real MC of this series" still applied I guess.

Surprise, suddenly someone got someone else's Inner Demon.

And, yeah, hopefully they ended Daiji sub-plot next week.

Old 2022-07-10, 16:22   Link #3906
GDB

Daiji's plot has zero direction, the author just seemingly wanted to combine Kaito and Mitsuzane from Gaim into a singular character who couldn't live up to either of them.

Also, with the exception of Ultimate Revice, none of the characters have any semblance of proper power scaling. They'll get trashed by mooks one week and then beat the crap out of a top tier enemy the next week.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-10, 17:56   Link #3907
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Akaishi could have been a cool villain if he actually stuck to what he was saying: he agreed to serve Giff in order to save humanity, even it meant becoming slaves. When Giff decided to eradicate humanity, he should have rebelled against him instead of becoming his executioner. Or, in an attempt to showcase Giff's cruelty, be turned against his will into humanity's grim reaper. But nope. He was just Giff's fuccboi.
Old 2022-07-11, 17:08   Link #3908
justavisitor

if you look at it from a grand perspective, the pace is not wrong...Daiji is losing his minds->joins back to the team-->fights Giff-->deals with Ikki's memory loss

The problem is, we are at lost of why Daiji is feeling lost, and it affects the overall impression of the show

Ironically, in the last episode, they show how happily and peacefully people are living in that whatever place is called created by Akaishi...they should have shown that many episodes ago with Daiji there!! That will explain why Daiji switched side, and the phrase from Ikki, "I want to get their smile back" will become hollow and useless because ppl are smiling there

Plus, all Giff does to make ppl devolve, at this moment, is to merely take away the inner devil peacefully, the inner devil that no one wants!! Agito does a lot better here...in Agito, all ppl who have the superpower have to be killed, so the main group has no choice but to rebel

They could have done a bit better
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2022-07-11, 21:44   Link #3909
B214

Quote:
if you look at it from a grand perspective, the pace is not wrong...Daiji is losing his minds->joins back to the team-->fights Giff-->deals with Ikki's memory loss

The problem is, we are at lost of why Daiji is feeling lost, and it affects the overall impression of the show

Ironically, in the last episode, they show how happily and peacefully people are living in that whatever place is called created by Akaishi...they should have shown that many episodes ago with Daiji there!! That will explain why Daiji switched side, and the phrase from Ikki, "I want to get their smile back" will become hollow and useless because ppl are smiling there

Plus, all Giff does to make ppl devolve, at this moment, is to merely take away the inner devil peacefully, the inner devil that no one wants!! Agito does a lot better here...in Agito, all ppl who have the superpower have to be killed, so the main group has no choice but to rebel

They could have done a bit better
It can also be viewed as perception, POV or prejudice whatever you want to call it if you ask me. Ikki and his allies view Giff and Akaishi as enemies of humanity and threat that needs to be eliminated. So no matter how much good is done on their side, Ikki and the others still won't accept them. It's like how Daiji just wanted to save the civilians but they throw stone at him treating him as an enemy. Ikki and Sakura were there and couldn't even do anything for Daiji.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-11, 22:05   Link #3910
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
It affects the overall impression of the show
Spoiler for Well, about that ...:
Its not exactly inspiring to begin with.

Old 2022-07-12, 19:39   Link #3911
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Spoiler for Well, about that ...:
Its not exactly inspiring to begin with.

I am not saying they are inspiring XD....just a very typical plot that could have handled a bit better
Old 2022-07-16, 21:34   Link #3912
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
All I have to say is, F*CKING FINALLY!

Spoiler for The payoff:

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-16, 22:14   Link #3913
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
All I have to say is, F*CKING FINALLY!

Spoiler for The payoff:
Nah, Geats only began shooting this month. So, Revice will last until end of August.

And yup, turns out Giff didn't eat Olteca. In fact I also saw the Planarian and Sabertiger Deadman on next week's episode.

On other news, looks like Revice's summer movie form is called Kamen Rider Igarashi, and it appears to be the fusion of the three siblings:

And finally, the Jeanne and Aguilera TTFC Special will feature the return of Izu, Reika, Akiko and Poppy:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-07-17, 04:03   Link #3914
iko_uwais

It's already been confirmed by Yukimi's actress that Revice will end on August. Geats like usual, will starts on September
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 08:44   Link #3915
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spoiler for Episode 44:
Old 2022-07-17, 09:15   Link #3916
GDB

I definitely wouldn't call this the first obvious rewrite. Remember when Vice revealed that he's been protecting the Igarashi family all along, and he likes humans? Also remember when the literal first thing he did after getting a body was try to eat Ikki's mom? And the second time he tried to eat some random passerby?

But yeah, the concept of Daiji's fall from grace was fine, but it was horribly executed from start to finish and the authors were clearly just making it up as they went. Though I guess that can be said for much of Revice.

That said though, for making it up on the fly as they go, it's better written than you'd expect since usually such a writing structure leads to a horrible, HORRIBLE mess.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 09:34   Link #3917
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I said this elsewhere on the net: Revice has fallen into the (apparently usual) KR trend of "35 episodes of plot but have to fill 50 episodes".

My own personal feelings are that the first part where Olteca being the Big Bad was actually well-done and tightly written. But the second half... has been a mess. Or more specifically: both the Sakura/Aguilera arcs AND Daiji's own conflict should've been wrapped up in all of three episodes or so. That would've given more time for characters such as Hikaru and Akaishi to be developed, instead of having there chratacrer growth rushed AFTER thye became Important Characters.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 10:12   Link #3918
iko_uwais

Lol, reminded me of Kabuto. Started out well, began hemorrhaging its plot by ep 36. That was 2006 and here we are now, still facing the same thing
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 10:35   Link #3919
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I called it most obvious because of Giff talking.

I think its more of "what happened when writing this?" if you look at some sub-plot mess, like the one mentioned by GDB and justavisitor.
Personally, Kabuto and Hibiki problems were more understandable as Kabuto passion clearly goes to God Speed Love movie instead (you can think second half of the series doesn't matter compare to movie) while Hibiki got it worse due to actor, writer and director fighting in midst of second half of the series.
Old 2022-07-17, 10:44   Link #3920
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Maybe Kuuga, Agito & Ryuki are the only KR shows that truly came out clean by sticking to what they intended to do from beginning to end (with maybe some fillers in between).

Some will say Blade too but I think the middle part is pretty weak.

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu