AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-19, 12:09   Link #22981
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I wish to read/see a story about Touma's past. He leave it blank and only show a bit of it with lots of mystery concerning before the memory erase.
His dad provided a good enough look into Touma's distant past in the Angel Fall arc. And it was quite painful. Touma's misfortune extended back to his childhood, and it made him a target for many, in really serious ways, which is why he got sent to Academy City.

Where he's been kicked, shot, whatever the hell Kretune does, and had to electrocute himself. In the last couple of days.
Old 2013-01-19, 12:16   Link #22982
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Could it be..... Touma saved Misaki in the past, and thus she has lingering feelings for him, which was crushed when he didn't recognize her? It could feed into the "untrusting Misaki" characteristic.
And she probably can't read his mind too, on top of that ...
Old 2013-01-19, 12:27   Link #22983
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
And she probably can't read his mind too, on top of that ...
What are the specifics of her power again? If it's some kind of special wave that goes straight to the brain, IB probably wouldn't work, though, if it expands lke a sound wave, it would come in contact with his right hand and be nulled instantly.

Anyone feel free to correct me inmediatly on anything, I'm working with small bits of info here.
Old 2013-01-19, 13:03   Link #22984
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Could it be..... Touma saved Misaki in the past, and thus she has lingering feelings for him, which was crushed when he didn't recognize her? It could feed into the "untrusting Misaki" characteristic.
I like that possible theory, but this is also one of the things you might need to go and... uh, what was it again, Mental Out? ... Kamachi so that it happens.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2013-01-19, 13:24   Link #22985
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
His dad provided a good enough look into Touma's distant past in the Angel Fall arc. And it was quite painful. Touma's misfortune extended back to his childhood, and it made him a target for many, in really serious ways, which is why he got sent to Academy City.
This was from vol 04. But that's only from the pov of the father. What was the feelings of Touma from that time and also his life at academy city. What was he before the memory destruction. People around him doesn't even suspect that he lost his memory at all. its like.... well if he is close to someone then that someone will probably notice something different to him but so far none. Even his parents without actually knowing that he lost his memory. no one notice. Isn't that fishy or something to laugh about.

Memory makes the character of a person. His personality and his belief lies in it but Touma returns into a blanks state though he still has his basic knowledge but the memory about the people he meet. He lost it. How come no one notice it...... and if you read the manga of Railgun. The meeting on Misaki. Hinted about something but who knows. Maybe its Kamachi trolling again.

I just want to see people that knew Touma before his memory lost.
Old 2013-01-19, 14:35   Link #22986
Twi

Quote:

Where he's been kicked, shot, whatever the hell Kretune does, and had to electrocute himself. In the last couple of days.
Couple?
It's been only a day and all of the above has happened.
Old 2013-01-19, 14:39   Link #22987
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Couple?
It's been only a day and all of the above has happened.
It all started during day, then night came, now it's day again. It's been at least day and a half.
Old 2013-01-19, 14:58   Link #22988
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Is this a story we're supposed to take seriously? I don't remember anymore
There are plenty of serious things happenin
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2013-01-19, 15:05   Link #22989
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
What are the specifics of her power again? If it's some kind of special wave that goes straight to the brain, IB probably wouldn't work, though, if it expands lke a sound wave, it would come in contact with his right hand and be nulled instantly.

Anyone feel free to correct me inmediatly on anything, I'm working with small bits of info here.
This conversation has already been made in the past and I don't want to dig it up again so let's live it at that.
Old 2013-01-19, 15:12   Link #22990
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
This conversation has already been made in the past and I don't want to dig it up again so let's live it at that.
Sure, I can live with that, figured it would end up like this anyway.
Old 2013-01-19, 17:41   Link #22991
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yet how often have we seen Misaki with Touma on extended story arcs? Kamachi rarely leaves his Chekov's Guns untouched...
I'll consider it if it's brought up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I wish to read/see a story about Touma's past. He leave it blank and only show a bit of it with lots of mystery concerning before the memory erase.
Even a story of Kamijou and Index's past is on the verge of taking up a whole volume.

Quote:
Anything is possible at this point.

Quote:

The only thing we know is that Mikoto is immune to it, and she needs a remote control.

Quote:
It all started during day, then night came, now it's day again. It's been at least day and a half.
'A couple of days' does imply more than that though
Old 2013-01-19, 18:35   Link #22992
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Quote:
“I am only up here because my friends forced me, but why would anyone be interested in some old woman who refuses to even come over here?”
Does that sound like someone who would go the extra mile drag to her opponent all the way out to compete?
Actually, given her personality, it sounds like a big lie. This is a girl without friends to begin with, so who could force her? ... Though admitedly, this is based on the current status quo in the Railgun manga, I don't know what could change by the end of that arc.
Old 2013-01-19, 18:52   Link #22993
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Actually, given her personality, it sounds like a big lie. This is a girl without friends to begin with, so who could force her? ... Though admitedly, this is based on the current status quo in the Railgun manga, I don't know what could change by the end of that arc.
If you're gonna go with the personality argument, then why would a big show off like Misaki have to lie about it? In fact, why bother opening with that statement instead of something more showboating? To add further, does she seem like the kind of person who would want to duel fair and square or just win? If Seria is her competition, why would she care if she shows up or not?

I don't see why people are so adamant in trying to link Misaki's visit to a certain highschool to be about dragging Seria to this contest.
Old 2013-01-19, 18:59   Link #22994
leukrota

Quote:
If you're gonna go with the personality argument, then why would a big show off like Misaki have to lie about it? In fact, why bother opening with that statement instead of something more showboating?

I don't see why people are so adamant in trying to link Misaki's visit to a certain highschool to be about dragging Seria to this contest.
I don't know. Maybe the prize includes a gourmet cake or something.
Old 2013-01-19, 19:04   Link #22995
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I don't know. Maybe the prize includes a gourmet cake or something.
When was the last time you have seen a beauty pageant whose first prize is food?
Old 2013-01-19, 19:10   Link #22996
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Guys, what are the odds that Kamachi would release a Volume 0 of Toaru Majutsu no Index Old Testament?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-01-19, 19:11   Link #22997
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Not something I'll hold out hope for.
Old 2013-01-19, 19:12   Link #22998
leukrota

Quote:
When was the last time you have seen a beauty pageant whose first prize is food?
When was the last time you have seen a bandaid swimsuit at a beauty pageant? Common sense doesn't apply to AC.
Old 2013-01-19, 19:17   Link #22999
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
When was the last time you have seen a bandaid swimsuit at a beauty pageant? Common sense doesn't apply to AC.
And so using that as your argument, you propose a conclusion that has no solid basis, instead of the simple straight forward answer?
Old 2013-01-19, 19:20   Link #23000
leukrota

Quote:
And so using that as your argument, you propose a conclusion that has no solid bases, in favor of the simple straight forward answer?
As if anything said so far about this issue has solid bases. What else can we do with so little input?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen